A classic Welsh period property with exposed stonework and a wood
burner stove, Melin Pandy is the perfect setting for your countryside
holiday in North Wales. This renovated millhouse is surrounded by ample
lush grounds, and even has a small private gravel beach by the river
and its very own enchanting waterfall.The house accommodates 10 guests,
so there is plenty of room for your family and friends. Just 2 1/2
miles from the city and lively village of Betws y Coed with its shops,
cafes and many attractions and amenities, this property is located up a
quiet and secluded lane. If you're looking for a holiday with a touch
of fairy magic, and plenty of riverside and woodland paths ideal for
tranquil strolls, then this is the place for you.
* Size – sleeps 10 in four bedrooms.
* Beds – one king size bed, two double beds, two bunkbeds.
* Rooms – ground floor – kitchen diner, lounge, second lounge,
bathroom, utility room. First floor- king size bedroom, double
bedroom, double bunk bedroom, bathroom, double bedroom.
* Kitchen and utilities- range-style electric cooker and hobs,
fridge, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine, tumble dryer, large
double fridge freezer, iron and ironing board.
* Entertainment- 55 inch 3D curved satellite TV with surround sound
and DVD plus video. Second satellite TV and integral DVD, books.
* For families – cot and high chair provided on request. Please bring
your own cot linen.
* Outside – terraced grounds extending towards a waterfall with
gravel riverside beach. Gas barbecue, picnic table and chairs,
outside lighting, additional chairs and loungers. Sites of special
scientific interest nearby, as the owners have renovated a mill
near the house to generate hydroelectricity. There is a path that
leads from the cottage down to the waterfall.
* Parking – Ample parking available.
* General – electricity and central heating included. Linen and
towels provided. Starter stock of logs and coal provided free of
charge. Wi-Fi available. Fishing available for £20 per day at the
owners’ private lake, which is 5 acres and is just 20 minutes away.
The lake is stocked with large brown trout. Private fishing on the
river Alwen can also be arranged, though a licence is required for
this. Flyfish coaching available from owner, who is a national
instructor on single and double handed rod techniques. Details can
be obtained on request.
* Pets – up to 2 pets, and can accommodate more if requested. There
is an additional charge of £20 per pet. Please ensure that dogs are
only allowed access to the lounge and kitchen / dining areas. Dogs
are not allowed on furniture or upstairs.
* Notes- This property has a £150 good housekeeping refundable bond,
which is payable to Wales Cottage Holidays along with the balance
of your holiday. Alternatively, you can waiver this bond by paying
a non-refundable fee of £5 per person instead.
Pets information: Pets are allowed at this property by prior
arrangement only. Extra charge may be payable (from £25 to £70 per pet
per week). Please contact the holiday cottage agency directly after
booking to arrange.