“Sun sto Spiti” is a '60s house with a yard, recently renovated as to maintain the style and architecture of that time, by the architect & product designer, Mariza Tsiligkiridi. It consists of 2 apartments (elevated ground floor and 1st floor) of different design styles and a studio (ground floor). It can host a total of up to 10 individuals in 4 different rooms. It is located at Filopappou area (a historical district near the Acropolis) in one of the quietest neighbourhoods at downtown Athens.
Just walking around Filopappou Hill can be an experience on its own; while when crossing the Hill you can reach the area of Acropolis in just 15 minutes. Also, the train station of Petralona is a mere 8-minute walk from the house, giving you the chance to get directly to Thission and Monastiraki, as well as to Piraeus in case you want to catch a ferry to the islands. Alternatively, if you prefer to use a car, you can easily find off street parking in the area.
ELEVATED GROUND FLOOR: Design apartment (62 square meters/ 3,12 meters height) with separate entrance and which includes a hall, a 6-seater dining table, a fully equipped kitchen with a 2-seater table, a bathroom and 2 bedrooms (1 single-space and 1 double-space). The double-space bedroom has a space with 2 single beds of 75x190cm and 90x190cm respectively (which can form a double bed, when brought together) and another space with a sofa-bed of 120χ190cm. The other bedroom has a double bed of 160x200 cm.
Thanks to its stone-wall construction, the apartment is cool in summertime while maintaining heat in wintertime.
The apartment can be rented per room or an entire apartment, where the double-space room is transformed into a living room.
The decoration is of mid-century modern style with original restored furniture of that time, along with elements of contemporary design of the 1950s.
1st FLOOR: Design apartment (58 square meters/ 3,22 meters height) with separate entrance from the yard and which includes a hall, a living room, a fully equipped kitchen with a 6-seater table, a bathroom, 2 bedrooms and a veranda with a 4-seater table. One bedroom has a single bed of 90x200 cm and a double bed of 160x200 cm. The other bedroom has a double bed of 140x200 cm.
The apartment can be rented per room or as an entire apartment.
The decoration is a combination of shabby chic and vintage design with oldie furniture and decorative elements, along with patina wall paintings.
In the elevated ground floor and the 1st floor, you will find: air condition units and radiators; hot water; fully equipped kitchens with toaster, kettle, moka coffee pot, coffee maker, refrigerator, electric hobs, stove, pots and pans, dishes, glasses and cutlery, as well as fresh herbs from the garden, spices and Greek extra virgin olive oil; amenities including hair dryer, iron and ironing board, fresh linen and towels, shampoo and shower gel; radio, USB player and Wi-Fi connection.
All the windows have slatted French shutters and non-blackout curtains.
At the GROUND FLOOR you will find the STUDIO (30 square meters/ 2,02 meters height) an extra space for hanging around right next to the yard. It consists of a hall equipped with a fridge, and a room with a sofa-bench, 2 chairs and a desk. Thanks to its stone-wall construction, it is cool in summertime while maintaining heat in wintertime. Right next to the studio’s entrance, there is another entrance to the single-space kitchen and bathroom of 6 square meters in total. The kitchen is equipped with a moka coffee pot, gas hobs, pot and pan, dishes, glasses and cutlery). The studio is a typical example of traditional folk architecture of 1960s Athens. For more information about "Sun sto Spiti", please contact us.
All guests can have access to the common yard equipped with solar lightning and seating with tables for 10. The plants include a variety of Mediterranean herbs and aromatic plants, suitable for cooking.
The house is a corner, 3-facet building with southern orientation which makes it exceptionally bright, thus sunny and airy;-)
Its great brightness, thanks to its orientation, along with the familiar sensation that this house conveys once you walk in, inspired us to name it “Sun sto Spiti” which has a double meaning: 1/ “Sun at home” (literally) and 2/ “Feel like home” (metaphorically) as in our place you will feel like home!
- We just ask you to treat our home as you would treat your own, with respect to the property and our neighbours. Please respect quiet hours (14.30-17.30 and 23.00-08.00).
- Please note that you are not allowed to rent or sublet the apartments, or to invite random people to the property.
- Smoking is allowed only outdoors.
- Never leave keys on the door whether you are in the house or you check out.
- You are welcome to use everything you may need in the house as long as you take good care of it.
- Always use the toilet bin to avoid clogging.
- We also ask you not to engage in dangerous activities/ behaviours, for example heavy drinking, illegal substance abuse or violence.
- In any case, you should report any damage or problems to us as soon as possible so that we can be of assistance to you.
- We are happy to offer you flexible check in, from 10:00 to 21:00 according to your needs. This depends on availability of the property (if there is a guest before or after you), due to the time necessary for cleaning the apartments. Otherwise, check in is at 15:00 and check out at 11:00. For check in from 21:00 to 10:00 an extra charge of €20 applies.
- You are kindly asked to provide a photocopy (or a photo via email) of your passport (or your ID for the EU travellers) and the town of your residence before or upon arrival. In case you stay more than 10 days you are kindly asked to provide a photo of the passport (or your ID for the EU travellers) of each person that will stay in "Sun sto Spiti".
- Please do not leave any valuables in the house. We do not take responsibility for loss.
- Babies and children are welcome to "Sun sto Spiti", but unfortunately the apartments do not meet all the requirements for babies and children, especially under 5 years old. However, if you decide so, please let us know, so that we could help, giving you all the information needed about the house and providing you with all the bulky but necessary kids and baby equipment.
- ACCESS TO BUILDING ROOF IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. These restrictions are in the interest of safety due to the risk of injury or death should a fall occur.
- ALWAYS close the shutters, the windows and the doors (also the yard's door) before you leave.
- Please always lock the door when you are not in the house and when you check out, please leave the keys inside the apartments and close the door.
- Due to the Greek Law for short leasing, we cannot offer you cleaning services during your stay, but only the equipment. Please note that the house is not equipped with laundry. You will find the house clean with fresh linen and before your arrival you will receive an e-mail with a list of cleaning and laundry services. An average price for the cleaning of one apartment is € 35 + VAT, for the whole house is € 70 + VAT.