About the property
- Apartment600 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum StayNone
Reasonably priced, attractive, great location, quiet
* Minimum stay 3 nights, unless shorter stay fills vacancy
* Bright, comfortable 1-bedroom apartment
* Sleeps 1-5
* Great location in v centre of London
* Short walk to all major theatres
* Excellent reviews
* Quiet—sleep not disturbed by police/ambulance sirens, can sleep with windows open
* Bedroom with double bed, toasty electric blanket, TV, trouser press
* Living room: sofa, chairs
* Designer bathroom: toilet, shower, large tub
* Carpeted underfloor heating throughout
* Additional bedding: sofa converts to king sized bed; air bed on floor
* Big savings of money and time from central location, since public transport expensive and time-consuming
* Optional on-premises parking, £40/day
* 31" flat screen TV, large number of channels
* Wifi: normally 12Mbit/sec download, 1 Mbit/sec upload
* 27” high res computer monitor-bring your HDMI cable to connect
* HP Photosmart 5515 printer/copier/scanner with spare cartridges & paper—ready to go
KITCHEN, FOOD & DRINK
* Polished granite breakfast bar seats 5
* Fully equipped kitchen: fridge, freezer, dishwasher, induction hob/stove, oven, microwave, toaster, cooking utensils
* Good quality cutlery/silverware, plates, glasses
* Basic set of spices, oil & vinegar, coffee/tea/chocolate, canned and dry foodstuffs—ready to go if cooking
* Washer/dryer with laundry tablets, iron, ironing board—ready to go for washing
* Many excellent reviews over extended period
* As comments illustrate, flat is accurately represented, all shortcomings spelled out. What you see and read here is what you get
QUIET, SLEEP WITH WINDOWS OPEN
* V quiet
* Extremely unusual in central London, where emergency service sirens and rubbish pickups penetrate double-glazing throughout the night
* All but the lightest of sleepers can leave windows open and sleep soundly
* V centre of London. Many of London’s best sights, restaurants, etc just a short, lovely walk away
* Most theatres within five minute easy stroll
* Street outside, St. Giles High Street, is 2,000 years old main road into London
* Until about 1600, St Giles was small village just outside London
* St. Giles-in-the-Fields church next door, across ancient churchyard. Founded over 900 years ago. You sleep with 900 years of Londoners just 10 yards away. Including Andrew Marvell, author of “To My Coy Mistress”, most seductive poem of all time—so yes, you can say you slept next to Andrew Marvell
* Bells of St. Giles church regularly pealed at dusk or weekends-wonderful sound
* Former public execution site 200 yards away
* At nice pub next door (“The Angel”), condemned given “St Giles Bowl” of alcohol—origin of “one for the road”
* Great Plague of London of 1665 started here, hundreds of victims buried in churchyard 10 yards away
* Do internet search for “St Giles London” for more information—very rich, fascinating history
* Bathroom/toilet accessed through bedroom
* Crowded with more than 2 guests: during day usually best to put airbed aside, fold up sofabed
* As photos illustrate, private residence with personal photos on wall, books on shelves
* Undeclared guests not booked prior to arrival charged at twice per person daily rate, for entire duration of stay
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
Londoner. Came to San Francisco enticed by Stanford PhD in philosophy, bronzed surfing girls, academic career. Diverted into computers, mathematical logic, artificial intelligence research. Ran high tech companies, set up museum.
Owner purchased this Apartment in 2012
Why Owner chose Covent Garden
I like to be in the very centre of London, with the places I want to go to within several minutes' walk.
What makes this Apartment unique
The flat is in a fascinating, fantastic location. And, amazingly, it’s quiet. Plus it has parking, if you need that.
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Great location and accommodations!
I stayed in David's flat for four nights and could not have been happier. The flat has a great location and is easily accessible to Heathrow and major tourist attractions in London. It was spotlessly clean and had some great "hidden" features like heated towel racks in the bathroom. David is an amazing host and left a bevy and solid recommendations from a local perspective.
Glad you had a good stay Gerald. We put in a new carpet, and you were the first guest to tread all over it---it's a big improvement on the prior carpet, which was beige and showed all the stains, so looked a bit dowdy. Hope you come back! And thanks again for introducing me to your father.
fabulous location, perfect space
We could walk everywhere from this apartment -- very close to lots of great restaurants and pubs, as well as a fabulous comedy club. The owner was very accommodating of us and our request for early check-in, which made a huge difference after a long overseas flight. Convenient to the Tube, and perfectly appointed, this apartment was exactly as advertised -- we would definitely stay there again!
Absolutely perfect location
Everything went as planned without a hitch only 1 small problem but handled immediately
I will for sure go back.
Also saw the play mowtown which was only like 3 blocks away
So glad you enjoyed your stay Clay, and thanks for being understanding about the problem you experienced with the shower. Glad Motown was fun--as you noticed, we are in the centre of London's theatre-land.
Look forward to your next visit!
Great place to stay. Outstanding location. Don't miss the noodle shop on the corner.
They were incredibly helpful with a special request and for gracefully handling a late night emergency call. Highly recommend
Location, location, location
The flat didn't quite live up to the image created by the photographs, but it was clean, comfortable and functional, and it provided a more than adequate base for our four days in London. Its greatest attribute is its location - 5 minutes walk to Foyle's, most of the theatres and Oxford Street, 10 minutes to Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus and 15 minutes to the Thames, the Parliament Buildings and Westminster Abbey. So much of what makes London such a great city is right at your fingertips.
So sorry you felt the flat didn't quite live up to the photos. I entirely agree with your implicit suggestion that reality needs to match the photos and description. I've asked Sara to follow up with you to find out how you felt reality fell short, so we can take corrective action.--David
Very central for everything in London
This apartment is a bit smaller than we'd hoped as the picture of the bedroom makes it look very spacious. For two of us this was perfect but I wouldn't want to stay with more than three people... with the sofa bed made up there is very little living space and nowhere comfortable to sit, and no TV in the living area. The kitchen and bathroom are very nice though, good shower and nice fittings. The location is fantastic; it is so central to Covent Garden, Soho and the Theatres, it was really perfect for us in this respect.
Susan, you're right, when the sofabed is open, the place becomes crowded. Most guests fold up the sofabed during the day, unless they will be out all the time. If you stow the sofabed and airbed during the day, most people will find the apartment is comfortable for five people.
Thanks for drawing the lack of TV in the living room to my attention. I'll think about providing one in the future.
Many thanks for staying and we hope to see you again soon.