About the property
- House2443 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Conveniently located 4 bedroom beach house with huge deck and 2 living spaces
Beach House on Straddie is a quality 2 level, 4 bedroom beach house only minutes' walk to pristine sandy beaches, crystal clear water and spectacular headlands. Situated in the laidback township of Point Lookout - shops, cafes and amenities are only a short stroll away. We welcome weekend bookings as well as longer stays, making Beach House on Straddie the perfect beach getaway.
OUR RATES ARE CHEAPER THAN PRICE QUOTED - scroll down to actual prices below.
ABOUT THE HOUSE
Ideal for couples or 2 families, each level of the house is fully self-contained and features 2 bedrooms, lounge, dining, bathroom, well equipped kitchen and outdoor area.
Upstairs the living area opens on to a huge covered deck, perfect for entertaining or just enjoying the leafy, northerly outlook.
The deck continues along the length of the house which each bedroom opens on to and has floor to ceiling louvres for cool, summer nights. The master bedroom features a private sitting room to simply chill out or relax with a good book.
Downstairs has a huge open plan living area & spacious yard, making it the ideal hangout for kids. An outdoor shower is conveniently located just before the external stairs to the upstairs deck.
• Attractively furnished open plan living/dining/kitchen area on each level with all mod-cons.
• Each living area has modern, comfortable sofas to stretch out on, 32" flat screen HDTV and DVD player. Upstairs stereo has iPod dock, CD player and AM/FM radio
• Both kitchens are well equipped with fridge/freezer, microwave, 4 burner stove & oven. Upstairs includes full-size dishwasher.
• You'll find all the kitchen tools desired when on holiday along with full laundry facilities.
• 4 bedrooms easily accommodate 8 people:
- Upstairs Bed 1: Queen
- Upstairs Bed 2: Tri-bunk: double on bottom with single on top
- Downstairs Bed 3: Queen
- Downstairs Bed 4: Tri-bunk (as above) & 1 single
• 2 bathrooms with streaming hot water to meet the demands of any family.
• Fully screened windows for cool, summer nights. Pedestal fans also provide added comfort.
• External stairs join the 2 levels, front and back. Please note there are no internal stairs.
• Lots of great outdoor living space
- Covered deck area seats 8 with gourmet BBQ conveniently positioned nearby.
- Further along relax in the sun on quality Lounger & Outdoor Bean Bags
- Take advantage of the Outdoor Shower located at the base of the external stairs
• Floor plans and additional info may be viewed on our Beach House on Straddie website
AN UNBEATABLE LOCATION
• Beach House on Straddie is only a short stroll away from 3 of Straddie's most popular beaches - Cylinder, Deadmans & Frenchmans.
• Cylinders is a picturesque cove nestled between two headlands, making it perfect for sun-bathing & swimming. Surfers will also find a world-class, right hand sandbar break that travels the full length of the beach on a good day.
• Although not patrolled, Deadmans is a perfect sheltered and secluded spot. Kids love exploring the rock pools & sand dunes. Waves are usually good for boogie-boarding. Surfers will also find consistent right-handers.
• Continuing further to Frenchmans makes for a great morning beach walk. Follow the stairs up to East Coast Rd and grab a coffee for the return trip home.
• During June to November, Deadmans & Frenchmans are the best places for whale watching.
• Fresh produce & grocery supplies can be bought at Foodworks located a few hundred metres from Beach House on Straddie. The local bus service also stops nearby.
• How to get to Beach House on Straddie can be found on our site.
PRICING - PLEASE NOTE:
In most instances, the rate Homeaway quote will be more than the rate we charge. We will always confirm the price with you when making an enquiry.
Our rates are as follows:
Min. 2 nights - $750.00. Each night thereafter is $200/night
Rates are higher during school holidays and long weekends:
• June holidays - $850/2 nights + $230/night thereafter
• Sept holidays - $950/2 nights + $250/night thereafter
• Dec/Jan holidays - $1200/2 nights + $320/night thereafter
Linen hire is not included but can be arranged for you at an additional cost of $25/double and $16/single.
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- Dec 06, 2015
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Please ask the owner or check their rental agreement when booking the property.
Great place to stay. Close to shops and cafes, only a short walk to the beach. Would highly recommend.
This house is in a great position within Point Lookout - close proximity to multiple beaches and shops. It is fairly spacious and well-presented. The back deck is a great shared space, whilst having two kitchens and two lounge rooms provides options for separated spaces too. We really enjoyed our stay here!
Very warm inviting home so close to all amenities
enjoyed our week on Stradbroke Is, house is ideally located . Very practical clean warm home.
We have just returned from staying at the Beach House on Straddie over New Years. We were first timers to the island with 2 teenagers. The house is great. We were upstairs with the kids in their own area down stairs. Neat and clean with all facilities you would need. Our beds were made on request and the key system very easy to work. Very handy location to main beach and Cylinder. Our kids walked everywhere...including the local Gelato shop daily! The upstairs area was smaller than I anticipated but the deck compensated - it's huge and great to entertain on. We have already booked our return stay! Thanks Nicole for all your help and prompt replies.
Fantastic family holiday house!
Lovely location, beautiful house. We went with two families with two young children each, and it was great to have our individual levels. There was enough space for us all (8 people) to eat dinner together up on the beautiful deck, and each kitchen was well stocked. Great for two families, highly recommend it.
Location and Convenience!
We really enjoyed our stay at Beach House on Straddie. The house is easy to find and well equipped. It is within walking distance from several beaches as well as Point Lookout shops and the North Gorge walk.
Beach House on Straddie is conveniently located in a quiet leafy area of Point Lookout. Deadmans, Frenchmans and Cylinders beach are only minutes walk away. Cafes, shops and bars are within easy walking distance too.