100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Excellent choice for our couples vacation!
The condo was beautifully decorated, comfortable and clean. The kitchen was well stocked and was easy to buy a few groceries and eat in some during our stay. We loved being just steps away from the pool, beach, and 5th avenue. It's only a block away from all the main strip of restaurants and shops but tucked away quietly from the noise and people. We always felt safe and appreciated the 24 hour security. The condo is setup great also for girls trips or families! I would highly recommend and can't wait to go back again!!
Great accomodation for our girl's trip!
I recently returned from a girl's trip and this condo was perfect for us. I spent over 10 years in the travel business so I have been to many resorts and have experienced many levels of accommodation. This condo truly impressed me with its location right on the beach and amenities just steps away. I don't know if I'll ever go back to a resort in this area again after staying here. The resorts are a taxi ride away from town and this is right in the center of the action yet still quiet. It was so nice to be able to walk to shops and restaurants and night time street entertainment. There were massage therapists around the corner and a deep tissue massage is only $20. There is beachside dining and a great guy named Santiago who will deliver food and drinks. There were 8 of us and there was plenty of space. It is also ideal for a couple of families to share and is very kid friendly.
The ONLY review you'll need to read: Expectations Exceeded!
Let me preface this review by stating three things: (1) I was a fan of resorts until I vacationed here at this secure, beachfront, prime view, main floor condo. What a pleasant, authentic Caribe-Mexican experience! (2) I am very picky, have high expectations and can be very demanding. This was one of the few places where I did not have a single complaint. (3) I already emailed the owner and secured another week for next year.
We are two families with young children that stayed here a week in July 2015. Here's the scoop:
1. Location: The fact that it is located ON THE BEACH, 1 block from 5th avenue (dining, shops, taxi's) and on the MAIN FLOOR makes this a VERY unique combination for vacation rentals. In my experience, you usually need to compromise on one of the above. This has it ALL.
2. Easy access: Because of the location, there were ALWAYS taxi's waiting outside our doorstep that we used to see things like Cirque de Soleil, cave snorkeling (a must do), exploring Cancun. Also, the main floor makes it easy go in/out of the condo, especially for kids and food/drink service (see #3 below). Being on the 2nd or 3rd floor, though these condos might have slightly better views, having to walk a flight of stairs or two from the pool/beach would make it inconvenient and a hazard for small kids.
3. Service: There's a bar/restaurant next door, and they deliver, almost any food or drink that you desire. We spent 2 days lounging outside on our main floor terrace while Santiago graciously brought us shrimp cocktails, tacos, paloma (specialty drink) and more.
4. Views: Direct ocean view, but that does not say enough. The BEACH is literally steps from the condo. I split many days between ocean swimming and enjoying the pool with kids.
5. Cost effective: We did not rent a car, did not have to buy breakfast, nor did we absorb exorbitant fees that are common at resorts (activities, drinks, etc). These are expenses that add up to more than $1k in savings for a given week. Taxi’s are readily available, there’s a Walmart 5 blocks from the condo and beach activities (paddleboard, massages, kayak, windsurfing) are priced very fairly.
Other: There's a washer/dryer inside the unit, the owners installed hurricane glass making it very quiet inside, there's beachside massages and nightly fireshows right NEXT DOOR.
As a new VRBO user, please let me know if you found my review to be helpful or ask any questions that you would like.
Wonderful Family Vacation
This was our first time staying at a Conso and not at an all inclusive resort. We loved it! The pictures don't do justice to this Condo, it's very spacious and beautiful! The views from the inside and back terrace are gorgeous. Very convenient to have pool and beach access just a few steps from the our terrace. Staff was very polite, fast and helpful, they went out of their way to make us happy. The location is the BEST in Playa del Carmen! Half a block from 5th Avenue, close to everything including massages at the beach, water sports, snorkeling/diving excursions and more. We will definitely be back soon!
Can't wait to go back!
The accomodations were top of the line. The clean condo, pool area and the spacious kitchen were perfect for our big family. We are returning again this summer for our second stay. We can not wait to enjoy the proximity of the beach and the restaurants/shopping.
Never go to a resort again
We were a family of 7 staying in this condo. We've stayed here before and were delighted to see the condo has been newly decorated. Looks great, nice bright fresh colors. We really enjoy this condo as you just slide open your doors to the pool which is great for kids. We were traveling with a senior who has mobility issues and she was able to get to and from the pool and beach without issues. We loved sitting on our terrace enjoying the warm ocean breeze every day. And just a short walk on you are on 5th avenue which is great for someone who can't go too far although we rented a scooter this time. We like how close it is to restaurants and bars & it's only a few blocks to Walmart. The kids enjoyed walking to the yogurt bar that is on the same street! We like having a full kitchen to stock up on snacks etc for when we just want to hang around the condo. We love our stay at this condo and will never do a resort again. We plan on making many trips back to this condo! Thanks for such a great stay & accommodating all our questions Tonya at Playa Beach Getaways!(and to the staff who are so friendly!)
Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Coba, Tulum, Chichen Itza, Isla Mujeres, Cozumel. All water activities available from our beach!