This 1200 sq ft, 3 Bed, 1 Bath duplex is part of a renovated historic 1900s duplex. Located in Weinland Park, 2 blocks from High St. and the Short North, it is a short walk to many popular bars and restaurants nearby. Uber rides are about $5-10 to downtown. See Parking details below.
The apartment can easily accommodate both small and large groups. Next door, we have three more listings called Comfy 3 Bed Duplex (VRBO#72586), Cozy 3 Bed Duplex (VRBO#733454), and Urban II (VRBO#1027567).
1.3 mi - Columbus Convention Center
2 mi - OSU stadium
2.3 mi - Schottenstein Center
2.5 mi - Crew Stadium/Expo Center/Fair grounds
3 mi radius - all areas of interest in Downtown
7.9 mi- Columbus Airport (CMH)
20 mi- Columbus Zoo
The apartment can easily accommodate both small and large groups. If you have an especially large group, we have 3 other listings nearby on VRBO called Comfy, Cozy, and Urban I (see listings under our profile).
The first floor level has a nice size kitchen fully equipped for cooking meals. The kitchen is separated from the open living room and dining area. There is WIFI throughout and cable TV in the living room. The couches are EXTREMELY COMFY.
The second floor has three (3) bedrooms and a small one shower-only bathroom. Each bedroom has a comfortable queen bed and plenty of closet and drawer space. Two of the bedrooms are a decent size and can fit a pack-n-play. The third bedroom is on the smaller side. Plenty of towels, washcloths, a hair dryer, and shampoo/conditioner/body wash are provided.
Apartment has central A/C and a fenced backyard with two private decks for each side. For more information on the neighborhood, see the bottom of the listing under The Neighborhood section.
In Summary, sleeps up to 9 guests:
• Total: 3 queen beds, 1 full-size futon, 1 queen air bed
- 1 full-size futon, 1 queen air bed; linens provided (1st floor)
- 3 bedrooms, each with queen bed (2nd floor)
• Open floor plan with dining and living area
• Newly renovated bathroom with shower (no bath tub)
• WIFI and cable provided
• Central A/C
• Large refrigerator/freezer, blender, toaster, microwave, & electric stove/oven, & cooking/eating utensils
• Laundry is available in basement (unfinished space)
• Fenced-in backyard with small personal deck. Yard is shared with other side of duplex.
• 2 off-street parking spots and street parking available on Summit St. (See Getting Around section below for parking details).
Please note there is exterior video surveillance- registered, paying overnight guests only.
ADDITIONAL GUEST FEES
Please note we have additional guest fees. The purpose for this is so we can offer the apartment at cost effective prices to both small and large groups (for example, an apartment may be able to sleep 10+ guests but we lower the rate so 2-4 guests can rent it as well). The additional guest fee rate is per person per night and the amount fluctuates during our high and low seasons. Please see the quote breakdown when entering the number of guests and dates for your trip. Please let us know if you have any questions!
We allow pet dogs for a $35 additional fee per dog and must notify the host PRIOR to your stay.
Breeds NOT allowed:
Akita, Chow, American Staffordshire Terrier, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Doberman Pinscher, Wolf Hybrids, Presa Canarios, or a mix of any of these breeds, and/or any dog with a bite history are not permitted at this residence.
Sorry, no cats or other animals allowed.
You will have access to the entire apartment, shared fence-in backyard, and rear parking area (see Getting Around section below for parking details)
Hours of Access:
Check-in is 3 p.m.
Checkout is 11 a.m.
***Early check-in and/or late check-out is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to check-in.
We are available to guests by email, phone, or text. We know our neighborhood very well (!) and care about our community- let us know when you need something or have questions!
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
• Housekeeping service is per stay, not per night. Additional cleaning visits can be arranged for longer stays if needed. Visits must be paid in advance and are non-refundable if visits are cancelled. Please inquire when booking.
• Pack n Play, high chair, and/or Queen air bed available upon request- please let us know your needs prior so we can prepare all the necessary items.
• Please be courteous to neighbors- Noise must be keep to a minimum after 10 p.m. This is one of two units with a shared wall.
• There is no handicap access. There are two steps to enter the front of the house.
• Guests with allergies and related medical issues and/or sensitivities- cleanliness is one of our top priorities, however we cannot 100% guarantee that the apartment is free of pet dander, cigarette smoke, air fresheners/cleaning product scents, or any other elements that may trigger a medical problem or sensitivity. Please note we cannot issue refunds due to the reasons above.
• Street Sweeping on Summit St. is done the second Thursday and Friday morning of every month. Signs are posted on the street with the day of the month. Do not park on the street those mornings or you will be towed!
The Short North Arts District is one of the Midwest’s best kept secrets. There is a huge variety of unique shops, bars and restaurants, and art galleries along High Street and a number of annual events that take place year-round. We have a thorough list of recommendations in the house to local bakeries, cafes, and restaurants.
The Short North is made up of several historic neighborhoods; this home is located in Weinland Park, a cool, urban area on the East side of High St above 5th Ave.
Is the neighborhood safe?
We live nearby and feel the neighborhood is relatively safe. Please note this is the city- we do have petty crime in the Short North and University area, and always advise not leaving valuables in your car (we have not had any issues at our apartments, I state this because we are in the city) and walk with a buddy at night on well-lit, busy roads such as High Street, Summit, and 5th Ave.
Within walking distance:
• Restaurants- The Table, Condados, Fox in the Snow, Basil
• Bars & breweries- Seventh & Son, North High Brewing, Brother Drakes
• Grocery stores- Kroger & Giant Eagle Market Fresh (Third Ave, Grandview)
• Fitness gyms- Cross Fit, Short North Fitness, Thank Yoga
Just miles from the following:
• Columbus Convention Center- 1.3 mi
• Goodale Park- 1.4 mi
• Ohio State University Stadium- 2 mi
• Schottenstein Center- 2.3 mi
• Ohio Expo Center/ Fairgrounds/Maphre Crew Stadium- 1.5 mi
• Downtown- all areas of interest are within 3 mile radius!
• Easton Town Center- 10.8 mi
• Columbus Zoo- 20 mi
We are super close to High Street (two blocks East). You can easily walk to dozens of restaurants and shopping. All other locations can be easily reached a number of ways:
Taxis --- Uber -- COTA (Central Ohio Transit Authority) bus --- CoGo (Rental Bikes) --- Car 2 Go (Car Rentals) --- CBUS circulator
About the CBUS circulator- It's FREE transportation from the Short North through downtown, all the way to German Village. Bus stops are at many points along High Street. The closest stop is just a few blocks South from the apartment on 3rd Ave.
OFF-STREET- This apartment has 2 off-street parking spots accessible by alley off of Summit St. or 5th Ave. Directions will be given upon reservation.
ON-STREET- There is also permit-free street parking available on both sides of Summit St. in front of the house. It’s usually easy to find a spot. It can get a little busy during the evenings but you can still find parking close by. Our guests have had no issues with parking.
PARKING WARNINGS- Please never leave valuables in your vehicle at any time. We are not liable for the loss/theft/damage of personal belongings and/or vehicles.
• Check-in is 3 p.m. Early check-in is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to check-in.
• Checkout is 11 a.m. Late check-out is $35 and must be approved by host *prior* to check-in.
• No parties, strictly enforced. You will be asked to leave, no refunds.
• All guests must be paying registered guests. No additional guests allowed without prior written consent of the homeowner.
• Any evidence or smell of cigarette, marijuana, etc. will be AUTOMATIC loss of deposit. No burning of anything in the apartment to include candles, incense, etc.
• No confetti or glitter inside. Cleaning glitter makes people go crazy. Cleanup is additional $25 fee.
• Damaged/stained towels- $10 replacement fee per towel. Please note that foundation makeup does not come off the white towels.
• Any parking fines/towing is at the expense of the vehicle owner
• Lock all apartment doors and windows upon leaving.
• If you move large furniture, please move it back where you found it upon departure.
• Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises of this property or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they may invite, with Homeowners consent, to use the premise.
• Any evidence of damage caused by Guests will result in additional charges to Guest, depending on the extent of damage. The Homeowner reserves the right to assess damage and charge Guest as needed.
100% of the security deposit will be refunded if no damages occur during your stay. The security deposit will be refunded within five to seven business days. The homeowner can also manually refund it sooner upon request.