Welcome to our traditional cottage. Fully redecorated and newly furnished in June 2017, it is located just off pretty Clifton Green with its independent tea & cake shop, butcher, supermarket and chemist. Only 5 minutes walk to the river and 10 minutes walk from Bootham Bar (city gate) with its cobbled streets, range of historic pubs and shops, and the famous York Minster.
There is on-street parking in front of the house, though the street is in a controlled parking zone. We can arrange parking permits for you from the council at £4 per day. Or there are free parking options just a few minutes' walk away if you prefer.
About our house:
- Full of period features including original fireplaces.
- Furnished extremely comfortably, with good-sized beds.
- Separate living room with two sofas, flatscreen TV, DVD player, books and games.
- Separate dining room with dedicated work / desk area.
- Pretty courtyard garden that is a sun trap in the afternoon and evening.
- Fully equipped kitchen with all the utensils, crockery, glasses, pots and pans you'll ever need (we think!) as well as a kettle, toaster, microwave and other amenities.
- Bathroom toiletries, towels, bed linen etc all provided.
- Free unlimited WIFI throughout the house.
- Clifton Green is a very pretty piece of parkland, surrounded by some beautiful houses and amenities - including a supermarket (open 7am to 11pm), an independent butcher, a beautiful independent coffee and cake shop, a Boots chemist, pubs and so much more!
- It is a very peaceful area, yet is only a pleasant 10 minute walk down a road lined with historic buildings before you are at the city walls and gate. Here you can find St Mary's Abbey and Museum Gardens, a cobbled area lined with historic pubs and shops, and a further 5 minute walk to the famous (and rather impressive) York Minster.
- Alternatively, it is less than 5 minutes walk from our home to the River Ouse - you can walk along the river bank into town (a stunning walk on a beautiful day or evening).