Three Bedroom House, Sleeps 4
Mr Marsdens Cottage Holidays
Nice size cottage in his centre of Lynton. We would go back for a winter/spring break
The owners need to read the comments their visitors have left because they are repetitive... by this we mean the wood burner needs a service as you can’t close it down . We had to open the doors to heat the room this is not what we expected (having had wood burning stoves ourselves).
Bedding was nice and clean ,as was the rest of the house, milk in the fridge biscuit and tea for arrival nice touch. It would be good to have a free cupboard to put our own groceries (didn’t want to move things around to make room)
Maybe typed instructions for how to use the shower would be easier also the oven.
The beds are small doubles so expect to be cosy with your partner.
We would like to know if the rubbish should be separated for recycling!
No water pressure in the shower or it went hot and cold!
If these thing were corrected or at least looked at we would definitely come back.
We will see what other reviewers say in the future before we rebook (to see if the little things are rectified)
Be carefully going in and out of the bathroom as there is a small step and the stairs are so dark in colour it is hard to see the steps, is tread carefully.
Have one controller for the tv/box to make it easier (tune the tv with the box )
Relaxing, comfortable and spacious cottage - great for a getaway!
Had a really great two night stay at The Smithy. The cottage is well equipped and really cozy with plenty of room for four people. Good walks around the local area and some nice friendly pubs offering good food.
Nice venue in the centre of Lynton
We liked being in the middle of town. The location is very quiet.
* There are serious gaps in the front and side doors, making the downstairs a little chilly
* Not providing logs for the fire place seems a little mean. The only shop selling logs is the petrol station a couple of miles south of Lynton.
* We couldn't get the TV (with Humax) or DVD player to work. The owner could consider replacing all of this kit with a single integrated unit.
* The lounge area could do with some stronger free standing spotlights, as we found the room a little too dark for easy reading
* There is no outside garden, so this place is not great for summer vacations if you like sitting outside.
* Replace the outside key safe - we almost gave up trying to get access even when the right number sequence was in place
* the white post & chain across the pathway to the house is barely visible at night, and is an accident waiting to happen
* Foodies wanting to self cater should consider bringing stuff with them, as there are no decent food shops in Lynton
Bezauberndes Cottage mit allem Komfort und fabelhafter Ausstattung!
Das Old Smithy ist ein Cottage zum Träumen, es lässt hinsichtlich des Komforts, der Ausstattung, der gemütlichen Atmosphäre und Lage keinerlei Wünsche offen. Die gesamte Organisation inkl. der Parkgelegenheiten in unmittelbarer Nähe war perfekt. Vielen Dank!