Lovely apartment in the heart of the Oltrarno district, 20 meters from Piazza Pitti and 200 meters from the Ponte Vecchio. It is located in the characteristic Via de 'Velluti on the second floor of a 12th century historical building, which preserves the imprint of "Ancient" Florence. Great location to visit Florence and its precious places, all within walking distance. Historical features of prestige enhance the authenticity of this place, brought to light to give you a glance at the past.
The apartment, about 30 mt, is a part of a 12th century Consulate tower of Florence which still preserves its authenticity with exposed stone walls, brick arches and even a small room that was used as a bathroom at that time.
The house, newly renovated, has:
- equipped kitchen with ceramic glass hob 4 burners, crockery and pots, table, fridge, electric kettle for preparing tea and infusions; At your disposal, there are first-class necessities such as salt, sugar, oil, coffee, tea;
- Characteristic bathroom with large shower, bidet and washbasin, linen and towels included;
- double bed (160x190), with possibility of single extra bed; Sheets and blankets included;
- Large wardrobe;
- Hot / cold air conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi internet 24h / 24;
The house is in your whole arrangement.
Since your satisfaction is ours, we will do far more than just an average airbnb host making us available for any need.
We will try to always be present in person for the delivery of the keys and we will welcome you by explaining everything you need to know about the house, the neighborhood and Florence: historical and artistic attractions, restaurants and venues, museums, Seasonal events and What else you need.
On your arrival you will be welcomed with a Welcome-Bag, containing a guidebook with all the instructions for use of the appliances and the rules of the house; A guest book where you can leave thoughts and comments; Maps of Florence, itineraries not to be missed, information on public transport and car parks, advice on restaurants, local and many SMILES! :) to make your stay unforgettable!
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT:
From Monday to Sunday - from 14:00 to 21:00
Arrival time must be confirmed by email 2 days in advance of arrival date. Changes to the scheduled arrival time may be communicated by phone or by sms to our phone number.
If your arrival is scheduled between 21:00 and 24:00 we kindly ask you to notify us in advance.
The apartment must be vacated by 12:00
Casualty may be granted late check out according to the day-to-day needs.
The Municipality of Florence, from October 2014, has also set up the Application of the Stay Tax for guests of furnished accommodation for tourist use; The tax rate is EUR 2.50 per person per night, up to a maximum of 7 nights.
The following exemptions are provided:
1. the children until the 12th year of age;
2. persons who attend the hospital admissions at the health facilities of the territory, even in day hospital, for up to two patient escorts;
3. Patients receiving hospital care under a day hospital;
4. Students enrolled at the University of Florence.
The tax will be charged in cash at check-in.
MORE TO KNOW
The apartment is located in the quaint district of Santo Spirito, in the heart of the historic center, perfect for exploring Florence: a few steps from Piazza Pitti, where there are several museums including the Galleria Palatina, the Modern Art Gallery and The Boboli Garden (not to be missed!); Two minutes walk to Piazza Santo Spirito and the Ponte Vecchio where you can admire the spectacular jewelery displays; Not far away, about 5 minutes on foot, the Uffizi Gallery and the beautiful Piazza Signoria, the imposing Palazzo Vecchio, the present-day town hall and museum, the charming Loggia dei Lanzi with its famous statues such as Perseus By Benvenuto Cellini, The Fountain of the Neptune of Ammannati and the equestrian monument of Cosimo I of Giambologna; Continuing through the Calzaiuoli, you will recognize the Church of Orsanimichele until reaching Piazza del Duomo, where the magnificent Duomo or Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, with the famous Brunelleschi dome, the Baptistery with the bronze Door of Paradise and the Giotto's Bell Tower, From where you can enjoy an incredible view over the city. From here you can admire:
- Newly renovated Piazza Santa Maria Novella, overlooking one of the most beautiful churches in Florence: the Church of Santa Maria Novella (L). The facade of the church is in white and green marble and was designed by Leon Battista Alberti, while the beautiful Tornabuoni Chapel (absolutely not to be missed!) Was frescoed by Ghirlandaio.
- Piazza San Lorenzo with the homonymous church and the majestic Medici Chapels
- Santa Croce Square with its grand church, where some important Florentine and Tuscan characters are buried, including Michelangelo and Galileo.
All in the reach of "foot" ...!
HOW TO MOVE
Just a 15-minute walk from Santa Maria Novella Train Station, Pizza Pitti is well connected by public transport.
Arrival by plane and train: From Santa Maria Novella Station> reachable by bus ATAF no. D (Steps every 10 minutes / Every 10 minutes
Monday - Saturday >> 7:00 - 21:00 / Monday - Saturday >> 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Festivals >> 8:30 - 20:30 / Service hours 8:30 am >> 8:30 pm)
Florence Peretola / A. Vespucci Airport: direct line from FLORENCE A. Vespucci Airport to Florence Station (Bus Station / Bus Station / Bus Station). VolaInBus line service.
Pisa Pisa Galileo Galilei Airport: direct bus from Pisa airport to Florence with some runs to Florence Amerigo Vespucci airport.
Travel time 70 min. Terravision shuttle service (ticket price about 5 €) or Highway.
Arriving by Car:
The garage closest to the apartment, but not the cheapest, is the Ponte Vecchio Garage in via De 'Bardi, 45 / R or Anglo American Garage in via Barbadori, 5. Several car parks are nearby and not too far away you will find car and bicycle rental services. We are available at any time for additional information and useful tips.
At the time of booking we will send you an email with all the details to make your arrival and your stay as pleasant as possible.