This houseboat is comfortable place with all you will need - no amenity lost. Full kitchen, living space with sleeper sofa and table, bathroom with hot shower and functioning toilet, wall heaters for cozy nights, 2 double size beds, and a double sleeper sofa. Comfortably accommodates 6 people.
As for living on a boat, there is little like it, and I suggest you try it out. You might be looking at some shwanky pad as well, and that would be great, but this is a cool experience, a piece of Seattle history you should wear for a few days when you can. It's an opportunity to be around the mayhem that is water life during the day, and the peace and tranquility that floating can be at night.
- 2 double beds
- 1 full size sleeper sofa
- 1 full size blow up mattress and sheets available
- Sleeps 6 on the above furniture pieces
- 6 total overnight guests allowed
- Full kitchen (refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, coffee maker, kitchen essentials)
- Heated (3 wall heaters)
- Full bathroom (shower, toilet, sink)
- Wireless Internet
- Kid Friendly
- Indoor and outdoor breakfast/eating nook
- Deck and roof lounge area
- Propane BBQ
- Parking out front the marina office building at a cost of $1 per hour. Weekdays, it is free before 9 am and after 4 pm. Weekends are free as well. Note: due to guest parking passes being taken by guests repeatedly, they are no longer available.
- 3 kayaks - first come, first serve. No reservations available.
You will have access to the place all yourself. I will have shower items for you, towels, sheets, etc.
Access to the boat is via a self-checkin process. All access and reservation instructions will be included in the confirmation page after booking.
Interaction with Guests
Just a phone call away for whatever you need.
The area sits conveniently close to downtown Seattle and tucked between Fremont and Ballard. For those checking out the city, this is a great location. For those on business, also super convenient and comfortable. The closest grocery store is about a mile away in Fremont (PCC) so keep that in mind.
Other Things to Note
- It's important to know that this is a boat and not a house, and that's its charm. While it does have everything you will need, its not like living in a house - doors are smaller, toilets are funny, stairs are steep, and sometimes the boat rocks.
- The ceiling height is not standard, max 7', plus there are a few smaller accesses to different parts of the house. If you are very tall, you may find this irritating. The stairs to the 2nd floor are steep and narrow as well. If you have physical difficulties, this may not be the best match.
- On occasion the toilet holding tank does get filled and it unable to be pumped on weekends. There are bathrooms at the marina for use, which I encourage. I will not offer any refunds if the holding tank does fill and is unable to be pumped. Of course, we will do our best, but there are limitations.
- I have 3 kayaks available first come, first serve.
- There is a little cafe at the marina which does has WIFI, coffee, beer, wine. It is not open weekends.
- You will also receive full check-in instructions and the house manual before your arrival.
Upon your departure please complete the following tasks:
▪ Place bed sheets and used towels on top of the bed
▪ Turn off all heating elements
▪ Load the dishwasher and start it to run
▪ Close and lock all windows and doors
▪ Wipe surfaces
▪ Empty the refrigerator and freezer of any personal items
▪ Collect trash and recycling and leave on the boat
▪ Leave the boat and marina keys in the key box on the gate, relock the box
Rutabaga Houseboat Rules
• Please do not wander the docks and pear or peak into other boats.
• Children - Must be kept at close attention at all times
• Guests - Only 2 guests are permitted on Rutabaga Houseboat during the day time, beyond the 6 maximum registered guests.
• Pets - Pets are not allowed.
No social gatherings are allowed. Any gatherings will disturb neighbors and violate marina rules. If guest is found to be hosting any type of social gathering, eviction will occur, and a charge equal to the amount of the security deposit will be applied.
No smoking is allowed in the houseboat or marina area. You may smoke outside in the marina parking lot, at least 20 feet away from open windows or doors. Please dispose of cigarette butts in trash cans.
• Smoking Fee - $250
Please take off your shoes when entering. Normal wear and tear on the floor surfaces is expected, but if there is excessive dirt, stains or spills you will be charged additional cleaning and/or repair fees.
Inappropriate behavior such as loud and/or vulgar language and/or drunkenness is strictly prohibited. If guest is found to be engaging in inappropriate behavior eviction will occur, and a charge equal to the amount of the security deposit will be applied. Security deposit and remaining room and tax will also be forfeited.
Turn off lights, television and heaters when not in use.
Do not intentionally destroy, deface, impair or remove any part of the property, equipment, furniture or furnishings. Compensation will be sought for damaged or missing items.
All homes, houseboats, and boats in the marina are private property. Please stay on walking paths, paved roads and roadsides.
All garbage is to be bagged and placed in the outside garbage bin behind the marina office. Please limit to one bag of garbage per day. Any garbage exceeding this amount must be disposed of elsewhere.
The property will be cleaned after departure. Tenant is responsible for any additional housekeeping charges due to carelessness, obscene conditions, failure to return furniture in original position, not following check- out instructions and/or pets. Additional Housekeeping Fee – as required; minimum $150.
Pets and Animals
Pets - Pets are not allowed on Rutabaga Houseboat. If guest is found to have violated this room, immediate eviction will occur. A charge equal to the amount of the security deposit will be applied. NO EXCEPTIONS.
DO NOT use any products other than water and soap to remove a stain because certain products will stain the carpets.
No refunds will be given due to inclement weather or malfunctions in equipment (heaters, electricity shut off, water shut off, stove, WiFi).
Waterworks Marina Rules
Jicama Houseboat is moored on the premises of Waterworks Offices and Marina, below are the marina rules that must be adhered to:
1. Respect the privacy of all other tenants on the Marina. No one is allowed to wander the docks.
2. Alcohol may only be consumed on the vessel. There is to be no alcohol on the docks.
3. Noise complaints from any source may result in immediate termination of your stay.
4. Put absolutely nothing into the lake. No garbage. No food. No liquids.
5. Smoking is not permitted in the marina.
6. Fires and fireworks are not permitted in the marina.
7. All garbage is to be bagged and placed in the outside garbage bin behind the marina office.
8. Bathroom and garbage facilities are available at the marina. Should guests damage any portion of these premises, guest will be held financially liable for all repairs.
9. No signs may be posted on any property or lot.
10. Any violation of applicable laws may result in immediate termination of your stay.
Any violation of applicable laws may result in immediate termination of your stay.
Please be aware that each violation of any of these rules, or other rules outlined elsewhere, will result in a minimum fine of $200 per incident.