Beach Blanket Babylon is an architecturally designed holiday home and perfect for that seaside getaway for adults and families with children alike.
Downstairs is a large lightfilled area with beautiful polished cement floors, Light filters from the void above the front door, and large glass sliding doors bathe the space in sunlight.
* 2 bedrooms. Each bedroom sleeps 3. (A bunk bed with queen on the bottom & king single on top)
* A large 2 way bathroom with bath tub,
* A fully appointed open plan kitchen with dishwasher & microwave and stools for breakfast bar dining
* Large trestle dining table made from re-cycled timbers
* Living area, with large comfy black leather lounges.
* Flat screen TV, DVD player, & ipod/ iphone docking station for music.
* Large sliding doors opening onto a backyard deck and large lawn area with outdoor table and chairs.
*Also a protected paved courtyard is a lovely place to relax or for the kids to play, complete witih outdoor lounge chairs.
* 4 burner BBQ with hood.
* Split system cooling/heating unit downstairs
* For those with young children there is a porta-cot available
* high chair
*Table tennis table in garage
* To keep your packing simple we also supply a number of quality board games, playing cards, assortment of DVD's and Young childrens books and a few toys.
Upstairs offers a bright 2nd living area opening onto a deck with limited ocean views. There is a beautiful bright living space, floor boards and carpeted bedrooms. A balcony and lounge leaves plenty of space to relax and enjoy the peace & quiet.
* 3 queen bed rooms
* The Master bedroom with large sliding doors opening onto the lounge offers a parents retreat and also an ensuite bathroom with large shower recess and stone bench top vanity.
* A separate bathroom with skylight is located adjacent to the other 2 queen bedrooms.
*Large living area with Modular leather lounge
*Large flat screen TV
*Split system cooling / heating unit upstairs
*PLEASE SUPPLY YOUR OWN LINEN (sheets, pillow cases & towels). T-towels are supplied.
PLEASE : NO SMOKING, DOG ALLOWED OUTSIDE, IF YOU HAVE A PET PLEASE EMAIL TO DISCUSS
Beach Blanket Babylon is a short walk to Boomer Beach and the scenic coastal walking track which winds its way around the coast to popular Horseshoe bay. For the beach lovers and surfers there is a hot/cold outdoor shower to rinse the sand when you get home.
Port Elliot is a small seaside holiday destination for both local and international tourists and is an ideal spot to watch the Southern Right Whales cavorting in the bay. This is a site not to be missed.
Also a short walk to the historic township of Port Elliot and its cafe's and restaurants. A favourite of ours is the magnigicent Hotel Elliot a beautiful place for a relaxing wine and offers lovely restaurant quality food. There are also numerous breakfast cafe's, if you want to grab a coffee and read the paper. The Port Elliot Bakery is an institution, with summer line ups out the door & down the street...
Horseshoe Bay is a lovely protected beach for the kids to swim and play on the playground, and is home to The Flying Fish, a wonderful cafe selling ocean front fish and chips, icecreams & drinks - make sure to pop in, its a popular place!
You are a short drive to a number of local towns including Victor Harbor, Middleton surf beaches and Goolwa.
Port Elliot offers plenty to do, but make sure to leave plenty of time to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. You can cook up a storm in the kitchen its not far to shops where you can buy gourmet foods, organic produce and fresh meats.
There are also plenty of places for some retail shopping therapy.
Port Elliot is only an hour south of Adelaide and is located between the 2 seaside towns of Victor Harbor and Goolwa, and both are worth a trip. The old Cockle Train or 'Steam Ranger' runs along the coast and is a fun family outing. It leaves from Goolwa and travels through Port Elliot to Victor Harbor during school holidays and most weekends over peak season.
For information about markets and other attractions in the area please visit Government of South Australia's Fleurieu Peninsula web site.