4 bedroom, 4 bathroom, with large garden and stunning views of Loch Fyne
About Ella Morris
I am a retired school teacher and my husband and I live near Loch Lomond just an hour's drive from Ardfyne. We have always run self catering in Scotland and we felt that the house offered guests perfect peace and quiet as well as stunning views of Loch Fyne, a spectacular sea loch on the west coast. The large garden was an added attraction and I have worked on it over the last 3 years to turn it into a garden that can be enjoyed by everyone.
Ella Morris purchased this House in 2004
Why Ella Morris chose Cairndow
We just love the west coast of Scotland as the scenery is so dramatic and diverse. Ardfyne is in an amazing location, set into the hillside just above the village of Strachur. You can have complete privacy and peace and quiet yet you are only a short walk from the village shop and post office. The house itself is extremely spacious with 2 large public areas, a huge kitchen, 2 areas of decking, a games room and 4 bedrooms. 3 of these bedrooms are very large with en-suites. The house looks out across Strachur Bay to the tourist town of Inverary and the distant hills. It also looks down the sea loch for miles. You can watch the activity of yachts and dinghies at the pontoon or indeed passing fishing boats and the naval exercises of schooners.
What makes this House unique
Ardfyne is an architect designed house so it is one of a kind. Offers 234 square metres of living space plus 27 square metres of decked area so masses of space. Its location is outstanding. Its peace and quiet.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Loved our break at Ardfyne fitted the bill for multiple family celebrations
Yes lovely property , great location and views. Loved upper sitting space , very relaxing and allowed space to drink in the spectacular views Downstairs sitting area was a little disappointing , choice of seating and broken seals on the windows causing misting effect . Plenty of space for family to mingle and great Fridge . Thanks again Karen Brown and family
Had such a wonderful time. Would come back any time. Beautiful house, beautiful location, beautiful area. I give it a 1A rating.
It was great to hear that you all had a wonderful time and thank you for your lovely review.
Would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Scotland.
Lovely stay at Ardfyne
Had a lovely stay at ardfyne, beautiful location, great views from the balcony. Ella has been really friendly and helpful. When we return to Scotland in the future we will be sure to stay again.
Delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ardfyne. We do try to cater for all our guests' needs so that they can enjoy this very beautiful part of Scotland.
Would love to welcome you back.
Ardfyne – places nearby to visit
• Strachur Smiddy Museum ad craft shop in the village up the hill. Small but worth a visit.
• Strachur House – the garden is often open to visitors
• The Pontoon – for a small charge fishing is allowed
• Loch Fyne Oyster Bar for seafood and the nearby Tree Shop Garden Centre for a lovely coffee and cake.
• Old Castle Lachlan is worth visiting. A lovely short walk from Inver Restaurant with great views of Loch Fyne
• Benmore Botanics is a garden with a difference. Steep hillsides and beautiful views. Also lovely café.
• Puck’s Glen is just 3 miles outside Dunoon. Magical walks along the banks of Highland burns.
• Quadmania offers quad bikes and much more in beautiful scenery
• Wilder Ways horse riding is based at Quarry Cottage in Strachur.
• Inverary Castle and Inverary jail are both very interesting.
• The town of Dunoon offers a wide range of activities, including indoor swimming pool, leisure centre and cinema.
• Loch Lomond with boat trips just 30 minutes away.
• Portavadie Marina an hour away but worth visiting. Excellent restaurant and spa/swimming pool. Boat trips offered by Loch Fyne Sea Tours – spot wildlife.