|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
When you arrive arrive at our welcoming chalet our goal is for you to be right at home, with a homey feel, an authentic ambiance, and everything you need to spend a perfect holiday together.
To celebrate your arrival, a complementary bottle of champagne will be waiting for you in the fridge.
La Ferme du Omonde is a renovated 1796 farmhouse located right on the ski slopes of the Les Houches resort, at the foot of Mont Blanc.
The chalet, which has kept its original Savoyard woodwork and stones, has four bedrooms, one of which is an open mezzanine, an outdoor seven-seater jacuzzi, two large bathrooms (of which an on-suite shower room). The living, dining and kitchen areas are open plan and and under-floor heated, in addition to the well-equipped kitchen, there is a separate ski-boot drying/washing room area with a washing machine and tumble dryer. The chalet is equipped with satellite TV and wifi, and has its own spacious garden with tremendous views on the Mont Blanc range.
The neighbouring resorts of Chamonix valley, Courmayeur (Italy) and Megève are within a 15- to 30-minute drive.
Les Houches is a family resort catering for children of all ages with a host of activities for adults as well.
Winter activities include skiing, snowboarding, snow-shoeing, ice skating, cross country skiing and mountaineering, plus indulging in spas and around a good French meal.
Summer is a great time for families and children with a hot climate and numerous activities – walking; alpine climbing, hiking, mountain biking, swimming and tennis.
SKI CLASSES & MOUNTAIN GUIDING
- The Super U is the main supermarket in Les Houches. It is located at the far end of Les Houches from Maison Neuve.
- There is also a smaller one called Carrefour Market, right next to the church.
- There are three bakeries in Les Houches -- one down the road from us, another down-town, across from the church and one right in front of the Bellevue cable car.
- Refuge Payot, at Bellevue, for Savoyard specialities.
FOOD & DRINK
The restaurants/bars we recommend in Les Houches are:
- Le Délice, in front of the church on the main road. See: http://le-delice.eu/
- The Kitsch Inn, run by the same owner, is good for all-day food, kids menu and après-ski drinks and music: http://chamonix-green-white.com/2011/07/11/the-grand-opening-of-the-kitsch-inn-les-houches/
(Right at the foot of the Bellevue cable car.)
In Servoz, just a 20 minute drive away (9 km), there is a very good French cuisine, Le Restaurant des Gorges de la Diozaz: http://www.hoteldesgorges.com/english/home.htm.
There are many choices in Chamonix, ranging from the 1 Michelin star Albert 1er to the Microbrewery Chamonix.
There is a bus running from Les Houches to Chamonix every 15 minutes and throughout the villages. There also are
The drive to the supermarket takes less than 10mins. Alternatively, Super U offer a delivery service to your accommodation. You can shop online www.superu-leshouches.com and for a fee of 4€ they will prepare your basket and delivery costs: under 120€ = 7€ for delivery or over 120€ = Free.
Several operators offer transport services to Chamonix Town and other Chamonix Ski areas. Up-to-date information available upon request, but here are indicative figures:
- Grands Montets and Le Tour cost around 40€ per single trip (up to 8 guests).
- Le Brevent and Flegere 30€ per single trip (up to 8 guests).
Transport for day trips to ski in neighbouring areas:
- Day trips to Courmayeur privates are 150€ return or shared 25€ per person return.
- Verbier is shared 35€ return or private 250€ return.
- Megeve, Contamines, Zermatt, La Clusaz, Morzine and Flaine also available upon request.
ICE RINK LES HOUCHES
The ice rink of Les Houches is a natural and outdoor ice rink, situated in the heart of the village. It is also open in the evening, and there is night skiing on Thursday nights in down-town Les Houches.
Phone : +33(0) 4 50 54 52 99
Mountain lover and nature addict, dolcevitara who likes to share memorable experiences with family and friends.
Lori purchased this chalet in 2011
Arrived in Chamonix in 2001 to live my passion for themountains to its fullest potential and discover alpinism. And never letf. I found this chalet during one of my many hikes and the dream later came true.
Right in the middle of the action but far away from everything. No hassle. All one needs to get back in touch with what life is really about.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$658|
- Prix à la semaine de 2,600 - 3,500 euros toute l'année (la haute saison étant le nouvel an).
- Tarifs weekend disponibles aussi.
- Réduction pour réservations de plusieurs semaines.
- 100€ facturés pour nettoyage de fin de séjour.
- Caution de 1000€ prélevée en début de séjour.
- Charges incluses. Draps et serviettes peuvent être fournis en plus (15€/séjour/personne).