Quinta da Nasce Água owes its name to the natural spring of water that it keeps in its lands.
It was originally a Rustic Farm, fertile and productive. In Century XVI was established in bond by Rui Dias de Sampaio and, at the end of this one, was inherited by its daughter, the one of its marriage with Luis Homem da Costa Noronha.
Around the XVIII Century, the renewed Water Birth receives in its house of Faustosa Field the Governor General of the Azores, D. Diniz Gregório de Mello and Castro. At this time, there were farmland, orchards, orchards, herbs and medicinal herbs.
of vines and flowers.
Later on, Brigadier Inacio de Castil Branco adhered to the new trends of the 19th century, planting exotic flowers, building the large lake, creating terraced gardens with a bowl of water, implanting windmills and creating a luxury garden. It thus significantly transforms the Quinta, opening it up to the curiosity of the public. The House, with the moth that it exhibits at the moment, was constructed in 1899 by Emídio Lino da Silva, in the style characteristic of this time.