Beautiful 2 bedroom 2 bath cabin nestled off Hatcher Mountain Rd. This is a hand crafted log cabin made of southern yellow pine. King bedroom on main level with tv and king size log bed. Master bath, with tub shower combination, located adjacent to the bedroom and laundry room. Our second bedroom upstairs with queen bed and private bath with tub shower combination. We have provided a new sleep sofa in the game room for extra sleeping. Enjoy a relaxing dip in your private Hot Tub or engage in a game of billiards in your game room. We just recently updated the family room furniture and sleep sofa in the game room. Enjoy the electric fireplace while watching your favorite cable channels on our big screen tv. We have updated the kitchen to all new stainless steel appliances for your use. You can relax in the rocking chairs or the swing on the front porch while watching nature nearby, almost guaranteed to see wild turkeys. Beautiful forest view and secluded with peace and quiet. Grill burgers or steaks on your charcoal grill and enjoy your evening at home. Or spend the evening seeing the sights and come back to enjoy some quiet time while watching tv or reading your favorite book. Come spend a few days at A Little Bit of Heaven, just a short drive to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park or Cades Cove. Book for a few nights or a couple of weeks for complete seclusion and quiet to relax and rejuvenate your body and spirit.
2 bedroom 2 bath sleeps 6 Hot tub Pool table Secluded
- Calendar last updated:
- Feb 17, 2019
We are a laid back family that loves the mountains and like to spend every minute we can enjoying the seclusion. We have lived in the Great Smoky Mountains most all our life and raised our family here.
Trisha purchased this Cabin in 2010
Why Trisha chose Sevierville
We like the quiet seclusion of the Wears Valley side of the National Park. We looked for somewhere that is away from the noise and hustle of the city but close enough to be only a short drive to all that the area has to offer. We found all of this off Hatcher Mountain Road.
What makes this Cabin unique
Tucked away on Hatcher Mountain in the quiet sleepy side of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Our cabin is only minutes to the park or Cades Cove, Wears Valley and Townsend.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Great area and the cabin was cozy, just not as secluded, updated or clean as it could be.
We had fun and enjoyed our stay but spent most time away from the cabin, enjoying the mountains. Some notes:
* Semi-secluded. 5-10 minutes' drive up a small road into the wooded hills. Not advertised is the RV trailer parked just outside the master bdroom window across the gravel road. Sitting on the porch swing or in the cabin's outdoor hot tub, your view to one side and slightly downhill is an RV trailer. At the end of the driveway is another cabin (rental?) right across the road. PRO - it was quiet during the day. CON - not terribly secluded. Aside from the rentals (?) within 100' or so, we could hear parties going on across the hollow at night (presumably other rentals) so we had to close the windows.
* Loft had a pool table but not enough room for many shots - pool sticks hit the walls and railing so it was more of a novelty than anything. In fact, pool table had to be moved to use the pull-out couch.
* Kitchen appliances were old and cheap but clean and functional. Master bdrm TV was old, box-style, 13" tv/dvd combo. There was no wi-fi or paid cable channels, and the living room TV even had an old VCR (with a couple of tapes under it)!
* Wooden cabin was cozy but loft and stairs creaked alot and you could see light (and hear conversations) through the cracks between the boards separating 1st and 2nd floor. We had to plan our bed times accordingly.
* Generally clean enough but not completely. Examples - dead bugs on the interior window sills, tops of kitchen cabinet doors were a little sticky, there were dead bug silhouettes in the ceiling light covers in kitchen, and lots of cobwebs on the porch. Just not a thorough clean. In fact there were small round burn (cigarette?) holes in the blanket on the couch, some of the bath towels were pretty worn thin, and one of our group stepped on (and luckily was not stung by) a scorpion one night.
* To access the hot tub you have to go out on the porch around to the "backside?" of the cabin, walk down a few steps and the tub is sorta in the yard.
* Management company (Maple) seemed nice when we checked in and followed up to ask if we needed anything but I still don't know why we needed to "check in" at the company's office when the door has a keypad for access. Check out instructions were to to text them when we left. Other properties just let you text them when you arrive as well. Would've been more convenient.
Cabin was certainly adequate, just not a 4 or 5-star stay if that's what you seek.
Perfect Mountain Getaway!
This cabin is located in a secluded area yet within a few miles of several stores, etc. The beds were super comfy, there were lots of towels and soaps in the bathrooms & the kitchen was fully equipped! We grilled out every night while enjoying the outdoor hot tub! Relaxation at its best. We will definitely be back!!
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our cabin. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you for taking your time to write a review.
Jack & Lori
Great property and great location
Amazing cabin that was outside of all the busy atmosphere but in between everything. Easy drive to pigeon forge or to the smoky mountains. Only reason I didn't mark a 5 star was due to no wifi as soon as they add that we will certainly look to come back to this cabin.
Thank you so much for taking your time to write a review of your stay in our cabin. We love that our cabin is in a quiet secluded area but still a short drive to all the area has to offer. We like that we are able to unwind and disconnect from the world while there. We do have plans to add internet at the cabin later this year. We are all so connected now that most feel lost without internet. We look forward to your family staying with us again soon.
Jack & Lori
A Little Bit of Heaven cabin was a pleasant surprise! This was our first trip to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area with our 3 children. We were not sure of where the exact location of the cabin was going to be or how the area would be affected from the fire, but when we arrived we were so thrilled! The cabin is secluded in the mountains, but only a short drive (10-15 minutes) to Pigeon Forge. The area was not affected by the fire at all. We loved the hot tub and pool table! The couches were new and very comfortable! Also, the staff at Maples Ridge was very friendly and helpful with any of our needs. We would definitely stay here again if we ever come back! Thank you for helping to make our family vacation wonderful!
We were very happy to have your family stay with us at A Little Bit of Heaven. It is exciting to hear that your family enjoyed their first trip to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park and that we were able to provide you with a relaxing cabin to enjoy during that stay. We work very hard to assure that all our guests have a wonderful vacation during their stay with us. We are happy to say that your family is now a part of our Maples Ridge Family and we look forward to your return visit
Jack & Lori
The location was remote yet convenient to the amenities of town.
It was an enjoyable experience and I like the cabin so well that I would love to stay there again. The office staff was very friendly and accommodating through the whole adventure. The only unfortunate circumstance was the power outage caused by the brief storm we experienced on Saturday night, May 27th. Other than that; it was a great stay and wonderful adventure I was afforded to spend with my family. I do treasure the time spent. Thank you very much.
We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with your family in our cabin. We love to see our guests happy with their cabin choice and take home memories that last them a life time. We understand that our guests work very hard and spend long hours planning the perfect vacation for their family and it makes us very happy to be a part of that experience. We strive very hard to assure all our guests have the very best experience possible and leave with many happy memories. We look forward to your return visit
Jack & Lori
Pigeon Forge is one of the primary gateways to the national park. It is the largest city near the park. Pigeon Forge is a major vacation destination in the Tennessee Smoky Mountains, between Sevierville and Gatlinburg Tennessee, alongside the Little Pigeon River. Pigeon Forge's name derived from a forge once existing near the Old Mill (still standing today) and the Little Pigeon River that flows through most the city. Hundreds of attractions in and near Pigeon Forge entertain visitors of all ages. While many attractions fulfill thrill seekers, there are several activities just perfect for younger children. Restaurants, outlet stores, unique gift shops and more abound along the Pigeon Forge
Damage Waiver: $49.00 Donate to Great Smoky Mountains: $1.00 per night Processing Fee: $15.00