|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
You won't find a rental with better views, decor, or amenities in Pirates. This is a dream beach house with beach/ sand views from almost every room. We are only 30 STEPS TO BEACH. LOOK at our pictures - you won't find a rental in Pirates closer to the beach.
The home has been professionally decorated and has all the amenities you could possible imagine.
* Beach Views (not just water but actually SAND VIEWS) from 8 rooms
* Beach view Balconies (eating / lounge)
* Cable and Internet - WIFI
* DVD, Book and Game Library
* King Master w/ In Suite Bath, Private Balcony, LCD TV/ Cable, Full Beach Views
* King Bedroom w/ access to deck with full beach views
* King Bedroom w/ in suite bath, and access to deck with full beach views
* Bunk room w/ sleeping for 7, LCD TV, cable, and Wii System (mid August), in suite bath - Perfect Kids retreat
* Kitchen w/ gourmet amenities and beach views
* Access to Galveston Country Club (Golf, Tennis, Pool, Restaurant)
* Outdoor Shower
Keywords: Beach house
Being steps away from the beach made this property very special especially for young children. Having beach toys and chairs at the property meant there was no need to bring your own. The house was plenty large enough for our group of 6 adults and 3 children. You had great views of the Gulf from all 3 patio decks. The kitchen was well stocked with dishware, cooking utensils, and condiments. Having access to the Galveston Country Club's pool, tennis courts, and golf course was also a plus! We would return again.
Jim R. - Plano TX
Really enjoyed this beach house. It was perfect for our family of 7 adults and 3 kids. We loved being right at the beach. The house had all the amenities that we could ask for. Definitely coming back next year.
The Bad - Mosquitos in Galveston at that time of year are plentiful. Certainly not a knock on the house itself but I wanted something negative to write.
The Excellent - Everything else.
- The Management. Dealing with Karen was a pleasure. She was prompt with replies and our deposit. We have rented though HomeAway before both for Galveston and other locations and I am glad we found her there.
- Location. Being a long island, there is always some downside in our opinion to any location. Near town puts you near activities but away from nice beaches. This location made the downtown activities within a reasonable distance while providing a great beach location.
- Accommodations - My wife and I rented the home and invited our two daughters and their families (five children with four of them being five or under.) The house had enough bedrooms to give us space yet main rooms were large enough that we could intermingle which was the goal of the trip.)
- Ammenities - TV, games, beach toy, cookware and dishes were plentiful. We would have loved to use the porches but as mentioned the mosquitos are bad in early OCT. The proximity to the beach was great.
Since we rent a place somewhere in Texas once or twice a year I looked up their other properties as possible future locations. Unfortunately they look to not be of sufficient size for our needs as I imagine they are nice like this place and as mentioned I liked working with Karen. Not sure when we will return to Galveston again but I see us as returning to this house some day in the future.
We had a wonderful time at Playa Romantica from May 31 to June 7. The house is perfect in so many ways for the three generations we had there. The bedrooms and bathrooms are so comfortable for the adults and the bunk room was great fun for the little ones. With the huge deck and under-house area, there is always a shady spot with a wonderful breeze. The outdoor shower with hot water was amazing and there were lots of beach chairs and toys to use. We set up a tent/awning on the beach and left it there all week. It's about 50 yards through the dunes to the beach. Our only issue was the abundance of seaweed. It is cleared into two huge mounds every day, but they do not clear a path to the water. We recommend bringing a shovel to do that yourself. Other than that, the water was a perfect temperature, no under tow, and waist deep out to about 100 yards with a soft sand bottom. We weren't ever bothered by bugs. There is a convenience store across the highway that has a lot of food items, liquor, and beach supplies. Thank you, Karen, for helping us have a wonderful birthday celebration.
Fort Worth Smiths
The house was excellent, everyone loved the house.
We created many memories there. Hope to be back next year. Thank you so much for sharing your home.
Twelve girlfriends and I, thirteen total, stayed at Playa Romantica for the weekend. The house was beautifully decorated (a friend swore she had seen every room in a Pottery Barn magazine), extremely clean, and in a perfect location. Each of us had plenty of space to do what we wanted: layout on the decks, curl up and read, listen to music and dance, or sit around talking and laughing. The beds were all clean and extremely comfortable. The only thing I would like to let everyone know is that the bunk beds are definitely standard twin-sized. While several of us were under 5'6 and fit comfortably, anyone taller than that definitely wouldn't be able to stretch out. :) There were plenty of bathrooms and they were all very clean and well stocked.
The code we were given to open the door didn't initially work, but I called Karen - the owner - and she quickly responded with a working number. No other issues there. We also had to go refill the propane tank before we grilled our dinner, but that wasn't an issue because we had to go out for supplies anyway. When I let Karen know, she readily offered to reimburse us for the tank (since we weren't planning on taking the tank with us). Super great of her!
The house is right next to the beach - so close that we could run back to the house for snacks or bathroom breaks. We also didn't have a problem with noise since the beach is semi-private. We had a wonderful time and everyone agreed it was the best house we'd rented in the last three years. Thanks so much to Karen for sharing her beautiful, sea-side home! We really do appreciate it!
Golf , swim and eat at Galveston Country Club
* Moody Gardens- Rain Forest, Water park/beach, Discovery Pyramid, etc
* Schlitterbahn water park
* Greyhound Racing
* Golf Cart Rentals
* Sea Wall Bicycling
* Segway Tours
* Historical Galveston Tours/ Architecture
* Trolley Rides
* Strand Shopping
* Sea Kayaking
* Crab Hunting
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Sep 20 2016 - Jan 2 2017
3 night minimum stay
Jan 3 2017 - Jan 31 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$225 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$600|
Holidays are $795 a night for four nights surrounding holiday.