Originally built in 1690, villa is an elegantly renovated Georgian property with lovingly restored original features, inviting guests to relax in sumptuous surroundings without sacrificing any of the benefits of modern technology and contemporary comforts! With 1.5 acres of mature gardens to enjoy (including a large terrace and a full size grass tennis court) there are also four acres of paddock, stables and orchards if you feel like horse riding (or maybe trying your hand at scrumping).
The house sleeps up to twenty people with eight bedrooms and a further two dressing rooms available to be converted to sleep an additional four guests on request. villa also boasts a 12-foot swim spa and hot tub, a games room with pool table, a cinema with a 3-metre wide screen, 100-foot master suite with an exquisite bathroom, and two of the remaining seven bedrooms also boast spa baths, plus four spacious reception rooms. There's plenty of room and amenities for everyone to enjoy exactly the kind of holiday they're looking for, whether that's a wellness break, something a bit more active to just pure relaxation from morning to night!
Good news! This property is available as a Vill’otelYey! Wait… what is that?
It’s the perfect combo of the privacy of your own personal villa, with all the luxury and convenience of a hotel. What’s included?
Breakfast, cleaning, welcome drinks and hamper, plus more! Check the Extras tab for all the details.
villa is set in a quiet and private village location. The old market town of Ashby de la Zouch is 5 minutes away and provides a great selection of shopping, sports and entertainment facilities.
The cities of Birmingham, Leicester, Burton upon Trent, Derby and Nottingham are all less than 30 minutes away. The village is very well placed for connections to the M42, M1, M6 and M40 motorway networks, and East Midlands Airport and Birmingham Airport/International railway station are both about 20 minutes away. There are three trains per hour direct from Birmingham International to London Euston, a journey which only takes 70 minutes and makes a day trip into London an exciting and easy prospect!
villa offers two spacious entrance halls to meet and greet guests, and two lovely and welcoming sitting rooms with beautiful views over the courtyard and the gardens. A large, 10-seater antique table in the dining room provides ample space for a more formal eating experience.
The kitchen (along with an adjoining orangery) form the heart of this home, offering both a breakfast bar and full dining area. In the handmade, bespoke solid timber kitchen is a central island, Star Galaxy granite work-surfaces, range cooker with induction hob, full size American fridge freezer, two integral dishwashers, double butler sink, instant hot water tap, integral steam cooker and warming drawer, solid oak floors, Victorian leaded light windows, multi-fuel stove, TV and internet point. It's perfect for cooking yourself and friends a fantastic meal or all other kinds of entertaining!
The handmade solid timber Orangery is fully double glazed, south facing, and creates an amazing room that can be used all year round, offering wonderful views of the terrace and gardens. Two sets of French doors lead to the terrace and gardens. In summer, fling the doors wide open and enjoy the whole space as it was meant to be enjoyed!
Master bedroom suite: This hugely impressive 100-foot long room has two dressing rooms and an en-suite bathroom. One of the dressing rooms can also be used as a further bedroom (thanks to the double sofa bed) or nursery for younger visitors. This beautiful room features original exposed beams, a Victorian open fireplace and dual aspect views over the garden and courtyard through Victorian leaded light windows. The en-suite has been carefully designed for two, including a double Jacuzzi whirlpool bath, a walk in double power shower, double sink and vanity unit, WC and airing cupboard. Ceramic tiled floor and Victorian leaded light windows give a great view overlooking the courtyard. This is basically the room that everybody's going to be fighting over!
- Kids bedroom: Once the apple store, this room is perfect for the kids. It sleeps six and has access from the spiral staircase in the formal living room.
- Three further large bedrooms, two with Victorian fireplaces. These rooms can be one super-king or two singles.
- There are two further bathrooms on the first floor, including an oversized Jacuzzi whirlpool bath, a walk-in double power shower (which can also be used as a steam cabin with foot massager), double sink with fully fitted units and granite surfaces, WC and airing cupboard. Ceramic tiled floor, original Victorian fireplace and leaded light windows overlook the courtyard.
- Two bedrooms that can be used as doubles, or for two people sharing as singles
- Luxury shower room
- Large landing with a double sofa bed for additional sleeping if necessary
- Games room with a full-size pool table
- Two cloakrooms with a WC
- Snug: the oldest part of the house, dating back to 1690. Original exposed beams, travertine floor and Victorian windows - the ideal place if you've got a glass of wine and a good book to read.
- Then there's the cinema! A full home theatre with eight reclining seats and a 9.1 surround sound speaker system. A range of Blu-rays are available, or you can of course bring your own!
- Approximately 1.5 acres of formal gardens including a full-size grass tennis court
- Garden summer house with 12-foot heated swim spa
- Approximately 3.8 acres of paddocks and fruit orchard
- Spectacular country views
- Outside BBQ and dining area
- Three garden tables and benches
- Reclining garden chairs
- Large trampoline
- Basketball net
- Tree swing
Arrival time: 4.00 pm
Departure time: 10.00 am
Energy costs included?: Yes
Heating costs included?: Yes
End of stay cleaning included?: Yes
Linen & towels included?: Yes
Pets welcome?: No
Smoking Allowed?: No
Security deposit: £1000 payable to the owner prior to arrival
Maid Service Available
This is a beautiful 8 bedroom property located in England, United Kingdom.
This villa, in Donisthorpe, is a comfortable property sleeping 20 people.
The property has 4 bathrooms.
The villa offers superb accommodation, including modern luxuries such as internet access, DVD player and central heating.
You can easily kick back and relax, making use of its great facilities.
This wonderful villa does not allow pets.
The villa unfortunately does not currently have disabled access.
If you’re interested in staying in this lovely villa for your dream holiday, get in touch with the Travelopo team today!
This property has the following amenities:
DVD player, games facilities, internet access