Monte do Telheiro is perched on a hill with views over olive groves, cork forests and the village of Santiago do Escoural. Shady verandas are ideal for long lunches and for watching the sunset after a peaceful day relaxing by the pool. The property is registered in Portugal as an Alojamento Local with Reg No. 29574/AL.
The large bright house is elegantly furnished and equipped with all the necessities of modern living and all the extras that make a home from home. This spacious house is ideal for families or friends looking for relaxation in the peace of the countryside.
The quaint village of Escoural, just 5 minutes walk away, has bakeries, shops, cafes, some excellent restaurants and a weekly fresh produce market. Situated in the Alentejo wine region there are numerous local wineries offering tastings and tours.
Inside the House
• The first bedroom has an ensuite bathroom with large bath and shower and opens onto an outside shower.
•The second bedroom has a double bed and the third has a linked bed which can be set up either as two singles or a properly joined double.
• An additional single bed is available on request so that the house can be configured as three doubles (plus one single if requested) or two doubles and two singles (plus one additional single bed if requested).
• Each bedroom has air-conditioning to ensure a comfortable nights sleep.
• The second and third bedrooms share a bathroom with combined bath and shower.
•The kitchen is large and well equipped with electric oven, gas hob and granite work surfaces. The kitchen table seats 6 comfortably and is ideal for casual meals or sociable cooking.
• The kitchen opens up onto the pergola covered veranda with charming views of the village of Escoural.
• The utility room is equipped with washing machine and tumble dryer (although the washing line at the back of the house is a much speedier option in summer).
• The high ceilinged lounge is spacious with doors onto the verandas that can be opened up on both sides allowing the cool breeze to keep the room comfortable on even the warmest afternoons.
• The lounge is equipped with TV, DVD player, cable TV decoder (70 Channels), sound system with Ipod docking station. The book cases are stocked with books and a small library of DVDs is available.
• The dining room table seats 10 comfortably and the dining room table top can be removed to reveal a half size snooker table (cues and balls provided).
Outside Areas, Garden and Pool
• Under the veranda a large wooden table and benches are the ideal place to lose an hour or two enjoying the local food and wine with the back drop of the rolling hills and olive groves.
• Sunloungers and a hammock are available for soaking up the sun or that well earned afternoon nap.
• The 10m by 5m pool is salt chlorinated which is much kinder to your skin for those refreshing dips and the diving board offers the opportunity for hours of fun for children and adults alike.
• A child safety fence for the pool is available on request. The fence is removable and is made from a transparent mesh of a climb resistant nature and has a self-closing gate. The fencing has been tested and approved in both America and France, conforming to their strict standards and legislation.
• The barbecue area sheltered under olive and oak trees with Weber kettle barbecue and separate charcoal grill is ideal for perfecting barbecue skills.
• The large garden and surrounding olive fields are full of wildlife and bird life.
• Welcome pack provided on arrival.
• English-speaking representative available to answer any questions.
• Removable child safety fence for the pool is available on request.
The Local Area
The Alentejo is Portugal’s secret. Commonly known as the “bread basket” of Portugal the landscape is a patchwork of breathtaking plains and gently rolling hills forested by cork oaks and olive trees. Dotting the lightly populated countryside are beautiful towns steeped in history going back to the Romans. The major tourist attraction of Evora (a UNESCO world heritage site) is just 28km away. The surrounding countryside is ideal for walking, hiking, horse riding and mountain biking.
The Alentejan coast boasts a magnificent beach that stretches 60km from Troia to Sines. On the stunning beaches of Comporta and Carvalhal (an easy 70km/44mile drive) you can doze next to the turquoise sea to the sound of Atlantic breakers or while away the hours eating fabulous seafood.