Welcoming apartments in a farm located in an ancient farm that practices a traditional "AGRICULTURE" respecting the old agresti techniques. Dating back to the 500, in the wicked Salento, between Gallipoli and Sannicola, five minutes from the sunny Ionian beaches.
The name "Maestà", certified by documents of the State Archives, is due to the fact that the district was owned by the royal house of the Kingdom of Naples since the end of the 400th century, so that in 1833 it was visited by King Ferdinand II of Bourbon. For several decades, on horseback between 600 and 700, he belonged to the Sisters of Claudia Carmelite Scalze of Santa Teresa d'Avila, who has always been the Patron of the Contrada. It is not by chance in the masseria there is an ancient church still open to worship.
The farm then passed to the Marti y Rojo family of San Bartolomeo, who has continuously owned it, to this day.
Large open spaces, garden with olive trees, vineyards and 300 trees of various species, even rare, old and at risk of extinction.
In the morning it is nice to have breakfast under the outdoor gazebo or in the large garden with fresh fruit offered by the hosts, in a particularly ideal climate for families and for those who love to rejoin the nature.
For those who want it, they are selling wine and extra virgin olive oil directly into the estate.
The Masseria has several housing options:
The FRONT Ipogeo is precisely the place where the olives were mourned to get the precious oil. Now after careful restoration is a large, 150sqm apartment, consisting of a large living room with an attached kitchen-dining room with induction kitchen and oven and a bathroom with shower. 5 large fireplace windows, large and royal entrance, fortified walls of a meter, give the environment a fresh natural, although it is equipped with air conditioning and heating.