About the property
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
THIS VILLA IS AVAILABLE ALSO IN 8+2 SLEEPS VERSION.
CONTACT THE PROPERTY MANAGER.
Ca Maggiore is the result of the recent renovation and enhancement of an authentic 17th century Leopoldine villa, preserving the original structure with square dovecote turret and portico surmounted by typical loggia on the first floor. In the beautiful and spacious rooms coexist elements of traditional architecture salvaged from the old structure, elegant and functional furnishings, handcrafted accessories and details and a splendid modern, fully-equipped kitchen. The property, with a wonderful view over the surrounding hilly countryside and vineyards and just 800 metres from the lively borgo of Castiglion Fibocchi, is ideal for those who enjoy walking as the restaurants, bars and supermarket are all just a few minutes away. Located in the upper Valdarno, in a hilly area of great natural relevance just outside the Chianti zone, it will prove to be the ideal base for visiting the lovely Park of the Foreste Casentinesi, the Pratomagno, the area of the balze (crags) and the many artistic spots in the area, like the towns of Siena, Florence and Arezzo, this latter just 15 km away.
The property consists of the villa and an annex located in front of it. VILLA. It has two floors, plus a turret, connected by an internal staircase. The ground floor is composed of the common area; the main entrance, under the portico, leads into the dining room, connected on the right to the living room and on the left to a big kitchen which, as well as having direct access to the outside, leads to the laundry room, utility room/pantry and a bathroom with shower. Continuing on from the dining room, you come to the TV room and a large hallway with stairwell leading up to the first floor which consists of a sitting room with sofas and fireplace and with access out to the panoramic outdoor loggia, a bedroom with two queensize beds with ensuite bathroom with shower and three double bedrooms, two with ensuite bathroom with shower. The last bedroom with double bed is in the turret and is reachable through a steep wooden staircase. ANNEX. It has two floors; on the ground floor is the living room with sofa and piano while on the top floor is a double bedroom and a bathroom with shower.
In the 10.000 sq mt of completely enclosed park is a large olive grove (suitable for strolling in) and a rich flat lawned garden, bordered by bushes of red roses and herbs. In the immediate vicinity of the two houses, and in front of the pool area, is a shady paved area, suitable for alfresco dining, while immediately after the entrance gate is the easily accessed parking area.
Framed by screens of olives and vines and with a view over the hills, the swimming pool lies in an area of the garden reached up five steps and across the lawn surrounding it. Rectangular-shaped, it measures 4.5 x 11m with the depth varying from 1.20 to 1.80 m: it is lined in PVC, has chlorine purification, internal lights and steps running along one of the two short sides. Along the edge, paved with stone slabs, is the sunbathing area, equipped with sunbeds and umbrellas. A flight of steps leads down to a basement room with bathroom with shower and changing room. The pool is open from the last Saturday of April to the first Saturday of October.
Yes, no cats allowed. € 30,00 per animal per week to be paid on site
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, french, german, spanish, russian, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 10, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
Canceled bookings will not receive a refund
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
Thanks to its geographical position in the heart of Tuscany, Ca Maggiore is the perfect location and an ideal departure point for exploring the most important historical and cultural centres of the region. It is located just 800 m from the borgo of Castiglion Fibocchi, where shops, supermarkets and restaurants can be found, as well as a riding school. The presence of a bus stop in the village also makes it easy to travel to the town of Arezzo. We are in the area of the Valdarno, a hilly region located between the towns of Florence and Arezzo, crossed by the River Arno and bounded on the northeast by the massif of Pratomagno and on the southwest by the territory of Chianti. The Valdarno is characterized by the great variety of landscapes that you meet while crossing it and, above all, by the presence of the so-called balze (crags), rock erosions that were formed following the drying up of a large lake that covered the Arno valley, which many believe were portrayed in the backgrounds of the paintings of the great Leonardo da Vinci. A short distance from the property, along the Via Setteponti, the old road between Arezzo and Vallombrosa, are numerous CAI (Club Alpino Italiano = Italian Alpine Club) paths that allow you to explore on foot or by mountain bike the whole area of the balze, dotted with numerous rural buildings and Romanesque churches that testify to the presence of human settlements since the times of the Romans and the Etruscans, thanks to the fertile land and the wealth of fauna that has always characterized the area. Well served by both the A1 motorway (exit Arezzo for those coming from Rome, exit Valdarno for those coming from Florence) and the railway line that connects Arezzo (the station is 15 km away) with Rome and Florence, the property is thus an excellent departure point for visiting the principal art cities of Tuscany, like Arezzo (15 km), Siena (60 km) and Florence (67 km) as well as the area of the best known red wines in the world: Brunello di Montalcino and Chianti Classico, respectively just an hour and a half-hour drive away.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 900.00 € Security deposit payment: Pay cash on arrival The price includes: fully cleaned property equipped with linens utilities (water - gas for kitchen use) The price does not include: electricity (€ 200,00/week in low season and in medium season; € 250,00/week in high season) heating (on consumption up to date market prices) tourism tax (where applicable)