About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
1 bed, sleeps 2, great location in the resort of Shanklin, near a golden beach
Fir is a generously proportioned apartment in Dove Court, which was originally a Victorian “gentleman’s residence” in the popular resort of Shanklin on the Isle of Wight. It has 1 bedroom and can comfortably accommodate 2 people plus a baby.
During 2017, the building was refurbished to a high standard to form five spacious holiday apartments. While retaining much of its external Victorian grandeur, the inside has been designed by an architect to form light and airy living spaces with a contemporary feel. Dove Court occupies a large corner plot and enjoys an open aspect in all directions, with views of the pretty seaside town of Shanklin to the downs.
Search for Vectis Holiday Homes on your web browser for more info and to book at the best price plus ferry discounts. During the school summer holiday our change over day is Friday and our minimum stay is seven days. However we offer short breaks at all other times with a minimum stay of three days.
Fir is a ground floor apartment with easy access (no steps). The facilities include:
• An allocated parking space
• Furnished patio with views over the town, accessed via French doors from both the lounge and bedroom.
• Access to bike storage
• Free WiFi
• Contemporary kitchen
• Full height fridge/freezer
• Electric oven and hob
• Living area with leather reclining sofa, dining suite, 40″ TV & French doors to the patio
• Modern electric radiators.
• Bedroom with king size bed, 24” TV & French doors to the patio
• Bathroom with large walk in shower, vanity basin, WC and heated towel rail.
• Towels included
• 100% cotton bed linen
• Anti-allergy duvets and pillows
The location is excellent, close to the town, Downs and beach, and suitable for families:
• 5 minute walk to Shanklin Seafront with its golden beach, mini golf, amusement arcades, beach cafés, pubs and restaurants.
• 5 minute walk to Shanklin’s main shopping area, railway station, and bus station.
• 7 minute walk to Shanklin Old Village with its characterful pubs, restaurants and gift shops.
• 3 minute walk to the cliff path which leads to the resort of Sandown, with hotels and cafés along the way.
This is a no smoking apartment. Unfortunately, we can't accept pets.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- Calendar last updated:
- May 2, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
The quaint pubs and restaurants of Shanklin Old Village are within a short walk, plus there are more places to relax over a drink or meal along Shanklin Seafront, and dotted along the revetment between Shanklin and Sandown. Shanklin Chine is a beauty spot which has fascinated artists and authors through the ages. This picturesque Chine reaches from Shanklin Old Village out to the sandy beach and has a waterfall, luscious greenery and dramatic high trees. There’s lots to do for families, including a visit to Rylstone Gardens for crazy golf, or head for the golden beaches at Shanklin and Sandown for a ‘bucket and spades’ holiday experience.