Included amenities: Wifi, Welcome Pack, Toiletries, Area Tips, Cleaning, Fridge Fill Service, Cafetiere, 24/7 Support.
The low down:
Between Chelsea’s chic King’s Road and the grand museums of Kensington runs a network of grand squares and winding back streets. And it’s down one of these cobbled lanes that you’ll find Ensor Mews, a traditional mews house, shyly resplendent in the most delicate cobalt blue. Inside, the rooms are petite perfection, with a definite Shaker feel in the pale walls, exposed beams and wooden floors.Though in the sitting room you won't wish to do much moving and shaking, with a refined armchair and cosy sofa to choose from, and shelves of books within reach.
On the hoof:
Your hostess is from Cologne, and has lived at Ensor Mews ever since university. She loves the location of her home, and, given that she’s within walking distance of Hyde Park and the shops and restaurants of both Kensington and Chelsea, we can absolutely see why.
The sitting room’s wood panelled fireplace is calm and country, and you can choose between curling up in front of the TV and enjoying your hostess’ collection of tomes. The eat-in kitchen seats six, and you’ll find everything you need to create a delicious dinner within the sleek new units.
And, upstairs, the master bedroom will have you lowing with pleasure. A chandelier twinkles beneath the exposed beams of the roof, a Friesian friend watches from the wall, and next door, you’ve a dressing area and a neat en suite. There’s another cow standing guard from the mezzanine in the second bedroom, a classically pretty family bathroom, while the third bedroom doubles as a study.:
Where do you even begin? Perhaps with a day out at one of London’s great museums, just a handful of minutes away, or maybe a morning rowing on the Serpentine? Hit the shops on Chelsea’s King’s Road or High Street Kensington, or graze in your many fabulous local restaurants. And if you want to go into town, the tube from South Kensington to Piccadilly Circus takes a mere eight minutes.:
- Since the onefinestay photoshoot, the dining chairs have been replaced with new ones. We'll be taking new photographs soon.
- Please note that the tv in the master bedroom benefits from a dvd player but does not have live tv channels.
- There is a trundle bed in the second bedroom which can be set up for one or two people. Please let us know when you book if you would like it prepared.
- The fireplace in the sitting room is ornamental.
- This home doesn't have air conditioning. Between june and september, we'll place fans in each bedroom. Please let us know if you'd like fans outside the summer period.