About the property
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
River House is a recently refurbished modern villa with fantastic lake views in beautiful, peaceful Vico Morcote, only 15 minutes to Lugano center with heated pool, portico dining area and beautiful garden with a small river and separate covered barbecue grotto. Villa is very accessible with an elevator to both floors from the double garage.
The house is a luxury independent villa with all modern features. The house has recently been refurnished. It is very airy in summer but there is underfloor heating and a fireplace for the winter. The pool is heated from Easter until the end of September.
The main living floor is upstairs and this has outside gates to prevent access to the pool and stream for children and pets. The master bedroom suite with bath tub, separate shower and twin basins plus walk-in dressing room is on this floor. Downstairs there are three bedrooms and TV room, all rooms except the children's room face the lake and have doors opening to the terrace/pool area.
- Both floors can be directly accessed by the elevator which is large enough for a wheelchair.
- entrance with corridor leading to to elevator with access to the double garage
- external entrance to the house can also be made via an external staircase
First Floor (top):
- direct access by elevator
- entrance lobby with built-in closets and desk/reading area
- huge open plan living area, with sitting room, dining area, library corner and fire place with walnut parquet flooring throughout. Equipped with Swisscom cable TV with video on demand, Netflix and Blu-ray DVD, Bose Bluetooth sound system.
- external access to garden with several different covered eating/ entertainment areas
- areas for sun bathing and shaded areas
- external covered terrace with dining area and fireplace
- modern high specification, well equipped chef's kitchen partially opening onto the living area. Kitchen equipment includes, fan oven, microwave, warming drawer, induction hob, two sinks, two fridges, dishwasher nespresso/cappuccino machine, fondue, food mixer, juice extractor, citrus press and usual appliances
- guest bath with entrance area
- master bedroom with terrace and en-suite bathroom with extra large (double) bathtub, separate double shower, twin basins and large dressing room
- large terrace
- direct access by elevator
- two double bedrooms
- bathroom with shower
- separate children's room with bunk beds and bathroom with shower (beds are regular 90x200cm but mattresses are light to meet safety standards for children on bunk beds)
- study area with desk and printer
- laundry room with washer and dryer and wash basin
- family room with TV equipped with Swisscom cable TV with video on demand and Netflix
- bar area (full bar with sink, double fridge, ice machine etc will be installed late May/ early June 2017). Family room has comfortable double sofa bed
- external heated pool, decked area with sun loungers and lawn
- covered terrace with armchairs and table
- small cellar with additional refrigerator and wine refrigerator.
- separate barbecue area with built-in grill (charcoal/wood) with dining table and benches
- beautiful mature garden with stream running through it
- video phone intercom
- automatic garden watering system
- automatic swimming pool control
- automatic double garage door opening
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french, german, italian, Polish
- Calendar last updated:
- May 24, 2018
Why Lynda chose Vico Morcote
My husband and I bought, gutted , extended and remodelled this villa when we first got married. It was a labour of love and much effort has gone into the details to ensure that this is an extremely comfortable family home. It has always been the scene large gatherings offer family and friends who come from various parts of the globe. We lived there for 10 years until four careers took us first to Paris and then to London.
What makes this Villa unique
This is an ideal place to get away from it all and relax by the pool. The house faces south and the pool area gets a lot of sun throughout the day. It is therapeutic to sit in the beautiful shaded gardens at the back of the house,listening to the sound of the stream that runs down the mountain and through the garden, Location is not overlooked- it is very quiet and there is no through traffic. Lugano is 15 minutes away by car. Closer by there is a supermarket, butcher, baker etc in Melide, which is also the nearest train station. There is much to do in the surrounding areas. There are good museums, restaurants, galleries and shopping in the town but also lots of nature and outdoor actives such as hiking and enjoying the lake which is in front of the villa. We are very close to Italy and have all the benefits such as climate and lifestyle coupled with the security and efficiency of living in Switzerland.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
ReviewsThis property doesn't have any reviews yet.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
For stays of over one week, the weekly cleaning fee of € 250 is additional and payable locally