The Cassoday Cottage is a fully equipped home located on the edge of the tiny country town of Cassoday, population 130 in the Flint Hills.
• Central Heat and air for your convince. The control is located in the hallway.
• Part of the Cottage was built between 1910 and 1913, however it has been updated. The Cottage is right at 1000 square feet, however it offers two bed rooms on the main floor with a bedroom in the loft. Queen and full size beds are located on lower level and a queen futon in loft with securely attached wooden ladder access.
• A flat screen TV is available in the master bedroom with Satellite that also plays DVD’s. Remote is located in the night stand of master bedroom. Over 100 movies are located in ketch green cupboard in the Living room for your use.
• Stereo with surround sound that is equipped with a CD player located in the hallway and most all radio stations can be located.
• The Cottage is fully equipped with all the tools you would need to cook: Braun drip electric coffee maker, with filters in drawer, French press, utensils, plates, silver, skillets, pots, and pans, bowls, frig, freezer with fresh ice, full size 1950’s stove, portable dishwasher, double sink, plenty of bath towels, linens, and a washer and dryer.
• We are pet friendly and have a huge dog door located in the kitchen that opens up to a securely fenced-in XL back yard. We go to great efforts to assure the safety of your pets. Neighboring horses can been seen from the back sliding glass door and a small deck is attached to the back of the cottage for relaxing and bird watching. We also have room to house several horses with a hay feeder in a large fenced in dry lot along with access to an acre of horse friendly fencing and grasses, plenty of fresh water and a water tub. An extra fee may apply for those who bring their equine friends.
• Cassoday is located on a the MAIN LINE OF THE RAILROAD with multiple crossing. For you train buffs, grab a blanket and head across the highway to watch the train’s wiz through or watch them from the kitchen window. For you light sleepers, you may want to bring ear plugs or they are provided and located in the medicine cabinet. The trains are many and sound there horn.
• Sorry there isn’t any Wi-Fi available at the Cottage, however if your phone is smart enough you should be able to send and receive texts, email, and use the internet. Cell phone reception should work fine, if not you can drive north on 177 up the hill and pull over next to the toll booth area or try travel North to Matfield Green 10 miles, "The Bank," (that is not actually a bank,) is equipped with free Wi-Fi or travel to El Dorado that is to the south of Cassoday approximately 23 miles and you will find several coffee shops that offer service.
• We ask that when you leave you turn the heat down to 50 and adjust the AC to 77. Cleaning staff will remove trash from the outside dumpsters and wash bedding. Thanks for doing the dishes.
Soaring and diving from hilltop to valley along one of the quiet country highways through the Flint Hills will quickly challenge your notions of prairie. Flat? Not here. Empty? Not if you look closely. The continent's largest remaining tract of tallgrass is also one of America's unique places, harboring a wealth of adventure, beauty, and history. The region's sweeping horizons and carpets of wildflowers captivate artists and enchant visitors. The Flint Hills are an incredible, wonderful, almost magical place. There's no other place like it.
I will leave information that even the travel industry is unaware of regarding off the grid type of adventures that you may choose to enjoy. Most of all, enjoy your time and space.