About the property
- Bed And Breakfast193 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
Our project is born from the choice of an old building, recovered after 30 years of abandon and selected for its excellent southern exposure which maximises the sunlight, studied to reduce demolitions as much as possible and, consequently, the production of debris. "Recycling and Restoration" played the key role, reclaiming all the materials such as old wooden doors restored and placed in our breakfast area, or the shelves of the B & B entrance derived from the abandoned docks of Syracuse Harbor. From the restoration of old wooden window frames to the entire furniture which distinguishes our rooms: the bed-heads and their structures, tables manufactured with boat parts, wardrobes created with ropes and handmade rungs-ladders. The walls of the bathrooms have also been realized with wood, thermally and acoustically insulated with natural materials, as well as the floors of the entire house and the furnitures of the bathrooms. All systems have been designed to minimize consumptions: from electric, heating and water systems to separate bathroom drains or the use of natural paints for walls as well as other several choices that always highlight our will and deep respect for the environment. The same "natural philosophy" has been preferred for the copious "Bio Km 0" breakfast, for the waste recycling and also for the reduction of plastics inside the house. Our cozy rooms, which take their denominations from the names of the four winds, will make you live a new experience showing that you can live in the "VelaCatania" philosophy. We are ready and able to satisfy your desire in fact we offer you several marvelous activities at sea and on land:
- Daily sailing cruise to admire the astonishing landscape;
- Sailing courses to turn you into an expert skipper;
- Daily trips to beautiful small towns (i.e. Taormina, Cavagrande, Syracuse, Noto, Marzamemi, etc.)
For further information, please visit our website or contact us by phone
ECO BNB VELACATANIA
The project of Eco B & B Velacatania was born from the recovery of a property located in the ancient village of Catanese, selected for its excellent south exposure that maximizes the entry of sunlight, following the principles of bio-building and energy saving.
The protagonist was the "Recovery" of all the materials, such as the old wooden doors used and used for our breakfast area, the entrance shelves from the abandoned piers of the port of Syracuse, the recuperation of the old wooden exteriors, The bedspreads, the bedspreads, the tables made with boat parts, the wardrobes built with ropes and hand-made staircases, and the new thermal and acoustically insulated house walls and floors are made of wood.
Electric, water, heating, drainage of different bathrooms, to the use of natural paintings for the walls, express our idea inspired by Gandhi "Be the change you want to see in the world" We thought through our Eco B & B to let us know our lifestyle and make a small contribution to the change we would like to see.
Eco B & B Velacatania There is a strictly Bio breakfast room at Km 0, three cozy rooms with private baths that take their name from the rose of the winds.
From us you can enjoy fun activities in contact with nature:
- Daily sailing excursions to admire the beauties that surround us.
Sailboats to become seaman experts.
-Excursions daily on Etna.
- Organized daily tours (Taormina, Cavagrande, Syracuse, Noto, Marzameni ...).
If you want more information please visit our site or contact us by phone ...... ..
Why not discover the journey as a union between nature and local culture?
#Eco # B & B #Velacatania.
#agriculture #biological #eco #bicycle #food #biological #ecoturism # the footprint #ecological #saving # respect # environment #Sicily #turismo #responsible #turismo #sustainable #vacanze #viaggiare #relax
• Do not run the water unnecessarily
• Reuse what you can
• Move by bike or on foot
• Buy Bio
• Turn off the light
• Reuse old buildings
• Renovation through natural materials (wooden walls, furniture, wardrobes, sustainable painting)
• Limitation in the production of waste.
• Choice of home based on exposure (maximum less light on)
• Reuse and recovery of recovery material
• Light saving (LED lights)
• Water saving (saving mixers)
• Energy-saving heat pumps (not centralized but punctual)
• Zero km food.
• Garbage differentiated collection
• Limit waste in restructuring.
• Coatings, floors and materials (ONLY IN WOOD)
• in the internal regulations that at the time of the presentation of the room we explain that the change of towels takes place every four days, while the sheets are weekly and, except accidents, they all stick to this policy without problems. Sometimes you also find a lot of collaboration and it also happens that some summer vacationers in the morning, after showering, go down to the garden to spread their linen and read a few pages of his book in the silence of the countryside.
• Is it really a waste disposal waste for waste?
• In addition to the differentiator boxes, I hung up in the kitchen with a poster on the average percentage of waste materials inside each bag of domestic rubbish. They are small but important signs that give you an insight into the type of management and behavioral norms you invite to follow without making any pressure. In addition, the kind of relationship that comes with the guest is almost always friendly, so considering the inputs and being a topic of collective concern, the differentiated collection always becomes a good starting point for conversation.
• The goal I set for the summer season is to be able to place a water dispenser so as to eliminate a good amount of plastic due to the use of bottles. (The tap water is not always drinkable in those areas)
• In thanking our guest, I would like to know your experiences about your stays in B & B, if you have found sustainable solutions and if you are replicable in all contexts.
The benefits of these homes are many, including the main ones:
• Absolute absence of moisture as all materials used for construction are perfectly dry.
• total absence of radon gas infiltrations. In fact, materials used by their nature do not carry this poisonous gas from the ground to the surface.
• Absolute absence of formaldehyde since the wood used and the various protection treatments and any adhesives as well as the final paintings are completely natural and devoid of any toxic agent, unlike the chemically impregnated timber we find in the trade.
• Absolute anti-seismicity because the entire structure is designed and tested for earthquakes and is anchored and assembled with galvanized through bolts.
• Total absence of electrostatic discharges as these structures, entirely constructed of wooded material protected with suitable ecological fire protection, water and all wood parasites, do not reflect electromagnetic waves produced by home appliances as is normally the case with the " Conventional building.
As far as bioarchitecture and bio-building are concerned, we have roofs and insulating walls made exclusively of natural materials such as cork, wood fiber or cellulose fiber, perlite, coconut fiber, cotton, wool, hemp, Flax and cellular glass. Natural insulating materials are used, in spite of the synthetic ones, and the entire structure of the house is insulated with wood fiber panels to provide excellent thermal and acoustic insulation with double glazing frames and double or triple glazing. Only natural and eco-friendly varnishes are used for interior and exterior paintings and the kitchen usually already has different compartments for waste collection, paper (watch video), cork, plastic (watch video), glass, aluminum (see Video) and metal, ornamental or damp (watch videos), special waste such as dead batteries and medicines, and finally non-recyclable waste.
For the production of hot water there are solar collectors with circulation pump and solar collectors with integrated natural gas tank. The use of these solar collectors for hot water production is well-known since the economic return times are very fast compared to the life of the plant. Also, through a flow reducer that is easily applicable to any tap or shower, a sewage collection and utilization system and a phyto-purification system for natural wastewater purification are guaranteed a high water saving.
For cooking, there is a concentrated solar oven that can reach temperatures up to 250 °.
Solar power, photovoltaic and wind generator systems and appliances such as fridge, washing machine, television and lighting, either direct or alternating with low power consumption, are powered by photovoltaic power, From wind and solar thermal when they need hot water.
- Response time:
- within a few days
- english, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Aug 24, 2017
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.