Charming holiday stone house for 4 guests on a family Bordeaux vineyard -
- english, french
About Rives Andréa
Jean-Louis has travelled for 4 years around the world and met his wife Nola (from Australia) when traveling in Melbourne. In 1975 they decided to come back to Bordeaux to help Jean-Louis’s family with the farm at the time. Then in 1984, Jean-Louis decided to create the winery where you can now find 6 different wines (red, dry white, clairet, rosé, sweet white and sparkling wine). It’s in 1998 that they both decided to start the adventure of receiving guests. First starting with le Magnolia, then renovating 2 houses in 2000 and le Relais in 2010. The main building which is about 400-year-old used to be a coach house where horses were changed over just before going or coming out of Bordeaux. Le Relais used to be the stables. That’s why you will find a metal horse head on the top of its façade and on the wine label. Their daughter Andrea (the eldest of their 3 children) who lived in Australia for 6 years came back to work with them since 2008. It is in this family surrounding that you will be welcomed for your Bordeaux holidays.
Rives Andréa purchased this Cottage in 1962
Why Rives Andréa chose Saint-Caprais-de-Bordeaux
Chateau la Gontrie is an ideal base to discover all of the beauties of Bordeaux and its surrounding area in a calm and relaxed country side. Only 20 minutes from Bordeaux, makes it ideal to visit the centre and all of the main wine areas: Saint Emilion (40 minutes drive), Sauternes (30 minutes) or Pessac Léognan (30 minutes)…etc Being on a family winery you will benefit from the free visit of the vines, winery and of their 5 different Bordeaux wines (Côtes de Bordeaux red, Bordeaux dry white, Bordeaux rosé, Bordeaux clairet, 1ère Côtes de Bordeaux moelleux : sweet white) and their 6th wine which is a sparkling wine. This visit takes around 1hour and half and is in English of course. Passionate about their region, Jean-Louis, Nola and Andrea will be happy to share with you their local knowledge and their favourite visits. Living on the property, Jean-Louis and Nola will always be happy to help you out during your holidays if ever you need assistance, or with any questions you would have during your stay. Andrea will also be happy to assist you with setting up your activities: like booking a French patisserie lesson, a surfing lesson in Cap Ferret, a restaurant…etc. It is an ideal destination to resource yourself surrounded by your family or friends in a spacious sunny holiday house. Finally, we do believe that having a good bed is 50% of a good holiday that’s why we take a special care on the quality of our mattresses and that our holiday house meets all the needs of modern life such as Wi-Fi, TV, well equipped kitchen etc.
What makes this Cottage unique
- free wine tasting with the owner Jean-Louis who is bi-lingual in english and passionate about wines - delightful swimming pool only for the use of the guest of the holiday houses on the property - we spend half an hour with each family to tell them all about what there is to do and see around the area and in Bordeaux depending on their age, if they have children (and age of their children) or their needs. - free bycicles on the property for adults and children - scénique look outs around the property on the vines and forest - safe environment for children
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
A perfect rural France getaway
The property was immaculate and extremely well equipped.
The gardens and pool area were beautiful. The family invited us to help ourselves to unlimited figs and herbs.
The host family were very knowledgeable, welcoming and generous to us.
The property is ideally located for exploring the countryside, the city and the coast. The village supermarket is just a short walk away.
We had a marvellous time and you will too!
- climbing tree park at 7 km : Arbor et sens : http://www.arbor-et-sens.fr/index.php?lang=en
- wake board park at 6km in Baurech : http://www.exoloisirs.com/fr/content/exo-33-baurech
- Horse riding in Saint Caprais de Bordeaux , 2km : https://ecuries-cavalers.ffe.com/
- 4 golfs at half and hour to 1 hour from Chateau la Gontrie with possibility of a golf pass during 3 days : http://golf-bordeaux-gironde.fr/fr/nos-golfs-pass/
closest golf 3à minutes : http://www.golfdebordeauxcameyrac.fr/
- cycling track 54 km long who passes at 3 km from Chateau la Gontrie : http://www.af3v.org/-Fiche-VVV-.html?voie=16#
in Bordeaux :
- wave surf cafe in Bordeaux 30 minutes : http://www.wave-surf-cafe.fr/activites.html
- skate park at 20 minutes : http://www.hangardarwin.org/and in Bordeaux : http://www.jackspots.fr/2012/08/bordeaux-33.html