5 Bdrms/4 Bath Superior High End Home with Private Pool and Elevator/Sleeps 15
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Great Space & setting
The layout of the home is great, especially if visiting with multiple families and children. We really enjoyed having a private pool, a pond for nature watching, along with the views and easy access to the beach. We were curious if the parking lot and public access would be a problem, but it wasn't' at all. It wasn't busy when visited in early May. Great, beautiful, comfortable home!
I would NOT recommend this house!
I feel badly about writing a bad review, but I feel I must be honest for those who could potentially rent this house. I just want to help you with your expectations. We rent a place at the beach almost every summer and we wanted to go super nice this time, but it wasn't worth it.
1. We were told there was no problem having an early check in, however it was a frustrating process once we had already arrived.
2. Elevator broken at arrival. (Elevator man was nice)
3. The kitchen is not well equipped. No pot holders, only one frying pan that was peeling of teflon. Not a single spice, no salt, no pepper (spices aren't a deal breaker, they are just thoughtful). If you need it, bring it or buy it. There was also a note on the fridge asking guests to please not leave any crumbs anywhere in the kitchen and to make sure you get every dish back in its proper place. The note did not make me feel very welcomed.
4. The towels the rental company provided may have been washed but they were disgustingly stained.
5. The pool was dirty and there was one working chaise lounge. There was also one that was broken that I did put back together. The pool furniture in the picture is not what you will find for your stay.
6. My mom had a huge spider in her bed.
7. One of the tv's in the bedrooms did not work.
8. TV in the main living room was VERY complicated.
9. Dishwasher was tricky to figure out because a switch on the wall is what turns it on. There is a label but it is faded and difficult to read.
10. One shower had mildew in it.
11. Lastly, but certainly not of least importance, the downstairs master bathroom was locked. The listing says 4.5 baths and shows a picture of a master bathroom in the downstairs master bedroom, but we could not use that bathroom.
12. I called Better Beach Rental when I returned to express my disappointment. I clearly communicated my disappoint to Kay. They have failed to return my call.
13. One last beef I have is I rented through VRBO, I had to pay Homeaway, I had to deal with Better beach rental for door codes and signing agreement. It was thoroughly confusing!
I am truly upset and disappointed!
Beautiful house, our group of eleven old time friends really enjoyed our stay.
The house was beautiful, and had about anything anyone could want. The kitchen was outstanding. The bedrooms were large, especially the master bedroom and bathroom. We enjoyed that all eleven of us could sit and talk comfortably in the living room at the same time. There was also a smaller living room on the second floor. Great time .
Beautiful Vacation Home
This house is stunning! The location, furnishings and amenities are tremendous. It couldn't be laid out better for either adult couples or a family vacationing together. The rooms are well decorated, spacious and welcoming. The views from all areas of the house are amazing. Our group of six adults celebrated Thanksgiving week in luxury.
The master bedroom is on the top level adjacent to the family room. There are four bedrooms on the entry level along with a 2nd family room. The laundry facilities are also located on this floor. There is ample parking underneath the house. The pool is a good size and there is a charcoal grill in the pool area.
That said, upon arrival, we found the home to be inadequately cleaned. Moldy bread was found in one cabinet and a moldy tomato in a drawer. The floors had not been vacuumed. Many, many lights were either burned out or missing bulbs. We cleaned up, but contacted Better Beach Rentals about the lack of cleanliness and lack of bulbs. Better Beach Rentals immediately offered to have the cleaning team return at no charge, but we declined as we had already taken care of the messes. The kitchen is well appointed, but lacking in glassware. We ended up purchasing some wine glasses for our stay. As it was an end of season rental, the house could have suffered breakage from prior high season tenants. The linen rental allots one set of towels per person, so be ready to do some laundry or bring some towels of your own. Be aware that the washer and dryer are small for the size of the house. There is a rather off-putting note from the owners on the refrigerator, so don't be surprised. We kept reading it to make sure we didn't misunderstand it. The house would benefit from a welcome binder supplying information on the various electronics, appliances, wifi access, etc. all in one location. We had to search for information. Better Beach Rentals was always available to help with any questions.
Overall, this is the best house we have ever rented. It could have been perfect, except for a few details.