The recently restored accommodation (Gite and Annex) is comfortably equipped to modern standards and can accommodate up to 10 people. The Gite and Annex can be rented together or separately.
The Gite comprises a spacious lounge with fully equipped kitchen area ( dishwasher, washing machine etc). There are two bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and if required, the sofa in the lounge can sleep another two persons. Adjacent to the gite is a large terrace with barbecue.
The Annex offers simple but comfortable accommodation comprising one spacious bedroom with a double bed and two single beds, bathroom and a kitchen/ dining room. There is a terrace outside the Annex which overlooks the valley.
There is a swimming pool for guests which overlooks the valley.
Can Tillet: Can Tillet is a farm in a beautiful isolated, rural area in the foothills of the Pyrenees. The farm is perched above the village of La Bastide and is at an altitude of 950m. Occasionally at dusk you can catch glimpses of wild boar, deer and bewildered hares as they cross the deserted country roads. It is located between the snow capped mountains of the Pyrenees and the Mediterranean coastline. The culture is Catalan and this is clearly visible in the architecture and the cuisine.
The Gîte is newly renovated and is close to the main farmhouse. It has stunning views across the valley all the way to the distant coastline.The Annex is attached to the main farmhouse and is an excellent base for the active holidaymaker. The terrace looks out across the valley.Bring your own horse – stable/ paddock rental available. There is a swimming pool that overlooks the valley.
Activities: Land: Mushroom forays, Mountain bicycling, Horseback riding, Hiking - trekking, Tennis.
Interests: Photography, Flora and Fauna observation.
Things to do:
- Horse riding available in La Bastide, the nearest village.
- Bird watching
- Numerous village fêtes in summer.
- Mountain Biking
- Bar/restaurant in La Bastide our nearest village
-Two restaurants in the nearby village of St Marsal
- Restaurant in Boule D'Amont which is a lovely little village about 10km from us. Small river runs through the village an is an ideal spot for picnics.
Interesting Places: We are fortunate be located in an area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoy the mountains or take advantage of the beaches that are just over an hours drive away.
-The Canigou-is only a days hike on the GR10
-The ruins of the Chateu de Belpuig and the 11th century Chapel of the Trinity are located in nearby Prunet-et-Belpuig.
- The Priory of Serrabonne is 20 minutes drive or a morning’s hike from the gite and is well worth a visit.
- Just outside the village of St Marsal there are three dolmens and various other historic sites.
- Spain – the frontier is an hour from the Gîte and the Dali Museum in Figures is only an hour an a half away.
Explore the region and visit
-The Forts or Citadels of Vauban
- The fortified town of Villefranche-de-Conflent
- Tha Cathar Châteaux
- The artists’ town of Collioure
- The “Citée des Peintres”
- The churches and chapels with their magnificent altars.
- The Abbey of Saint-Martin du Canigou