• Excellent location along the beautiful Kohala Coast
• Marvelous Pacific Ocean beaches
• Golf courses with fabulous views
• 2 swimming pools on-property
• Very clean with attractive décor
• Garage parking & fast access to Queen K Hwy
Just the two of you for romance and relaxation… or bring the family (kids & grandparents) to have fun making memories. Flexibility abounds in this roomy town home. As an end unit, it provides privacy, peace & quiet – there is no one above and no one below your place in paradise. Palm trees, flowers, and foliage provide fresh tropical surroundings and scents. You'll quickly feel very comfortable here.
This clean and spacious (1,725 indoor square feet) Waikoloa Beach Villas unit is located in the beautiful Waikoloa Beach Resort area of The Big Island of Hawai’i. You’ll be on the “dry side” of the island as opposed to the “rainy side” – a wise choice. From Kona International Airport it is an easy 18 mile drive with stunning ocean views on your left and the massive mountains of Mauna Loa & Mauna Kea on your right. The location is perfect; there is plenty to explore and a variety of activities to enjoy. It’s just a mile to scenic Anaeho’omalu Bay (A-Bay) and a quick 10 minute drive to the renowned Hapuna Beach State Park. It doesn’t get any better than that!
In addition to sun & fun on beautiful ocean beaches, there are several world class golf courses within the resort area or just a short drive up Queen Kaʻahumanu (Queen K) Highway. You might also:
• Swim, surf, snorkel, scuba dive
• Whale watch (November – April)
• Feel the heat hovering in a helicopter above flowing lava
• Go on a sunset cruise or a glass bottom boat ride
• Stargaze the Milky Way at 9,200’ elevation on Mauna Kea
• Swim with “Flipper” at the Hilton’s Dolphin Quest
• Take in the Legends of Hawai’i Luau show
• Explore Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park 100 miles away, if open
• Visit macadamia nut and coffee bean plantations
• Walk through a lush botanical garden
• See the spectacular 442-foot Akaka Falls
• Run or cycle along the Iron Man Triathlon route
• Hike the Kings Highway Foot Trail
The Queens’ MarketPlace is just a 4-minute walk across Waikoloa Beach Drive. There, Island Gourmet offers groceries, prepared foods, beer, wine, and sundries. Also included: Starbucks, a food court, several restaurants, plus art, clothing, and jewelry shopping. You can rent quality bicycles at Bike Works Waikoloa Beach & Sports. Also a short walk away are the Kings’ Shops for fine dining and upscale shopping. Another market place at Mauna Lani is just a 6 minute drive. Kailua-Kona is 24 miles away for many local-themed restaurants and plenty of shopping opportunities. Costco is 19 miles away near KOA Airport. Finally, you will have quick and easy access to Queen K Highway for island touring.
You can DO as much or RELAX as much as you desire on the Big Island. The immensely helpful guidebook “Hawaii The Big Island Revealed” by Andrew Doughty is in the town home for your reference. The posted pictures welcome you to a well-appointed vacation residence that was furnished completely brand new in May, 2016. Central air conditioning and ceiling fans ensure your comfort. Here are room-by-room details and amenities provided to make your stay convenient and comfortable:
• Family room: 2-cushion sofa has a built-in full-sized mattress (the sleeper-sofa beds from years ago were unpleasant, this modern one is comfortable. 3-cushion sofa & ottoman with fold-out tray, bar stools, 48” 1080p flat screen TV with plenty of cable broadcast & music channels. Bluetooth connection to speaker available.
• Bedroom #1 on second floor: master suite has king-sized bed of rich Mango wood, dual sinks, walk-in shower, bathing tub, walk-in closet, hair dryer, and 55” 4K flat-screen TV. A private lanai with chairs & table is perfect for coffee at sunrise. (Marvelous sunsets are best seen from nearby beaches.)
• Bedroom #2 on first floor: queen-sized bed of Mango wood, closet, hair dryer, and 55” 4K flat-screen TV. Full bathroom just outside the bedroom door. The advantage of this room? No stairs to walk up and down. (Folks with creaky joints appreciate that.)
• Bedroom #3 on second floor: down the hall from the master suite, private bathroom plus a closet. Younger guests will love the twin-over-full bunk beds. Stairs instead of a ladder give safe access to the top bunk. There is even a roll-out twin trundle bed allowing dorm-style sleeping for three. White board and colored markers for doodling.
• Bath rooms: stocked with bath mats and plenty of thick Turkish cotton towels.
• Loft area on second floor: comfortable swivel chair, solid oak desk, monitor screen with HDMI & DVI/VGA cables, and an HP printer for laptop computers makes it easy to access speedy 5G WiFi internet service. Several board games are available for indoor fun. 2 sitting chairs.
• Kitchen: Henkel knife set, Mikasa dinnerware, Lenox flatware, 12-piece set of Emeril (by Calphalon) hard-anodized non-stick cookware, and assorted glassware - all of which are dishwasher-safe. Everything needed for meal preparation is here, including: electric stove & oven, microwave, large refrigerator/freezer, wine & beverage chiller, new ultra-quiet Bosch dishwasher in 4/2017, a comprehensive array of cooking implements, 17-piece grilling tool set, rice cooker, toaster, Mr. Coffee, Krups electric kettle, rice maker, blender, crock pot, mixing bowls, casserole dishes, food storage containers, measuring cups and spoons, cutting board, etc.
• Family room: 2-cushion sofa has a built-in full-sized mattress (the sleeper-sofa beds from years ago were unpleasant, this modern one is comfortable. 3-cushion sofa & ottoman with fold-out tray, bar stools, 48” 1080p flat screen TV with plenty of cable broadcast & music channels.
• Dining room: solid walnut table accommodates seating for up to 8.
• Laundry closet: new in July 2016 washer and dryer at the ready with detergent provided.
• Outdoor lanai: a high table and chairs provide another place to gather.
• Garage: no-hassle private parking in 1-car garage just steps from front door.
• Beach gear: blankets, adult & kid chairs, umbrellas, pop-up sun shelters, colorful beach towels, an all-terrain cargo wagon, small table, food & beverage coolers, even “stem-in-the-sand” wine goblets for a great day at the beach. Also available for beach use are lawn games: Beanbag Toss, Soft-tip Lawn Darts, & Italian Bocce.
• Waikoloa Beach Villas grounds: 2 outdoor swimming pools with water falls and hot tubs for the exclusive use of guests like you. There is an exercise facility with brand new work-out equipment installed in Spring 2016. Well-maintained outdoor gas grills are available for any Grill Master to conjure up cooking magic. Please note - this town home and property are totally smoke-free and pet-free.
• Views: an exotic lava field is behind the building with Kings’ Lake and a golf fairway in sight. We all would love an expansive ocean view – but those places are limited and come with a very steep price tag. The solution? Stroll over to “A-Bay” and the shimmering, wide blue Pacific fills the horizon.
Charges, Fees, and Taxes:
For 2018-19 Standard Spring, Summer & Fall nightly rental rate is $260; during Winter season the nightly rental rate is $285. During the Peak, Year-end Holiday period the nightly rental rate is $550. In 2020 there is a slight increase to cover increased HOA dues.
If you need only two bedrooms, ask about the reduced pricing option. These rates compare well with the big hotels nearby, especially considering the square footage difference. See the calendar for availability and when the rates are in effect.
A refundable $300 damage deposit will be billed. Additional charges per rental are: $250 cleaning fee, $59 for property damage coverage, local taxes, and VRBO's fee. 50% of the total charge due upon reservation, the remainder due 60 days before check-in date.
Resort hotels quote a nightly rate, but then add a daily “activity fee” and a nightly parking charge. Be alert to these add-on costs when comparing your options. And, to be fair, a hotel's room cleaning service is typically included in the room charge whereas my cleaning fee is a one-time charge. But I insist on maintaining an exceptionally clean property and hire a professional cleaning crew to do a thorough cleaning of this 1,725 square foot town home after every guest departs. Would you want it any other way?
SKW Vacation Rentals, LLC is registered under Hawai’i Tax ID# GE/TA-083-154-5344-01 and must collect 4.439% General Excise Tax (GET) and 10.25% Transient Accommodations Tax (TAT) in accordance with local tax rules.
The Aloha Spirit of Hawai’i will greet you at this beautiful Waikoloa home!
Marc & Barb
Westminster, Colorado, USA