Rural escape to a gorgeous cottage in a vibrant village between London & Oxford
Erina & Dom
- english, Japanese
Why Erina & Dom chose Aylesbury
A gorgeous 17th century cob cottage with exposed oak beams and a wood-burning stove, nestled in a leafy lane in the heart of the quintessential English village of Haddenham with its several eateries & pubs plus trove of treasures nearby! Surrounded by rolling countryside it’s a perfect getaway & base for exploring with a train station 1 mile away running directly to London Marylebone (45 mins) & Oxford city centre (30 mins) – conveniently close yet a complete & relaxing escape.
What makes this Cottage unique
Haddenham is a perfect English village (even being shortlisted and featured in Channel 4’s ‘Village of the Year’ 2018) next to the Chilterns on the Buckinghamshire Oxfordshire borders. It has ancient links, being mentioned in the Doomsday Book and has a 12th century church sitting alongside a duck pond and village green fronted by beautiful old thatched homes. It is picturesque enough to star in film, adverts & TV including multiple episodes of Midsomer Murders. As a large village it combines the best of both worlds, being a countryside retreat yet with great amenities including fantastic transport options meaning it’s quick and easy to get to and from London & Oxford as well as the host of nearby attractions.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
We absolutely loved the cottage and the village. Our stay was very peaceful. The hosts were very accommodating and responsive to our needs. I highly recommend this place!!! I look forward to returning.
Super cosy and very kind hosts!
We had a lovely, relaxing and peaceful weekend break. The cottage is super cosy, warm and has everything you need for a great break. Hosts Erina and Dom were really attentive and thoughtful, checking everything was perfect for us even though they had to be away travelling. We will be recommending to family and friends as an ideal place for walking and visiting local places of interest.
The cottage was beautiful and the hosts were extremely helpful. I would definitely stay there again.
It was a beautiful little cottage with everything a couple could need for a romantic break and more. I would highly recommend this property to people and one of my neighbors are thinking of booking it too. One word. Beautiful
Comfortable, Quiet, Old time charm
Accommodation is very comfortable for a couple.Located in a quaint old village, quiet neighborhood. Unique experience. Good sleeping. Location is within easy driving distance to Oxford, Cambridge, and multiple Castles for day trips/sightseeing. Has all the character of an old house, i.e. uneven floors, some low ceilings, and creaks and moans that all add to the character of the place. Dominic and Erina are very personable, cordial, and willing to provide recommendations. Overall -- very enjoyable stay!!
Charming location, homely cottage
We had a short stay in this charming cottage in the village of Haddenham. Irena and Dom were so nice and helpful providing us with all the information we needed for a smooth check-in and stay. The cottage is compact, well equipped and cosy. Room for a third guest with a pull-down bed in the sitting room – which we utilised. Watch out for the low beams! Great local amenities. Wonderful experience, highly recommended.
Perfect cosy cottage
This cottage is so quaint and cute. It is well appointed with everything you need - even for a longer stay. The cottage is close to a couple of good coffee shops and local pubs yet it is in a quiet street out of the way. It really feels like a home away from home, absolutely perfect for 1 or 2 people.
The hosts Dom and Erina are brilliant as well - so helpful, kind and outgoing.
I really did enjoy my time here and plan on being back!
Heading out, you can walk just minutes to shop and eat somewhere different every day of the week within the village itself; enjoy the greenery and fresh air between country pubs in surrounding quaint villages; pamper yourself with a spa day, afternoon tea or swanky dinners at nearby luxury hotels; shop ‘til you drop at Bicester Village retail outlet centre just 12 minutes away by train; or use as a base to explore the local stately homes or perhaps the Cotswolds beyond.
Plus of course we’re on the doorsteps of both London (with a slow-train stop at Wembley for any sports and music fans!) and Oxford, both quick and comfortable journeys from the train station less than 1 mile away.
• Beautiful Doomsday Book village
• Eat & drink at cafes & restaurants (8) & pubs (4)
• Shops include baker, butcher/deli, farm shop, gifts, grocer, post office, mini-supermarket
• Recreation amenities include a film club, gym, library, nature reserve (Snakemoor), sports (cricket & tennis) & Tiggywinkles animal hospital (good for big and little people alike!)
• Ancient church & duck pond, home to many weddings (popular for Notley Abbey Bijou Wedding Venue – 5 mins away) and star of TV & film!
• Several ‘chocolate box’ picture-perfect local villages and towns (within 15 mins) with great restaurants etc
• Bicester Village Luxury Shopping Outlet Centre (within 15 mins)
• Hartwell House Hotel Spa & Restaurant 2 AA Rosettes (within 15 mins)
• Le Manoir Aux Quat’Saisons 2 Michelin Stars (within 15 mins)
• The Oxfordshire Golf Club & Spa (within 15 mins)
• Oxford City Centre (within 30 mins)
• Waddesdon Manor (within 30 mins)
• Wembley Stadium & Arena (within 30 mins)
• Blenheim Palace (within 45 mins)
• Bletchley Park (within 45 mins)
• London Marylebone (within 45 mins)
• Windsor Castle (within 45 mins)
• Woburn Safari Park (within 45 mins)
• Cotswolds (within 60 mins)
DAY TRIPS VIA TRAIN LINE
• Warwick Castle (train line from station goes direct to Warwick – 60 mins)
• Shakespeare country (train line from station goes direct to Stratford-Upon-Avon – 90 mins)
• Village: Haddenham & Thame Parkway train station (London-Birmingham / London-Oxford)
• Village: local taxi company Cabco based at train station
• Village: local car hire company
• Village: bus routes – including to Oxford, Thame & Aylesbury – 110, 111, 112, 280, 613
• Village: petrol station & garage
• 10 mins: M40 Junctions 7 & 8A
• 30 mins: M25 Junction 16
• 40 mins: M1 Junctions 6A & 8
• 40 mins: drive to Heathrow Airport
• 50 mins: drive to Luton Airport
• 70 mins: drive to Stansted Airport
• 90 mins: drive to Gatwick Airport