No. 1 Chapel Row is uniquely located on a quiet churchside lane in the heart of the bustling market town of Bakewell, thus combining a traditional market town atmosphere with countryside surroundings and endless recreational possibilities on the doorstep.
• No. 1 Chapel Row has been transformed to provide beautiful, modern accommodation with stunning features for up to four adults and two children
• Pretty stone cottage set on a quiet row in the market town of Bakewell in the ‘heart’ of the Peak District, near to the stately homes of Chatsworth and Haddon Hall
• Within a minute’s walk of the main shops, pubs, cafes, the River Wye and the large park in Bakewell
• Breakfast included for every day of your stay at The Old Original Bakewell Pudding Shop
• Welcome basket on arrival: loaf of Bakewell Bakery bread, pint of milk, bottle of wine, bottle of Bakewell Best Bitter and an award-winning Original Bakewell Pudding
• Outdoor area to enjoy al fresco dining or a glass of wine in the evening
• Cosy log burner in the living area for snug winter evenings inside
One parking space included
• Free WiFi
• Please note that we are dog friendly at No. 1 Chapel Row. We ask that dogs are kept under control at all times and a maximum of two dogs are allowed if pre-arranged.
We expect guests to keep dogs out of the bedrooms and off the soft furnishings.
We charge £20 per dog for the duration of your stay. Please see our dog policy on our website for more information.
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOM
There are three beautifully furnished bedrooms in total, including:
• Bedroom One - double bedroom
• Bedroom Two - double bedroom
• Bedroom Three - twin bunk bed room
• One upstairs family bathroom with basin and shower over the bath, hand soap, two toilet rolls and an anti-slip bath mat
Bath and hand towels and fresh linen are provided, with beds made up on arrival. A travel cot is available on request (please bring own cot bedding) and each bedroom has a hairdryer and iPod docking station.
COOKING AND DINING
There is plenty of space to cater for your group in the light, spacious kitchen. Two people can dine informally at the countertop bar stools, or head outside for the evening sun on the patio. Alternatively the dining room offers comfortable seating for six at the large table.
We have supplied everything you may need for your stay, including:
• Pots pans, roasting tins, crockery, glassware, cooking utensils and cutlery
• Gas hob with electric cooker
• Fitted fridge and freezer
• Nespresso coffee machine with coffee capsules included
• High chairs available on request
• Basic cleaning materials including washing up liquid and tea towels (under sink)
There is a small utility room off the kitchen, which includes a washer/dryer, vacuum cleaner, mop and bucket, iron and ironing board and a clothes horse.
Alternatively you could pop back in to Bakewell to pick up local produce at the farmers market (last Saturday of each month) or at the regular Monday market. We also supply discount vouchers for the Wheatsheaf pub on Bridge Street and The Scotsman’s Pack in the nearby village of Hathersage.
After a day exploring the Peak District you can relax in the beautifully styled sitting room with the warmth of a real log burner creating a cosy glow.
The open plan living and dining space has been decorated in relaxing neutral colours and filled with gorgeous soft furnishings and spacious sofas in modern greys and mustards - the perfect place to socialise at the end of the day.
You will also find logs for the fire, a TV with freeview and a Bluetooth speaker in lounge for your required entertainment.
GARDEN AND OUTDOOR SPACE
The front of the property is on a quiet row of stone built cottages next to Bakewell Methodist Church.
There is a pretty, secure patio area to the rear of the property, which provides seating and a table for two people to enjoy a relaxing glass of wine or meal in this quiet sun trap. There is also a washing line for use in the warmer weather and a coal barbecue (please supply your own coal).
Please note that the next door neighbour has access rights to the rear yard in order to take his bin out.
ARRIVAL AND PARKING INFORMATION
Parking for the cottage is provided nearby at a secure, flat car park 100m from the property at Brocklehurst Countryware and is rented for the property only. You may park directly outside the cottage for loading and unloading.
There are four floor-mounted bike racks in the secure patio area at the rear of the property.
You will pick up an envelope on arrival in Bakewell, which will contain a map of the local area with directions to the property, the property keys and a key fob for the secure car park. You will receive instructions on key collection once your booking is confirmed.
• Check in time: 3pm
• Check out time: 10am
• Price: £125 per night, four nights minimum stay. All utilities (gas, electric, heating and hot water) are included in the rental price
• Free extras: Free daily breakfast included at the Original Bakewell Pudding Shop before 11am
• Deposits: A damage deposit of £300 will be held and returned after you stay - this will be held but not charged unless necessary (e.g. if damage are incurred). 25% required on booking, to be paid in full 12 weeks prior to arrival
• No over-occupancy allowed