About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
PRIVATE STRUCTURE. Located in the enchanting natural context of Monte Acuto, dominated by the green Umbrian hills and not far from the border with Tuscany, is Casa della Costa, a characteristic old farmhouse built on a rocky spur where peace and silence reign uncontested, in a pristine countryside with trails that extend through the fragrant Mediterranean scrub of woods of oaks, holm oaks, beeches and chestnuts. The careful restoration that was done in 2005 has kept intact the natural rustic flavour of the place, evident in the stupendous exposed stone of the exterior and of great part of the interior walls, in the characteristic sloping ceilings with wooden beams and in the hand-made terracotta tiles which cover the beautiful floors, all rendered harmonious and functional thanks to the bright furnishings of modern design. All this contributes in bestowing upon the property a unique charm, accentuated further by the garden with its almost completely natural vegetation so that the house seems to emerge from the white rocky slope of Monte Acuto with the outdoor areas seemingly “spread” along it. The lovely panoramic terrace overlooking the valley with the shaded dining and sitting areas where you can spend, from sunrise to sunset, unforgettable moments of pure relaxation, and the swimming pool set in the lower part make this home a true corner of paradise where you can lose yourselves, away from the humdrum of daily life, yet still just a short distance away from the towns of the Tiber Valley and from some of the most beautiful places of cultural and historical importance in Umbria and Tuscany, such as Perugia, Assisi, Anghiari, Cortona and Arezzo. All necessary shops and services can be found in Umbertide, also open on Sunday mornings, just 15 minutes away by car.
The house follows the natural slope of the hill and has three floors, all with easy access to the garden, connected with both internal and external stairs. The panoramic terrace on the ground floor leads to the entrance consisting of a passageway between the sitting room and the live-in kitchen, connected respectively to an outdoor relaxation area with sunbeds and umbrellas and to the cool pergola with table and chairs. From the entrance, a brick staircase leads up to the first floor composed of a master bedroom with divisible beds, outside access and en-suite bathroom with shower and tub, a double bedroom with divisible beds, walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with shower, a twin bedroom with joinable beds, an adjacent bathroom with shower, a utility room with washing machine and sink and, finally, a paved area with a little table and chairs. A typical internal brick staircase leads to the tower, located on the second floor, with a double bedroom with queensize bed with en-suite bathroom with shower and outside exit.
The house, pool and olive grove are set within a 2-acre fenced garden.The property is surrounded by typical Mediterranean scrub with woods of oaks, holm oaks, beeches and chestnuts where hares, pheasants, foxes, roe deer and squirrels roam freely. From the entrance gate, a driveway bordered by an olive grove of 60 trees leads to the large parking area. The garden spreads over several levels, following the natural slope of the hill on which the house is built and is crossed by a gravel path and stone steps that give access to every floor of the house, to the two paved terraces and to the pool area. Flowering plants like the scented jasmine that covers part of the façade, roses, geraniums, lavender, oleanders, broom and fruit trees such as figs, cherries, peaches and lemons, strawberry trees, rosemary, laurel and thyme adorn the garden. At the ground floor level, on the belvedere terrace in front of the living room, is a relaxation area with comfortable sunbeds and umbrellas where you can just relax or enjoy an apéritif while admiring the long valley below and Monte Tezio in the distance. Just outside the kitchen, a cool shaded pergola with table and chairs is the ideal place for outdoor dining. From here you have an open view over the green hills and the pool below, reachable along a flight of stone steps that also lead to the small annex and to a lawn area with a ping-pong table. Two pedestrian gates open onto pristine footpaths leading to a ruined church, the hillside and across the valley.
The pool area, located on terracing set lower than the house, is accessible from the terrace down a flight of stone steps running along the imposing natural rock wall. A paved solarium area surrounds the pool that is lined internally in pearl gray PVC with corner Roman steps for access to the water. The rectangular pool measures 10 x 5 m with a constant depth of 1,40 m; it has salt purification and an internal and external lighting system. It is equipped with sunbeds, little tables and an umbrella. A few metres from the pool, on the same level, is a small annex with a billiard table and equipped with worktop, sink and fridge. The swimming pool is open from the last Saturday of April to the first Saturday of October
Yes, € 30,00 per animal per week to be paid on site
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, french, german, spanish, russian, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
Casa della Costa is set in a great geographical location, only 15 minutes drive from Umbertide where all shops can be found, as well as the train station. The territory around the house offers visits to the magnificent art cities of Umbria such as Perugia, Gubbio, Città di Castello and Assisi and to many other tourist destinations of nearby Tuscany such as Cortona, Arezzo and Castiglione del Lago, all reachable, more or less, in an hour. For hikers or mountain bikers, there are trails just outside the property and in the gentle hills up to picturesque Lake Trasimeno or the Tiber river valley, places where you can also practice sports such as horse riding, fishing and kayaking. The nearest airport is Perugia, just 45 minutes from the house.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 100,00€ The price includes: fully cleaned property equipped with linens utilities (water - gas for kitchen use) The price does not include: electricity (on consumption up to date market prices) heating (on consumption up to date market prices) tourism tax (where applicable)