|Space||775 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||19 nights|
Short-term Fully Furnished 2BR/1BA Rental Home - Central Berkeley
2BR/1BA Renovated Luxury Home
Perfect as a Short-Term Rental - Everything Included: No need to pay for anything else
More Info with Pictures on web site (see link below) or type Berkeley McGee House into any search engine.
** Fully remodeled and furnished 2 bedroom / 1 bath house
** fully stocked kitchen (with dishwasher)
** 40' Sony Google HD TV (with Netflix unlimited streaming subscription included - plus a DVD/CD player on a surround sound stereo system)
** broadband internet (wifi)
** organic cotton linens
** phone (free long distance and voice mail)
** washer and dryer
** quiet tree lined street
** private fenced-in backyard
** hard wood floors
** lots of southern light
** 7 blocks to UC Berkeley campus and 6 blocks to downtown Berkeley (very easy walk)
** tons of restaurant, movie, theatre, and entertainment options
QUIET CENTRAL BERKELEY NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE (part of side-by-side duplex):
- 7 blocks from UC Berkeley and Downtown Berkeley (near MLK and Bancroft). Very easy walk.
- Perfect for short-term rental (see below in pricing for details) - No need to setup and pay utilities or to buy furnishings: everything is included.
- Fully remodeled house - quiet tree lined street - private fenced-in backyard (other duplex unit has it’s own separate backyard).
- 2 bedrooms (2BR) – one full bathroom (tiled floor) with tub and shower (1BA).
- Hard wood floors - fireplace - no apartment above unit - only one common wall - lots of southern light - furnace for heat (separate WisperWarm heating in bathroom).
- All utilities at no extra cost: internet (as above), Netflix on TV, phone service (unlimited calls to US and Canada numbers - incoming calls - voice mail), and of course all basic utilities as well: electricity, natural gas/heat, water, and trash service.
- Bedding and linens included: all sheets and towels are 100% organic cotton
- Fully furnished: Washer/Dryer (W/D), all kitchen equipment (pots and pans, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker, dishwasher), sofa, tables, chairs, beds, TV, etc..
- Perfect for visiting Cal faculty (10 minute walk to campus), or as a corporate apartment rental, or as a vacation rental. Great alternative to a hotel. Accommodates up to 5 persons.
GREAT CONVENIENT BERKELEY LOCATION:
- 7 blocks from University of California at Berkeley (Cal) campus (10 minute walk - about 1/2 mile).
- 6 blocks from Downtown Berkeley BART station and all downtown amenities (restaurants, shops, cinemas, banks, library, buses).
- 25 minute ride on the BART to Downtown San Francisco.
- 4 blocks from large grocery store.
- Close to everything, but a very quiet residential neighborhood.
- Very easy access to highway I-80.
- 10 minute drive to downtown Oakland or Emeryville.
- One block to Berkeley’s Bike network.
AVAILABLE: Year Round (See availability calendar on web site listed below) (see below for minimum booking fee)
LOCATION: McGee Ave at Bancroft Way; Berkeley, CA 94703 (see location/directions on web page listed below)
CONTACT: To get details on the unit, contact Mark Foy: Mark's e-mail: [see the below link]
More info about the condo with pictures: see specific web site: which is vitalita dot com slash rental
Directions: From I-80 and the University Ave exit, go east on University for about 1.5 miles. Turn right at McGee Ave (about 3 blocks after Sacramento). Go two and a half blocks (between Allston Way and Bancroft Way).
Keywords: House, Condo, Townhome, Duplex, Bungalow, Flat
Mark lives about 15 blocks from the McGee House, and provides management to all guests of the house. He also works in the information technology arena, as well as in culinary services. You can see his main web site at vitalita dot com
Mark has lived in Berkeley since 2000.
Mark has stayed at multiple 'short-term furnished' vacation-style housing at many places in the USA, as well as in Europe. That has been great for learning what is important to travelers/visitors.
Mark Foy purchased this house in 2005
Mark purchased this house in 2005 to provide comfortable housing for people visiting Berkeley (including visitors to UC Berkeley). Visitors at that time had very few options for furnished short-term housing; there were plenty of housing options which were unfurnished, and required a 9 month lease (where the leaser had to setup their own utilities, etc.), but other than expensive hotels (which generally do not have kitchens, etc.), there were very few other options.
I love the McGee House for it's comfortable furnishings, quite neighborhood, yet still close to many of Berkeley's best offerings, as well as the private/fully landscaped back yard which is wonderful for enjoying our sunny California days.
After four days at the McGee house, I wish I could just move in! The house is cosy but spacious, the hardwood floors are lovely, all the equipment works very well, the neighborhood is pleasant and I felt very safe. I enjoyed the sound system, having a washer and dryer and the carefully equipped kitchen. Mark Foy does a superb job of keeping in touch, he is easy to work with and his instruction booklet is more than complete. The added perk of useful provisions in the kitchen made it easy to walk in and start living here without even having to go the the grocery store first.
After four days at the McGee house, I wish I could just move in! The house is cosy but spacious, the hardwood floors are lovely, all the equiment works very well, the neighborhood is pleasant and I felt very safe. I enjoyed the sound system, having a washer and dryer and the carefully equipped kitchen. Mark the owner does a superb job of keeping in touch, he is easy to work with and his instruction booklet is more than complete. The added perk of useful provisions in the kitchen made it easy to walk in and start living here without even having to go the the grocery store first.
I stayed in this rental with for a full year. Perfect location: close to downtown and all amenities, but very quiet block. Owner is attentive, highly responsive & scrupulous. Quick walk to BART & buses. Just a few blocks away from the Saturday Farmers' Market (best in the area). Walking distance to supermarket, drugstore and a host of excellent restaurants, coffeeshops. Close the university but far enough away that you don't feel you're living in student-ville. To me, it meant a great deal that the owner was so attuned to my needs. On the rare occasions that I had a question or a concern, I heard back from him immediately with a solution. Highly recommended.
We spent three weeks at Mc Gee House in August 2012 to drop our son at Berkeley University. While we had booked to stay at hotels we changed our bookings to McGee house which was fortunately available during the exact dates we required. McGee house turned out to be better than what we anticipated through pictures on the website. It is located in a peaceful neighborhood and yet it was a short walk from convenience shopping, public transport and most importantly for us from the University. The house is well maintained, clean and well equipped to run day to day life. All in all it worked out like home away from home and we would take the option to stay there during our subsequent visits compared any five star hotel.
We spent a great week at this cozy vacation property. It is far enough from the busy main streets to be quiet and relaxing, but close enough not to be isolated. The house itself is exactly as advertised, clean and well-equipped with almost all the items we would have at home. Mark has provided a printed FAQ for everything - parking, instruction manuals, garbage/recycling, so I never needed to call him for any questions. Beds are comfy, more than enough pillows to suit us. The bathroom is a tight squeeze, but I guess that is typical of Berkeley; anyway, it was clean and we liked the shower. Kitchen was extremely well-equipped, and Mark was thoughtful enough to even leave basic groceries. On the infotainment front, Google TV with a Netflix/Amazon subscription was a godsend on the couple of rainy evenings during our stay. WiFi with DSL internet speed was accessible from anywhere in the house.
In short, we are glad we chose this rental instead of a hotel. Our daughter is a freshman at UC Berkeley, so I foresee us staying here at least a few more times.
I was looking for the perfect place for my parents who were visiting from Paris, France when i found the house on McGee.
I (neither my parents) were disappointed. the house on Mcgee is THE place you want to have for relatives you care about that are visiting the region.
Thank you Mark!
We had a great stay this week at the McGee House! The house is comfortable and quaint, and had everything we needed for our stay! The kitchen was well stocked, the beds were comfortable and we loved having the washer/dryer for our use (especially with two young kids). The house is very centrally located, close to restaurants, UC Berkeley, etc. We even walked to Trader Joes! I would not hesitate to recommend the McGee House to anyone looking for a pleasant alternative to a hotel when visiting Berkeley.
A Little Information About Berkeley:
* Berkeley is a town about 20 minutes from downtown San Francisco (in the East Bay)
* The main feature of Berkeley is the University of California at Berkeley campus (Cal) which is known world-wide. The campus was the birthplace of the Free Speech Movement in 1964.
* Berkeley is a beautiful town with lots of interesting craftsman architecture. It has a superb mild climate and beautiful geography (where something is blooming every month of the year).
* From the town there are spectacular views of San Francisco, the bay, and the hills of Berkeley.
* Because of Berkeley´s central location, it can be used as a based to explore San Francisco (20 minutes), Napa/Sonoma (1 hour), the Marin Redwoods (45 minutes), Santa Cruz (1.5 hours), and all of the San Francisco Bay area.
* Berkeley also has: world-class restaurants (Chez Panisse, Bay Wolf, and more), UC Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive, Zellerback Hall for cultural events, Lawrence Hall of Science (great for kids), Tilden Park (also great for kids), as well as hiking, biking, lakes, etc.
Parks Near to the McGee House:
* Berkeley has many parks
* The parks that are closest to the McGee house are:
* Becky Temko Tot Park - 2424 Roosevelt Street (near Channing)
* Washington School Park - 2300 MLK Jr. Way (near Bancroft Way)
* Presentation Park - 2199 California St. (at Allston Way)
* MLK Jr. Civic Center Park - 2151 MLK Jr. Way (at Allston Way)
Other House Location Information:
* About 1.75 miles from the Clark Kerr Campus located at the University of California at Berkeley
* About 2.5 miles from Children's Hospital Oakland which is also co-located with the Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI) - so if you are looking for a place to stay during an extended visit to the Oakland Children's Hospital and/or Research Center, the McGee house can provide that option as it is located nearby
* About 2 miles from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL or LBL or Berkeley Labs) in Berkeley
* About 4 miles from Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI) in Berkeley
* About 10 miles from Mills College in Oakland
* Many shops and restaurants within .5 miles around the house
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
19 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
*LOWER RATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR LONGER STAYS * Rates vary by length of booking.
** Please inquiry for exact pricing based on dates.
** Minimum durations listed above may not be correct (depending on time of the year) - please contact owner for exact minimum durations.
Additionally, at certain times, the minimum booking duration is more than 2 weeks (sometimes as much as 2 months) - Please inquire with your dates, and I can respond.
* See http://www.vitalita.com/rental/rates_berkeley_short_term_apartment.html for more details