|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Taking bookings for winter 2017. Get in early to soak in the spa.
* 2010 state finalist in the Take A Break prestigious accommodation awards.
At Millers Retreat we aim for you to have a stress free holiday, to help keep the kids entertained and the parents relaxed.
Millers Retreat is situated in a very tranquil setting with ever improving landscaping and wonderful views.
We provide hundreds of in house movie's, Xbox and Wii games and board games for all the family to enjoy.
After a day out in the snow or boating on any of the local dams or exploring Kosciusko National Park, come back to Millers Retreat and relax in the hot tub with a nice glass of wine while hubby cooks up a banquet on the large BBQ on the deck with the kids entertained in the lounge room.
* Airconditioned - Reverse Cycle. .
* KITCHEN: Newly built 2012. Fully equipped electric kitchen with microwave, coffee machine, breakfast bar and stools etc. Condiments supplied.
* DINING ROOM:8 seater solid timber dining suite plus a 6 seater colonial dining suite on the deck.
* LOUNGE ROOM: Very large with combustion wood fire place (fire wood supplied), 4 & 5 seater lounges and 1 ottoman fold out double sofa bed. Includes 46" Satelite TV/DVD/BlueRay/CD/Video/Xbox/Wii with hundreds of movies and some Xbox, Wii and board games. Comfortably seat all 9 guests on the large lounges. All furniture new 2014.
* BEDROOM 1: includes 1 queen bed and wardrobe.
* BEDROOM 2: 1 trio bunk (i.e. 1 single & 1 double bed as 1 bunk), built in wardrobe, 2nd 32"TV with built in DVD player. New beds 2014.
* BEDROOM 3: single bunk beds. New beds 2014.
* Lounge Room: Fold out double sofa bed.
* Bedding includes pillows, doonas, blankets.
* BYO Bed linen (i.e. sheets & pillow cases) and towels.
* LAUNDRY: washing machine, clothes dryer, iron & ironing board.
* BATHROOM: Newly built 2015. Includes bath with shower, sink and toilet. Plus second separate toilet.
* PLAYGROUND: Directly across the road.
* BACK DECK: Is 45M2 of covered + 9M2 uncovered outdoor entertaining area with fantastic views, complete with 8 seater heated spa, 7 burner bbq, Outdoor heater, second fridge, lounge and tables and chairs and awnings to keep the weather out.
* FRONT DECK: 12M2 partially covered deck overlooking pond with waterfall and surrounded by gardens with seating.
Places To Visit and Things To Do
Batlow for apples; Adelong & Kiandra for gold diggings; Yarrangobilly Caves and 27 degrees thermal pool, the Snowy Mountains including Mount Selwyn snowfields, Tumut 3 Power Station, Talbingo Dam, Kosciusko National Park, Bago State Forest, Blue Water Holes, Buddong Falls to name a few.
Fish for rainbow trout, brown trout and redfin on Lakes Talbingo, Blowering or Tantangara or in the numerous creeks and streams running out of the foothills of the Snowy Mountains. Murray Cod and other native fish are caught in Blowering Dam. Fishing Rods for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo. Fishing tackle, supplies & bait from either Talbingo Supermarket or Talbingo Service Station.
Ski and tobogan on Mount Selwyn snow fields. Talbingo is below the snowline although the ski slopes of Mt Selwyn are only 35 minutes away via the Snowy Mountains Highway. Mt Selwyn has 12 ski lifts, Tobogan runs and beginners slopes including a ski school. Some of the best cross country ski tours in Australia are a feature of this area. Check the latest snow report for Mt Selwyn on the net at selwynsnow or from Talbingo Supermarket by 8am every morning during the ski season. Snow Gear for hire from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo and Selwyn Snow & Water at either Mt. Selwyn or Tumut.
WATERSPORTS: Talbingo is surrounded by over 6500 hectres of waterways including, Talbingo Dam, Blowering Dam and Jounama Lake. On Talbingo and Blowering: fishing, water skiing, sailing and swimming during the warmer weather. 5 HP, 4.3 metre motor boats and trailers for hire locally from the tourist park - no licence required. Water sport gear can be hired from goPLAYoutside in Talbingo or Selwyn Snow & Water in Tumut.
SWIMMING: An area near Talbingo Dam has been allocated for swimmers. The views are amazing and the water is nice and clear. This area is just 5-10 minutes from Millers Retreat by car. There are other swimming holes in the local creeks including Jounama Creek.
GOLF & TENNIS: 9 hole golf course and two tennis courts for hire available at the Talbingo Country Club - just down the road. Golf & tennis gear can be hired in Talbingo.
BUSHWALKING: Being surrounded by National and State parks there is an abundance of walks available for the avid naturalist.
We have a 4000lt rain water tank that supplies water to the toilets, washing machine and outside back tap. We also use the tank water to refill the spa and the pond. If the tank runs dry the system automatically switches over to the mains water.
Millers Retreat is powered by a 1.5kw solar power system that is connected to the grid and will hopefully supply most of our power needs.
Mount Selwyn snow fields