About the property
- House4050 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 3 nights
Sleeps 16 Guest With 5 Bedroom, 4 1/2 Baths, Pool, Hot Tub, Gorgeous 360 View
Grand View Escape is a Luxury Hill Country Estate sitting on top of a high hill with 360 degree views looking over the Wimberley Valley and the beautiful Texas hill country. Drive through the private gate and onto the 33 acre estate and begin your withdrawal from your hectic life and slow down to enjoy the wildlife and glory that Grand View has to offer.
Check out our other listings below:
* Wimberley, Tx - "The Great Escape" 92827 - 6 BR, 5 Bath, Pool, Game Room, 3 acres on Blanco River, Pool, Hot Tub, etc.
* Wimberley, Tx - "Grand View Escape" VRBO 889758 - 5 BR, 4.5 Bath, Game Room, 33 acres, Pool, Hot Tub, Outdoor Kitchen, Awesome 360 degree views!
* Wimberley, Tx - Sunset Ridge Escape" VRBO 162562 - 5 BR, 4 Bath, Pool, Hot Tub, Game Room, Outdoor Kitchen, 12 acres.
* San Marcos, Tx - "Ridge View Escape" VRBO 889760 - 3 Story Victorian, built in 1905, 4 BR, 4 Bath, Hot Tub, Awesome Views, on Acreage, etc.
* Evergreen, CO - "Above The Clouds" VRBO 776276 - 8 BR, 9 bath, 8500 sq ft, 33 acres, best view in Colorado, hot tub, work-out room, Game room, Theater Room for 11, etc, etc, etc
Grand View Escape offers the ultimate location in Hill Country getaways that will allow you and your group the chance to sit on the back porch, enjoy a glass of wine or ice tea, feel the cool breezes as they come up from the canyon, watch the deer, and experience the panorama of colors offered by the sun as it sets on the horizon.
Completely updated in June 2016!
Here are the details:
- Game room with pool table, shuffleboard, foosball, and Skee Ball. Stereo system with USB and Bluetooth.
- Large deck overlooking the incredible valley view.
-Brand new pool
- Hot tub with fabulous views.
- Outdoor rock fire pit
- Lots of outdoor seating, tables, and large shade umbrellas.
The features and amenities are all luxurious and are what you would expect in only the finest ranches and estates. A few of the features are offered below:
• There are a total of 5 bedrooms, each decorated with hill country charm and rustic ranch elegance (All bedrooms have flatscreen TV's)
• Total of 4 full baths, and one half bath
• Full kitchen with double oven, sub Zero Fridge, microwave, gas cooktop, large icemaker, separate wine cooler. Also a 2nd full size Fridge and a separate full size freezer.
• Outdoor kitchen with gas BBQ grill, gas heating grill, refrigerator, smoker and wood fired pizza oven
• Granite and Onyx counter top surfaces
• Great room with 19’ ceilings, decorative tin ceilings, large grand windows open to view, along with a huge wood burning rock fireplace that soars 19’ to the top of the ceiling. Large great backdrop to the grand vistas of the view outside of every window, 65” LCD HDTV with DVR with 220 channels plus some premium channels.
• Real wood floors along with rock surfaces throughout the inside of the house provide an upscale ranch atmosphere
• Master Bedroom with open wood beam ceiling, HDTV and DVR, fireplace, and fantastic views of valley
• Master bath with underlit onyx double sink, travertine wall/floor, large copper soaking tub ( large enough for 2 ) tub, huge walk-in shower, and radiant heat in floor
• Dining room has a large farm table that allows your group to sit down and enjoy dinner together while enjoying the million dollar views just outside your front and back door
When you step through the back glass doors to an incredible view of the hill country, you also have the rest of these amenities to take advantage of:
• 1000 sq ft of covered front porch with lots of teak rocking chairs to take advantage of the incredible views with rocking chairs and comfortable furniture
• Large pool and hot tub
Sleeping and Bathroom Arrangements:
o Downstairs Master with private bath, King Bed, 43” TV, 400 sq ft “Closet” with 2 twin beds
o Upstairs Master with private bath, King Bed, 43” TV, and a twin bed
o Upstairs Bedroom #3 with King Bed, a twin bed, full bath that separate door that also opens to hallway, 43" HD TV
o Upstairs Bedroom #4 with Queen Bed, and a 32” TV
o Bedroom #5 with 2 Queen beds, and 2 twin beds, and a private full bath, 43" TV
o Half bath on downstairs hallway
Location - Centrally located just 2.5miles from Wimberley town center, 16 miles from Canyon Lake, 20 miles from San Marcos, and 27 miles from Gruene and New Braunfels. We are also just 35 minutes from Austin and an hour from San Antonio. Use Grand View Escape as your base of operation for your Hill Country Vacation.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
About Shiloh Collins
Phil and Peggy Collins bought this property in December 2015. They purchased their first home on the Blanco River ( The Great Escape ) about 10 years ago, and it is only about 1/4 mile away. On average, they have added about one new luxury home per year since then. They live in Wimberley for the majority of the year, and spend the hotter months at their home in Colorado ( Above The Clouds ). They make these homes nice for their own use, and for their guests as well. The secret to their success is by providing large homes that sleep lots of people, but all on acreage for privacy, and then providing multiple areas that allow the guests to spread out, and not all be underfoot.
Shiloh Collins purchased this House in 2015
Why Shiloh Collins chose Wimberley
This property was purchased for the view, the privacy provided by 33 acres, and a really cool large home. It is ideal for entertaining, with many areas that allow your group to spread out ( front porch view, back porch view, hot tub, game room, 3 fireplaces, etc, etc, etc ).
What makes this House unique
360 degree views, a cooling wind always blowing at the top of the hill, high end luxury, a great game room, Open format kitchen and living room, and every convenience that you need to make this a successful outing for your family, friends, or corporate group. Every item in the house was purchased new in June 2016, so this is not leftovers from someone's house.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
We had the best time and the game room was the icing on the cake! Thank you for sharing this amazing place with our family. We will be back .
Great time with close friends
This was an awesome home for a handful of friends gathering to celebrate the end of school for our kiddos. The property is ideally perched for great views and cool breezes, especially on the front porch. The amenities are perfect for families looking for a change of pace complete with fun and relaxation. The property manager was super helpful as well! Looking forward to the next visit.
We loved everything about this house we visited for Spring Break!!! The game room was a huge hit with the kids. The bedrooms were all very comfortable with an amazing view! There were plenty of beds for any sleeping arrangement for kids. The hot tub had an amazing view. The rockers on the front porch were the PERFECT place to watch the sunset! Our kids rated it “best house ever!” We will be back!!!
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We hope you and your family have enjoyed your stay. Let us know when you are ready to return for another great stay.
Stunning Home with Magnificent Views
I knew we were in for a treat when we pulled up to the driveway and ascended to the tallest point in town. We were taken back at the sight of the beautiful rustic cabin nested on top of the 33-acre hill with amazing views in all directions. The home is beautiful with all of the comforts of home…and then some. The décor is a perfect blend of high-end rustic and semi eclectic furnishings. We wanted for nothing as we hung out around the pool during the day and then the plush living room wood burning fireplace at night. We took advantage of the fully stocked kitchen, wood smoker, and gas grill. We couldn’t have been happier with this home and with the owner, Shiloh. We will be back but we might check out one of his other properties next time. They look equally as impressive. Thanks for the memories, Shiloh!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our Grand View Escape property. We love to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. The views are something to cherish forever. We hop you made many memories during your stay. Let me know which house you would like to stay at next.
-Vacation Property Masters
Great house, amazing views
We stayed for a guy’s weekend and couldn’t have picked a better house. Deer grazed in the yard each morning and the sunsets were stellar.
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Grand View. The deer have been grazing there a lot lately. We hope to see you again in the future.
Outstanding Property with Spectactular Views
During the Christmas through New Years week, five couples from the DFW area enjoyed spending some ‘down-time’ at the Grand View Estate property. The property was spectacular, providing our group with outstanding views from atop a 1,500 feet peak. Grand View is located very near downtown Wimberley, providing quick access for grocery store runs and for shopping at many of the interesting and appealing shops. The house has all the amenities needed for a relaxing and comfortable stay. The bedrooms are large and bathrooms convenient as well. The game room has many gaming activities that provide fun for all that partake. The rocking chairs on the front porch are great for taking in the endless views as well as wildlife watching. The back yard is outstanding with the firepit, swimming pool, and grill; which we used to cook some great steaks one evening. The kitchen is well equipped and is part of a large kitchen and living area providing plenty of room for a group of 10 adults. During our weeks stay, we had a great lunch in Wimberley at a great little Italian restaurant. We sampled wines just across the street and purchased a couple of fine wines which we enjoyed during our lunch at the Italian restaurant. We visited a winery across from the Salt Lick BBQ, prior to having a great BBQ dinner from the Salt Lick. It was very crowded on a Saturday night, so we order BBQ and all the trimmings to take back to Grand View. Upon our arrival, we had a couple of questions that were sent to the owners and the owner came onsite promptly and provided answers to our questions. All-in-all, Grand View provided a great home-base for a very enjoyable week’s stay, once again in Wimberley! We all say thanks so much to the Collins for a great week!!
Thank you for your great review! We greatly appreciate the detail in your review. We are very glad you and your group enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back.
Log house is located on top of a hill with a breathtaking view of the Blanco River Valley and the Texas Hill Country. Near to downtown Wimberley for shopping. New HEB grocery store and Ace Hardware is within a couple of miles. Blanco River access. Zip Line is also nearby.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
$125 cleaning fee added to the balance due when reservation is booked. Sign permission on rental agreement to run credit card provided for paying for damages. Pictures are provided and emails are communicated with guest to determine the amount of damages incurred with agreement between owner and guest what is appropriate to pay.