Unique holiday villa in Pallanza Verbania on the shores of Lake Maggiore, Italy.
If you are looking for a truly unique vacation experience, look no further. This villa offers all you need to really enjoy an original and unforgettable vacation on Lake Maggiore. Formerly part of the domain of Villa San Remigio, this chapel has been transformed into a private holiday villa sleeping up to 6-7 people.
The main floor church area features a bright open living room with piano, stove, kitchen corner, bathroom with shower, and an upstairs open TV lounge with sofa. Following the spiral stairs down you’ll enter the sleeping area: bedroom with double bed and en-suite bathroom with shower, bedroom with double bed, bathroom with Turkish steam bath and overhead shower, bedroom with single bed, and last but not least, a dreamlike suite (46sqm) with large lake view windows featuring a double bed and bathroom with shower. Wireless internet is available throughout the property.
Outside, in front of the villa, you’ll find a terrace and manicured lawn with spectacular views over Lake Maggiore. The villa is surrounded by a beautiful botanical garden (5000m²) with meadows, ancient trees and a collection of roses, rare hydrangeas, azaleas and camellias, plus a vegetable garden, water lily pond, lakeside gazebo, and stone table with barbecue. A Finnish sauna completes this amazing getaway. There are two accesses to the water for a refreshing swim: on one side of the property a pebble beach and on the other side a stone deck, carved out of the rocks, with fine sand and sun loungers providing a great sunbathing spot (a fridge is also hidden in a rock to keep the prosecco cool!). A buoy is available for mooring your boat.
The vacation villa is peacefully situated in Pallanza Verbania. A cycling/walking path passes by the house and runs along the lake until reaching the charming village centre of Pallanza less then 2 km away. One hundred metres from Villa Taranto, there is a ferry port taking you anywhere on the lake from the Borromeo Islands, Stresa, the monastery of Santa Caterina del Sasso, the Angera castle, or all the way to Switzerland.
Water, electricity, gas, heating, bed linen and bathroom towels, final cleaning, satellite TV, DVD, sound system, wireless internet, piano, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, Turkish bath, sauna, baby bed and high chair, garden, barbecue, lake access, buoy, parking
- Security deposit (refundable): 2000 euro
- Tourist tax: to check upon arrival if applicable
- Domestic animals allowed but not in the sleeping area (on prior request only)
Arrival and departure:
Reservations per week
- The owners of the villa have recently changed. The new owners grant it only if and when they don’t use it and, for the affection they feel for their nest, they would like to accommodate only a limited number of guests. To make the property even more comfortable, the new owners are gradually improving the villa bringing their own style.
- Please note that the property is on a cliff and that the safety barriers were designed and built over a century ago with a standard of security very different from stodays. All systems comply with the latest safety regulations for a private residence, but some architectural details, both indoor (stairs, railings) and outdoors (railings, stairs, access to the lake, pond, walking paths in the garden etc. .. ) can be dangerous, so we highly recommend that children and people with sight and mobility difficulties, or under the influence of alcohol and drugs, be always under the watchful supervision of an adult. Consider this problem carefully before booking.
- The size of the beach depends a lot on the changing altitude of the water, it is not regularly cleaned up so debris will wash ashore. Swimming in the lake is possible but at your own risk
- Boat rental at Nautica Bego (500 m)
- There is a ferry station at 100m (Villa Taranto) but with a limited schedule. At Pallanza (2 km) and Intra (2 km) are other ferry stations.
Private chef and other catering options, pre-stocking, extra cleaning and change of linen, personal trainer and massage, tour guide, boat rental and other extra services (upon prior request - to book directly with the service provider).