Brand new (built in 2018), luxurious wooden tiny house. Private garden with sunset and a summer view.
If you need a break from your hectic life or if you want to enjoy the silence after a busy day in Amsterdam, this is an excellent place. Privacy, comfort and the sound of birds, frogs and in summertime cows ..
Where is it placed?
Durgerdam is in the North of Amsterdam. It has 1 street which actually is a dyke. Dykes were built to protect Holland against high water levels. There is just one street called: Durgerdammerdijk, meaning dyke or Durgerdam. Authentic rural area (former fishermen village), but still close to Amsterdam (city). Easy to reach from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (23 km), exit S115 Durgerdam from A10. You will be in the center of Amsterdam in 30 minutes by bike (provided for free).
The Tiny House is located at the back of a monumental dyke house. You will use your own entrance, so privacy guaranteed. In 20m2 you got all you need for a comfortable stay.
The Tiny House has a small kitchen with induction cook tub (2 tobs), micro oven, fridge (with small freezer compartment), electric water heater and nespresso machine. Cooking utensils and kitchen ware are included. The modern bathroom has a comfortable rain shower and plenty of space for your toilet articles.
There is a floor build in the Tiny House, to creat a loft. There is a bed mattress for 2 persons (160cmx200cm) + 2x 1 -person duvet. Can be reached by solid wooden stairs. You can sleep on the couch in the living room (80cmx170cm) or request an extra mattress. Please contact me if you want to stay in the accommodation with more than 2 persons.
During your stay, the use of 2 bicycles is for free.
You should absolutely discover the area or Amsterdam city by bike !!
I am sorry to say that the Tiny House is very hard accessible for wheelchairs.
Anyone who respects nature and wants to have a great time in and around Amsterdam is welcome.
Ideal for couples.
- if you want to bring a small animal, please contact me in advance
- if you want to stay in the Tiny House for a longer time and / or for single use, contact me for approximate rates
- bed linen towels and towels are included in the rate.
- The Tiny House has electronic heating integrated into the floor, so also in wintertime a cozy place
Durgerdam (part of Amsterdam) has 1 lovely restaurant: Zuyderziel, if you do not want to cook yourself. This is 3 minutes walking from the Tiny House. The closest supermarket is 6 minutes by bike.
From Durgerdam you can go to Amsterdam (Rijksmuseum, Dam square, Anne Frank Museum, shopping in) but also explore the smaller historical villages in the countryside (Marken - 25 minutes on bike), Edam / Volendam and Zaanse Schans - 25 minutes by car). Amsterdam Norh is an upcoming area. If you like to go off the beaten track I will be able to give you some nice suggestions.
If the weather is fine, you can swim in the IJsselmeerlake in front of Durgerdam.
- 2 minutes distance from the (IJsselmeer-) lake
- 15 car minutes to Amsterdam city
- 30 minutes (by bike!) to the center of Amsterdam.
- 23 km from Schiphol Airport
- 35 minutes from Amsterdam city by public transport
- 25 car minutes to Edam, Volendam, Zaanse Schans
- 25 minutes by bike to Marken
- free parking on 5 minutes walking distance
- public transport: 13 minutes by bike there is a tram station at Piet Hein tunnel where a tram brings you in 10 minutes to Amsterdam Central Station.
- NOTE: although some computersystems say: there is no public transport to the dike itself. Last part needs to be done by taxi, pick, bike. I have a reliable contact (professional taxi driver) for your transfer from the airport. Pick up at airport is 35 euros (instead of 65 euros or more ..)