About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Elenora is a family friendly unit located centrally on Fraser Island.
Whether you catch the barge from Inskip Point or Hervey Bay, that's when your 4WD adventure to Fraser Island begins. From Inskip Point, you will travel for 55kms along golden beaches or from Hervey Bay you will travel through ever-changing vegetation till you reach Happy Valley.
Happy Valley is very laid-back but with all the mod cons you need. .
With Happy Valley being so central on the island, your days will be filled with endless activities. From swimming in the refreshing waters of Eli Creek, or picnicing at Central Station and Lake McKenzie. Then of course there are days of just throwing a line in along the beaches to catch the night's dinner. During the humpback whale migration, you can spend hours sitting on the beach just watching these majestic mammals frolicking & breaching. Truly a spectacular sight.
The GPS co-ordinates for Elenora are:
25 20 46 S
153 12 59 E
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE YOU BOOK:
1. You must provide your OWN LINEN ( sheets & towel). A top & bottom sheet + pillowcase must be supplied for each bed used. Should you decide NOT to bring linen, you can hire it from shop & pick it up when collecting keys. A linen price list will be sent when a confirmed booking is received.
ABSOLUTELY NO SWAGS OR SLEEPING BAGS ARE TO BE USED AS LINEN.
2. This unit is perfect for a family or group of 5 people only. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to that number. It is NOT a party unit and you are required to respect your neighbours and keep noise to a minimum after 10p.m.
3. The unit runs on a solar system with battery storage with a generator back-up. Only the electrical appliances that the unit supplies are to be used. TOTALLY BANNED are hairdryers, coffee machines, car fridges, frypans etc. Should these appliances be used, the system will definitely overload resulting in the units having no power. The on-site managers will have to be called out for which you could be charged a 'call-out' fee before power is restored.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT , PHONE & COMPUTER CHARGERS are exempt.
4. SELF CLEAN. The unit is provided in a comfortable & clean manner. As there are no cleaners, you are expected to leave the unit 'as you find it'. We provide all cleaning equipment & vacuum cleaner.
All rubbish is to be removed & disposed of at the tip on departure.
5. The person making the booking must be one of the residing guests. A registration form is to be filled out at the shop on arrival before keys are issued.
6. We have on-site managers who live close by who are easily contactable & readily available should you need their assistance.
Their contact phone number is on the fridge.
7. There is an AMBULANCE based at Happy Valley 24/7
We also have another unit which SLEEPS 4 ONLY. Should your party be 4 or less, scroll down the list of accomodation until you find ELENORA UNIT 2 .
- 1- 2 bedroom unit. The unit sleeps 5.
- large timber deck with char grill BBQ
- fully equipped kitchen with toaster.
- 520ltr fridge/freezer, gas stove/oven.
- lounge/dining area.
- free to air TV
- flyscreens/ security screens to all windows and doors
- fans in bedrooms and lounge.
- fully automatic washing machine.
- extra freezer in outside room for bait.
MOBILE PHONE - Telstra Next G works.
- all cleaning equipment (mop, broom & vacuum cleaner)
- all cleaning products
- 1 roll toilet paper
- chux & scourer
- washing up detergent
- 2 tea towels
- garbage bin bags ( inside & outside bins)
Shirley & David Lowe
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Why Shirley & David Lowe chose Fraser Island
'Elenora' is located in Happy Valley which is a central location on the island. It's an ideal base from which you can explore the many wonders on Fraser Island. The eastern beach has many gutters for fishing or venture over to the 'other side' to beautiful Woorlie Creek & the beaches. If fishing is not your thing, there is Eli Creek, Maheno shipwreck, Rainbow Gorge, Indian Head, Champagne Pools, Lake Mackenzie & Central Station just to name a few. You could spend days just following tracks through the island & discovering amazing things that is truly unique to Fraser Island. Elenora is a very comfortable 2 bedroom unit which is perfect for families. The unit accommodates 5 people . We supply all you need to make your holiday stress free. Washing detergent, tea towels, 1 roll toilet paper, chux & garbage bin liners, all cleaning supplies are supplied for you. An outside deck for relaxing on while the BBQ is heating up ready to cook the nights meal. Happy Valley is fully fenced to give you peace of mind that the dingoes stay outside. The valley is protected by coastal dunes & shore winds. Elenora is the last residence on the Happy Valley Road so on one side you have natural bush which always has at least a few of the 200 species of bird life on the island. Our on-site managers live very close so in the event you need their assistance, their phone number is on the fridge. A 24/7 ambulance station is located at Happy Valley. There is also a shop/restaurant 100 mtrs away that has supplies/diesel.
What makes this Apartment unique
We have spent 17 years modifying & renovating Elenora units so your holiday can be memorable. We have supplied the units with what we would expect should we being booking it. We hope you enjoy our 'little piece of paradise'.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 1:00 PM
Check-out: 9:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great place to stay on Fraser Island
Fantastic place to stay, central location. Unit has everything you need, very comfortable, close to local shop and bistro. Would definitely love to stay here again
Elenora Unit 1
we had a great time at Fraser and Elenora was a great place to stay, clean, central, affordable and everything we needed for a comfortable stay. we will definitely be back and have already suggested this place to friends for family holidays.
Centrally located in Happy Valley right in the heart of the Eastern Beach on Fraser, this unit is a very shirt walk to the general store/bar/restaurant and a short stroll to the beach.
Well appointed and equipped, we had an awesome week there with friends.
Loved it so much we have booked both units for next summer.
Ideal spot in the middle of it all
Had a delightful stay at Elenora. Great, central location, almost next door to the only eatery in HV. "Cottagey" atmosphere with everything you need - even had a toaster and coffee press which seem rare on Fraser. Nice little deck and BBQ, great to sit out and relax. Note: you need to bring your own toilet rolls - (not mentioned in the description)!
Elanora at Fraser
My family of 4 loved staying at the gorgeous little unit at Happy Valley. The unit was so central in the valley, we loved an outdoor deck and bar-b-q, this unit has everything you need for a great stay. Thank you Shirley so glad we found it
Staying at Elanora on Fraser was perfect for our family of 5. After 4WDing around the island all day, it was great to come home to a warm shower and all the things you need to relax, including a very short walk to the pub for a great meal.
There is an AMBULANCE based fulltime at Happy Valley.