Cottage Facilities include:
• Beautiful 1 acre garden with additional 4 acres of woodlands to explore
• Exclusive use of 2 private beaches along 600 ft of natural shoreline directly on lake Windermere
• 2 double bedrooms and 1 single bedroom ("Trundle" bed)
• Upstairs bathroom with combined bath and shower - additional toilet downstairs
• Towels, fresh linen,toiletries, kitchenware and complimentary coffee are all included
• Lounge has 42” HD TV (includes Freesat, Netflix and i-player) a DVD/BluRay player with a fantastic selection of DVD's and plenty of family board games. Some children's toys available as well
• Super fast fibre broadband and Wi-Fi throughout the cottage
• Heating works off storage heaters, wood burners and electric heaters
• Espresso coffee maker
• Fridge/Small freezer
• Currently no dish washer
• Mobile reception works only with Vodafone but other mobile providers should work by the lake front
• Bring your own dinghy, kayak or canoe for use on lake from the private beach
• Enjoy endless walks around the Lake District (child friendly Guide books and O/S maps available)
• Visit Beatrix Potter’s farmhouse at Hill Top
• Have a refreshing swim in lake Windermere from your own private beach
• Kids will love the Brockhole outdoor adventure centre or Go Ape in Grizedale forest
• Visit many cultural spots including Wordsworth’s Dove cottage, Ruskins House and Blackwell Arts & Craft House
• Transfer your talents to Uncle Monty's cottage at Sleddale Hall
• Or just sit and enjoy the beautiful garden surroundings
Full guest information pack available at the cottage.
Nearby towns include, Bowness, Windermere, Ambleside, Kendal, Ulverston and Grasmere.
There is also a camp site "Park Cliffe" (10 minute walk away) that has a small shop, cafe/restaurant/pub/and internet.
There will be some road works (Nov 2018-April 2019) along the A592 so please refer to the Cumbria United Utilities (Windermere) web site for more information. However there will be alternative routes in and out of the area.