Great Location! 3 Br/2ba, Very Close To Beach & Night Heron Pool w/resort privi
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:30 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Great location with walking distance to the beach
Updated condo great for a weekend getaway.
Thanks Andrea, we are glad you had a great stay! Just as clarification for future guests, the Night Heron Cottages are stand alone single family units with their own driveway and not connected to each other in any way, thus not the definition of condos (Parkside and TurtlePoint Villas are condos).
2019 Christmas vacation
First of all, it is a beautiful neighborhood and resort overall. Markets and gas stations located really close and convenient. The cottage has been renovated but it is rather small. Windows were dusty like they had not been cleaned in a while. Toilet in the master room had a stain i was never able to get rid of. Appliances and kitchen gadgets , pots and pans were old and certainly need a change. I like the resort, however, the property needs major touch up.
We have reached out to guest for first hand feedback as this review is such an outlier from our belief and from other reviews. All Night Heron cottages are the same size. Some (like ours) have removed interior walls to provide alot more space in the kitchen, FR, and DR. We believe it has very good space to congregate in K, FR, or DR. Others have made the back deck an enclosed "sitting room". We like to keep the back deck as a screened in sitting area with comfortable furniture. We believe the "dusty window" mentioned is a broken vacuum seal on the 2 pane glass that is now fogging. This is being checked and will be fixed, as well as a new toilet seat. Our appliances are all less than 3 yrs old and we regularly replace pots, pans, utensils, etc. We stock with Henkel cutlery, blenders, Keurigs, and everything else we can think of, all high quality. We take great pride in the quality of our cottage and the amenities we provide (because we stay there!) and will certainly address anything needed.
It's the Little Things
The property is beautifully decorated and very comfortable and that deserves a 5-star rating. However, the little things added up and impacted our overall impression of this rental property.
1. The internet username and passwords provided did not work. We were also unable to use the TV in the living room. We called the help desk and were told to reset the modem in the master bedroom but there wasn't a modem there. We searched and found it in the living room but resetting it didn't help at all. We could have waited for someone to come to the condo to fix it but that wasn't a convenient option for us since we were there for the marathon and other outdoor activities.
2. There were NO LINENS for the kitchen. The fresh sponge and roll of paper towels were nice but a hand towel and a dish towel would have been appreciated. We also found leftover food in the refrigerator and we had to unload the dishwasher.
3. While searching for the modem, we found dust bunnies in corners and a pacifier under the master bed.
4. We rented for 6 people but one couple couldn't join us. Good thing since we only received 4 towels.
5. A "Welcome" instruction book for everything in the condo would have been helpful. We couldn't figure out how to light the fireplace.
We LOVED the location and its proximity to the beach. We had trouble figuring out where the public access was but with a map in hand and help from kind policeman, we found it. Directions would be helpful to have in a "Welcome" book.
We also loved the outdoor living area. We didn't utilize it due to the cold temperatures, but it looked very inviting.
We do recommend this rental but be aware that it lacks some of the things we have been accustomed to receiving from other VRBO properties. The owner was responsive to our needs so I suspect the key problems lie with the management company.
Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it. The internet issue was resolved and I do understand having maintenance come during your short stay for the marathon is an inconvenience. We did re-stock the cottages with hand towels and dishcloths. Over time, they seem to have dissappeared and we were unaware, your feedback is helpful. The other cleaning concerns mentioned were addressed by a meeting we had with the Kiawah Resort (our property manager) in response.
Kiawah Bike Trip
Fantastic property. we couldn't be more pleased. Everything was perfect and the bed was super comfortable. It is our favorite place to visit for biking on the beach. Saw dolphins feeding on our side of the Kiawah river at low tide - amazing experience. Clear skies, beautiful sunsets, and full moon. What more can you ask?
Beautiful updated home with everything we could have asked for!!
Everything about this property was perfect and the host was most helpful and easy to communicate with. We will be back!
Kiawah Island is world class resort located close to Charleston, SC