|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Crystal Cove is located on the Main Fork of the Kaweah River in the heart of Three Rivers, Ca at the entrance to Sequoia National Park, just three hours from Los Angeles. Our riverfront studio is perched on the river's edge, offering spectacular views from the studio and lounging deck overlooking the river.
Can you imagine falling to sleep to the sounds of the river? It is almost mesmerizing. A walking bridge across an inland waterway leads to a private island with waterfalls on both sides. The view takes your breath away.
The unit faces the river and the private island. The river actually splits in front of our property and there is a tree covered island in the middle of the river that blocks the view of any other houses across the river.
It is a perfect spot for a romantic weekend getaway. The water is warm from the end of June through October for swimming. The island is a perfect place to read, lounge and dine in a special place and be lulled by the sounds of the river. Many visitors come here to see the Park and never leave Crystal Cove.
Call us for our personal website which has a video and some reviews before you book anywhere else. We feel we have the classiest most beautiful location in Three Rivers.
The property has a propane BBQ, a fire pit with a good supply of firewood (in season), DVD player; wireless internet, sorry, no TV (just the sound of the waterfalls). Free Wi-Fi.
This is one of the most upscale lodging opportunities for anyone visiting Sequoia National Park. This is a romantic retreat, suitable for two adults only (sorry no pets or children due to the proximity of the river).
Keywords: Three Rivers CA , Sequoia National Park lodging, riverfront
I am a retired dentist from Seal Beach CA. Went to school at UC Berkley and then USC. Hobbies photography. Rosa, a female boxer is our greeter. My wife Diana is from a small farm town in Wisconsin (many years ago) and now is one of the most prominent realtors in Three Rivers
Diana purchased this studio in 2003
We have traveled all over the world and have yet to find a place as beautiful as this.....
The sounds of the two waterfalls surrounding our riverfront island are the most soothing in the world.
Dianna and Geoff were very accommodating and the dog so sweet! Enjoyed the private island and view from the studio
Wow! The description was perfect. We were so happy with everything about our stay. The place was immaculate, clean and so comfortable. Jeff and Diana were so accommodating and eager to please but we hardly knew that they were there.
The grounds are so magical and delightful with water cascading down every side of us. We slept with the windows open so that we could be lulled to sleep by the sounds of the river. Just so perfect.
The bed... Best sleep ever. We had a hard time leaving the bed. The only thing that got us out of it was the plan of having coffee down on the island.
Highly recommend this romantic paradise to anyone looking for a private oasis in the woods.
Crystal Cove delivers! This place is pretty much exactly as stated and was a beautiful, lush, well-appointed place where we stayed for five nights. It's beautiful inside and out, clean and pretty much has any amenity you could want. I can only hope to have a home like this sometime in the future.
I do not have *real* complaints at all (hence the five stars) but I'd like to outline a few things you might want to consider, or at least know about ahead of time. These may or may not be issues for everyone -- so again, grain of salt time:
1) In case you aren't totally clear when you book, this is the bottom part of a home in which the landlords are resident. They are not noisy; however, you will hear them walking above you and occasionally speaking. They are not up late, but if noise is a factor just consider this.
2) There is a refrigerator but it is much smaller than a typical one in a home. If you buy groceries be prepared that not all may fit.
3) Internet is terrific. It carries well outside and all the way down to the "island."
4) There's a wonderful cross-breeze you can get inside if you open the door next to the bed and the front door. We hardly needed the A/C at all.
5) There's a terrific selection of DVDs available. Some books.
6) No hairdryer. (Or at least I didn't find one.)
7) Toilet paper is of low-grade; if you're sensitive, bring your own. No tissues.
1) While we had minimal issue with bugs, there were some mosquitoes. Down by the end of the island a large bush contains "meat bees" (aka yellowjackets). We were not stung, but they are curious buggers and are there pretty much all the time.
2) The water level is lovely for wading and sitting in with a book -- just rest against the rocks! But don't expect to go dunking or swimming; either it's always like this or the drought has lowered the river. Bring river shoes if you want to do a little exploring. The flumes on either side of the island are just above trickles. (Again, this may be due to the ongoing drought, and is subject to change.)
3) Grill works on propane and works fine.
4) Area is almost 100% quiet (other than the river water) but on weekends you may hear parties/people on the other side making noise. Again, not an issue if you're not noise-sensitive.
1) We were told it gets very busy on the weekends up in the Sequoia/mountains areas, so weekdays are best. True!
2) If you want actual swimming in the river, try Slick Rock.
Thank you for this!
We loved our stay here. The two oversized, comfy chairs overlooking the river are where we spent most of our time -- you can't see any other houses, and it feels like you're out there by yourself. All you hear is the sound of the rushing river. Very peaceful! There's even stairs and a railing leading into the water. The studio feels very private, and the windows offer a gorgeous view of trees and mountains in the background. We loved using the BBQ, and felt like the kitchen had everything we needed! Thanks to the Glasses for a great stay!
Just returned from 3 nights at this absolutely beautiful location. Diana and Geoff have gone the extra mile to make sure the cottage has everything needed and the location ( right on the river) was stunning. They live directly above the studio, which would have been convenient had we needed anything, but we never needed anything and never saw or heard them. It felt totally private and all ours! Only about 5 miles from the entrance to Sequoia Nat Park, so we explored the park during the day and came back to paradise to unwind. Mornings and evenings were spent out in the Adirondack chairs, just feet from the fast flowing river on our private island, watching nature and enjoying a glass of wine. Coffee in the morning and wine at night! :) We fell asleep, with our screened windows open, listening to only the sound of the river. No bugs was a big plus and the neighborhood was lovely too. They left a binder with suggestions of places to eat in town, as well as short hikes and day trips (all with photos). Most appreciated and very accurate! I would most sincerely recommend this cottage (as it is advertised ) as a romantic get-a-way destination! Just perfect! Book it! You won't regret it!
I took my girlfriend here for a two night getaway for her birthday and we had an amazing time. Diana was super friendly and welcoming. It was very private the entire time we enjoyed our stay. The property is ridiculously awesome and beautiful. We enjoyed sitting by the fire-pit at night, staring up at the stars and full moon from the hot-tub...and if you fancy, there's even an outdoor pool table! The park is super close, so we even enjoyed a full day in the Sequoias, with time for a relaxing dinner overlooking the river. I highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a unique and relaxing getaway!! Thank you to Diana and her husband!
Located at entry to Sequoia National Park. This property is unique because it has a private island to sunbathe on, swim off of, eat, and have campfire in season. The water in the river is crystal clear and makes for great swimming in the warmer months.
River Rafting, Barbecuing, Lake Fishing, nature photography, great location for drawing or painting.
there is no other spot in Three Rivers that features a private island surrounded by waterfalls.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment in full due at booking. We have just one space, so cannot afford a last minute cancellation. If you cancel far enough ahead and we can re book it by our normal means, we will be happy to refund in full. Please call 559-280-5853 or email Diana firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how payment to be made.
The County of Tulare requires us to collect a 10% Transient Occupancy Tax for them, which will be added to your rental rate.