About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
This very old house of notable of the medina has a capacity of 20 people and is located at 2 steps of the Place Jemaa el Fna and the entrance of the souks
This majestic ryad offers 5 suites and 2 rooms all air-conditioned and a heatable swimming pool. The riad consists of two riads united and separated by large wooden doors, each with its patio, the pool side and the garden side.
RYAD LYLA SWIMMING POOL
Ground floor :
. Large patio with outdoor lounge under arcades overlooking the pool
. Heated pool with tanning area
. Air-conditioned living / dining room with fireplace
. The Ouared suite air-conditioned: a living room which can form a room for 2 people giving access to a double room and the room of bath with TOILET.
The air-conditioned Jouge Suite offers a spacious 35m² room with fireplace, with a magnificent painted cedar ceiling. It is decorated with a seating area in menzhée overlooking the swimming pool and a bathroom in tadelakt sand with basin of copper and marble. Following the generous volumes, ideal for a couple.
The air-conditioned duplex suite Tlata: includes a living room and a few steps lower, the double room with a fireplace and a bathroom in tadelakt.
Above, a terrace with lounge and a solarium
Ryad Lyla Garden:
On the ground floor :
- A majestic entry into a gallery serving the patio.
- The patio includes a large lounge under colonnades that opens onto the garden with oranges, bougainvillea, roses giving a taste of eden.
On 1st floor:
- Serviced by 2 stairs,
- The air-conditioned Arba suite, with its independent access, includes a large living room with period ceilings in cedar. This room can be converted into a double bedroom. The living room serves a double bedroom with its bathroom in zelliges, marble and tadelakt. It used to be the house of the master of the house. Ideal for 2 or 4 people. A plasma TV Sat. is at your disposal in this suite.
- The air-conditioned Ramsa suite on the opposite side offers a living room in gallery with the moucharabiehs opening onto the garden leading to a large room with its bathroom in zelliges with shower and toilet.
The Sta air-conditioned room, ideal for a young couple or juniors includes a small seating area, 2 single beds convertible into double bed and a bathroom in zelliges and tadelakt sand and toilet.
On 2nd floor:
- The air conditioned Sba room, with fireplace overlooking the garden, very pleasant to enjoy the sunsets on the medina. The room has 2 single beds convertible into double bed with a bathroom and toilet.
. Household linen / hair dryer
. House staff
. Daily room and riad maintenance
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 9, 2018
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Large Riad,a bit rundown in great location in the Médina
We had a 6 night stay at Riad Lyla with a family group to celebrate a birthday. The booking process was smooth and Dominique was very responsive to our requests with arranging transfers, restaurant recommendations and arrangements for in-house dinner. The other staff were also great, very gracious and responsive to our needs. The ladies prepared very generous breakfasts of a morning including fresh juice, fruit, yogurt, breads, various egg dishes along with tea and coffee- much more than we could eat.
In regards to the Riad itself the bedrooms were clean and a generous size. I would have to say that the outdoor furniture is rather shabby and not particularly clean. Several cats live at the property and the furniture certainly smelt of cat- a problem for some of us who have allergies. As the outdoor space is really the only communal areas I found this less than appealing.
Unfortunately, for our stay, there was also significant building work happening at the neighboring property. It’s was very noisy and intrusive making the use of the roof terraces very unappealing.
Overall, I would have to say that the staff were great but the property is certainly not luxurious.