About the property
- Apartment624 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 5 nights
Central Chamonix. 3 bedroom penthouse apartment. Fantastic balcony views
Penthouse apartment, 3 beds, 2 bathrooms, wood burning fire, amazing mountain views with 2 large balconies.
1. 5 minutes walk to purchase lift pass and ski bus stop for ski area access to Argentiere, Le Tour and Les Houches ski areas.
5 minutes walk to apres ski, restaurants and town centre.
Skiing with small Children, 8 minutes walk to the Planards ski area, ideal for those very new to skiing, or introducing small children to skiing for the first time. Lovely apartment, amazing long range views from the large balconies.
Top apartment, on 3rd floor with short, wide, easy on the legs steps, apartment has private access allowing you to leave boots outside apartment door to warm for the next morning.
A few minutes walk to the nearest lift, ski hire, apres bars, restaurants. Free Town bus stops outside the apartment, great for bringing home the shopping. This apartment is the top apartment in a chalet building, it is on the 3rd floor but the stairs are well lit, short and wide and easy on the legs. It has private access on the 3rd floor, this means you can leave boots etc outside the apartment door and they are warm for the next morning. The apartment has a traditional feel with wood beams and vaulted high ceilings, but all the modern facilities with BOSE surround sound, Sky & French TV with great wireless internet. The balconies are a real feature offering views over the Town, the Brevent Ski area, and in the distance Les Houches Ski area. From the large lounge and double bedroom window, you do not feel 'overlooked'
3 bedrooms: 1 large bedroom with ensuite and 2 single beds. 1 bedroom with 2 single beds, 1 bedroom with full height windows and a double bed. Sofa bed in lounge.
Free designated parking outside apartment building.
Cozy log fire
See cancellation policy.
Chamonix is probably best known as the skiing and alpine capital of the world. A 'buzzing' town, equally busy during the Summer and Ski season with a wide array of sporting and sedate leisure activities. Peace and quiet, great nightlife, and superb scenery that can be enjoyed at whichever pace suits you. Only 1 hour from Geneva Airport with regular and cheap shared transfers, Chamonix is the perfect place to come for a weekend break or a week's holiday. This traditional town is at the foot of Mont-Blanc and hosted the first winter Olympic Games in 1924.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 18, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Dawns flat. Situated close to the agui du midi cable car, good super market and the Main Street. The flat itself adequately met our needs for a weeks stay but was rather bijou. The lack of space was not helped by the bulky furniture. The beds could do with some repair work as they did not feel particularly safe! This has been mentioned in previous reviews.
Great apartment in great location
This apartment lived up to all expectations, I’ve stayed in places all over Chamonix but this has been the best self catering apartment for the money. It’s location ensures great views, easy walk to Town but far enough out to be peaceful. You can dance on the tables at Chambre Neuf and come back to peace and quiet to recover.
Good shower, big TV, Bose sound system, secure storage, parking if needed and homely - what more could you want.
We were 5 40 something Cham veterans and it was ideal, I would say if you want to be partying in your residence this is not the place to book as it has permanent residence in floors below but for anything else this place is ideal and I will be booking again.
Clean comfortable apartment in an excellent position in Chamonix
Being our second visit to this apartment we knew exactly what to expect. it is a spacious & clean apartment, with an excellent position in Chamonix, well suited to our needs as a group of keen skiers.
Some of the furnishings are getting a little tired as is normal with a rental property but it is all functional with no problems arising or any requirement to approach the management company. We once again had a fantastic break while staying in this property and had a prompt return of our full deposit one week after the rental finished. We would not hesitate to use it again the next time we wish to visit the Chamonix valley.
Perfect skiing weekend for a family of four
This chalet in central Chamonix was perfect has our homebase. We were able to walk easily to city center. We were only a few meters from the main train station to Mont Blanc, other areas with the resort, and a bus stop to/from other ski lifts. Apex, the management company, was amazing. The communication was terrific. They even made connections with local ski rentals, ski instructors, dog sledding and lift tickets. Our ski instructor, Fay at www.faymackman.com, was absolutely perfect! I booked her for three days, as a private ski instructor for our children ages 8 and 11. She was so sweet and kind! I highly recommend Fay! Chamonix was beautiful and everyone enjoyed it so much, my husband is planning a return visit already! Only one little issue was with the hot water; if you plan to take a bath, don’t plan for anyone to take shower within the next few hours, the water heater does not heat fast enough. We found that out quickly and it was not a problem again.
Excellent location and nice apartment
The apartment is very well located near (short walk) the centre and station. There is a good supermarket a short walk away. The immediate environment is reasonably quiet and the apartment has two balconies to enjoy mountain and valley views. We arrived in Chamonix by train and obtained a pass for local trains and buses from the tourist office so you do not need a car to get out and about in the Chamonix valley. The train journeys through the Chamonix valley in both directions are spectacular and together with mountain walks, were a highlight of our holiday. The trails in the Chamonix valley are well marked and there are some interesting mountain cafes to explore.
On the first day we had a few issues with the apartment but the owner responded to our emails within half an hour and the agent came round the next day to fix the two problems which would have affected the remainder of our holiday. The agent noted the minor issues and said he would deal with those after our visit.
Overall a great holiday in a great location.
A Horrible place
Stay away from this place. This place, the owner and their agent are all part of a scam. Whoever is writing good reviews for this property could be owner's family members or friends. You will be wasting your time by looking at this property. The picture shown is old. The property is run down and didn't look anything like this. I will number down my experiences :-
1. You need to be a home inspector to stay in this place. The owner "orders" you to examine every nook and corner and every furniture and fixtures in the apartment to locate any damages even before you open your bags that you hauled up through three floors up. And there are many!!!. If you miss out any of those, the owner will blame you for the damages. And there goes your security.
2. There is very little hot water in the apartment unless you risk your life to open the electric service panel and poke your finger through live wires to flip some switch. If you get electrocuted, it is your fault, not the owners.
3. There is no guaranteed parking space as indicated in the listing. When I reached the apartment, I could not find any parking space. So I called the owner but no answer. Then I called the agent who said there is no designated parking, better park in the neighboring street.
3. The furniture's especially the bed frames might have been picked up from some dumping yard or garage sales. The bed frames (all) keep on collapsing. My wife and daughter fell to the floor and hit their head. And the owner had the audacity to blame me for this!!!. I have photos of broken bed frames. If you don't want to increase the number of bones in your body, better stay away.
4. You can forget the security deposit. This is the real scam. We are a family of 6 with 4 small children age 4 - 15. Owner came back with the ultimate lie that we stole the patio furniture of a neighbor. I couldn't believe this guy. We traveled from New York to this place to steal some cheap plastic furniture. And he blames we were outside at 3 AM. I asked for proof and didn't had any further contacts from the owner. I contacted home away and they tried to contact but unsuccessful. I am trying to get the money back through Home Away.
Bottom line, the rent may be cheap but you can forget the security deposit. Owner is willing to make false accusation against you. Hey, you are here to enjoy your vacation. You don't want to deal with this kind of people to spoil your good time. There are plenty of other decent places in the area.
I am sorry you feel dissatisfied. The company managing the apartment provided feedback from several complaining resident owners within the apartment building regarding the guest behaviour and damages during your stay. This apartment has been rented for 6 years and we have never had such adverse feedback following a guest stay. The security deposit is automatically returned by the rental website, the owner/apartment manager has to provide proof of disturbance and damage to the rental website in order for the security deposit to be retained.
Central Chamonix Penthouse apartment, 3 beds, 2 bath, wood burning fire, Mountain views with 2 large balconies. Reasons to book this apartment:
1. 4 minutes walk to purchase lift pass and ski bus stop for access to Agentiere, Le Tour and Les Houches ski areas. Bus stop is 2nd stop of bus route, so almost guaranteed to get a seat (very important when holding skis and with children)
2. Ski access information. When booking this apartment, I will send detailed information on how to access each ski area using the ski buses and the quickest and most efficient way, minimising walking and time.
3. 5 minutes walk to apres ski, restaurants and town centre.
4. Skiing with small Children, 8 minutes walk to the Planards ski area, ideal for those very new to skiing.
5. Lovely apartment, amazing long range views from the large balconies.
6. Top apartment, on 3 rd floor with short, wide, easy on the legs steps, apartment has private access allowing you to leave boots to warm for the next morning.
Few minutes walk to the nearest lift Aguille Du Midi/Planards. Central but quiet location with Ski hire, lift pass, apres bars, shops and restaurants within 5 minutes walk. Peace and quiet, great nightlife, and superb scenery that can be enjoyed at whichever pace suits you. Only 1 hour from Geneva Airport with regular and cheap shared transfers, Chamonix is the perfect place to come for a weekend break or a week's holiday. This traditional archtecture town is at the foot of Mont-Blanc and hosted the first winter Olympic Games in 1924
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
CANCELLATION POLICY £200 security deposit is NON refundable if the booking is cancelled, rental cost is refundable for cancellations on the following terms:.. greater than 8 weeks full rental cost refunded, minus £200 security deposit. 6-8 weeks – 50% of rate refunded. 4-6 weeks – 25% of rate refunded. Less than 4 weeks – no refund. Please indicate number of people and which beds you wish to have made up. BEDS IMPORTANT! Please specify which beds to make up. Bedroom 1 is 2 single beds with ensuite. Bedroom 2 is 2 single beds and Bedroom 3 is 1 Double bed. If you HAVE NOT specified, then the minimum number of beds will be made up: For example if the party is 3 people then then 2 x ensuite twin + 1 x Twin will be made up unless advised otherwise. If you require bed changes during your stay please contact Apex, this will incur a call out fee of £40 plus the extra linen (£20pp) payable direct to Apex management