|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Note: 7 night minimum stay during Merrie Monarch Hula Festival April 16-22nd.
Kuulei Hale...Vacation in Paradise... Like New Cottage with everything you need for a care-free vacation. You will be greeted with bouquets of fresh tropical flowers throughout the clean new home. Located on three lush tropical acres. Garden flower and fruit tree tours by request only. Two fish ponds stocked with Koi and tropical water lillys that have the most wonderful smell.Anthuriums in every color.
Lots of outside seating ,plus pinic table chairs and umbrella for your outside eating and injoying the beautiful fishponds and gardens.
Cancellations made after deposit is received forfeit $100.00 Once the reservation is paid in full. cancellations made within 60 days prior to arrival date (high season) or 30 days prior to arrival date (low season) forfeit full payment *High season is from December 15th- April 1t. also includes two weeks during the Ironman Triathlon. No refunds for late arrival early departure or 'no shows'
I enjoy working on the farm, maintaining the Fruit flower and vegatable gardens! Now in season September is Pineapples, Avacado, strawberry Guava, Lemons, Oranges, Jabotababa, calamondin, Rheedia, Rambutan, grapefruit, Lilikoi, tangerine, Vivi,
squash, pumkins, starfruit just flowering now, and all the veggies in the vegtable garden.
Looking forward to meeting you soon! :-)
Centrally located between volcano national park and Pohoiki the warm springs just five minutes to Keaau town wai Fi
Private country yet close drive to town volcano or beaches.
Our stay here was fantastic. The location is perfect for traveling to volcanos national park. The condo was clean and well equipped with dishes, blankets, a brand new tv and lots of movies. There were fresh flowers in just about every room! The bathroom also had everything we needed. Lots of shampoo and stuff like that. Also, there was salad dressings and such in the fridge.
This place is very laid back and charming -- not uptight and stuffy -- I could relax and allow my young son to play on the property. It wasn't so immaculate that I had to be the helicopter parent... it was so relaxing!
Ms. Linda was great. She had lots of knowledge about the island and gave us fresh-picked exotic fruits along with even more fresh flowers! She even allowed me to take my son by her house to see her beautiful birds and play with her puppy. My son was very impressed with the unique, creative style of the place. We had lots of fun playing "I spy" over there.
the house was perfect for us . it worked out great. Linda was very accommodating, wifi would be nice though.
We stayed in the cottage for a week Linda was very nice but unfortunately we didn’t meet her until 4 days into our stay so had to figure out things on our own. We had been communicating via email, and since there is no wifi in the cottage – this was somewhat challenging.
The cottage is located in a lovely garden and is quiet & private. It does need a fair bit of work – the fridge/freezer door handles had broken off so the only way to open it was to pull on the top of the door, the dryer didn’t work – it was unplugged, we plugged it back in only to discover it didn’t work – an out of order sign would have been nice., Linda did offer to dry our clothes but as I mentioned earlier that was 4 days into our stay. We didn’t even try the dishwasher – the racks were rusty. There is a lot of ‘stuff’ in the cupboards & closets that really needs to be purged – clothes, expired food left by previous renters etc. and things that really should have been there – a salad bowl, plastic wrap, pepper - weren’t.
The cabinet door handles & other surfaces were greasy & dirty – I made the mistake of touching the top of the microwave and it was disgusting.
It smelled musty (probably the wall to wall carpet in a humid environment) and there were only wires hanging from the ceiling where smoke detectors should have been.
The towels were better suited to a car wash. I’m okay with assorted colours/sizes but these were stained & frayed – they were disgusting. The bed linens & chair upholstery all needed replacing as well.
Linda was so accommodating to me and very flexible. I had everything I needed and the property was filled with fruit trees for the picking. I have family on the island and I feel so fortunate to know I have a place to return to to call home. I highly recommend Ku'ylei Hale!
First let me preface by saying my wife and I are pretty easy going people with normal travel expectations.
We stayed 3 nights in late April at Kuulei Hale
• I got in the shower after a long day and immediately noticed 2 shower curtains (?) and the inside one was very moldy and gross at the bottom.
• Both the washing machine and dryer still had laundry in them (the washing machine stuff was still damp).
• The master bedroom had a comfortable bed, and window shades THAT WORKED. We used both bedrooms. The second bedroom's bed was very hard, the window shades where completely non functioning-old, broken and held together with string in the open position only. It's hot back there when afternoon sun shines in.
• The floor fan in the guest bedroom was broken-the fan was broken off the stand and hanging to the side-I had to push it against a lamp to have it "aim" at me to work.
• I then tried the lights, one of the bulbs was unscrewed on living room lamp, and the light on the ceiling fan was out, so I got on a chair-removed the lamp shade and lo and behold the bulb was also loose. Odd that 2 lamps had bulbs partially unscrewed... ?
• Refrigerator handle was broken and hard to open-and the inside was not cleaned with leftover partially eaten food *We noticed the ceiling fan blades in the living room were filthy.
After calling Linda to let her know we had arrived, she came over with some flowers, she promptly went to the bathroom and removed the shower curtain, we had not mentioned it yet so she new how moldy it was. We told her there was laundry in the washer and dryer. Obviously she was not ready for guests.
• I showed her the broken fan and while we were talking about how it was broken, and she asked me why I had it on....? She then followed me down the hall turning off lights as we went, very concerned about the use of energy. We turn lights of at home but it was very uncomfortable for me.
• Asked not to use the outdoor lights, but we insisted on leaving a light on at night because it was a pitch black road-honestly!
• She wants you to scrape food off your "to go" stuff and wash it-really? Wants to keep the critters out I know but too bad its garbage!
• Cleaning fee...-It's like she wasn't expecting us maybe...?
The price is very reasonable for a house and the front room is comfortable (could use a couch for a nap as back rooms are sweltering in afternoon), kitchen is fair and Linda is a nice enough person.
Linda met us and showed us to her lovely 3 bdrm. Our original vacation rental fell through last min and Linda saved our vacation. Papaya grew right out the front door the frogs were very soothing after a busy day n the house was very close to volcano national park and shoping but far enough from the busyness. We stayed for 2 weeks n had a blast thank you Linda:)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||$25|
FREE night special! For bookings longer 7 nights than receive one free night!
Visits close by, Rainbow falls The warm ponds at Pohoiki, Surfing at several nearby beaches, Spear Fishing the famous Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut farm. Also visit the steam vents for an awesome natural sauna. Lush botanical gardens are also on site~~~ Please ask about our special fruit tree and botanical garden tour.