Cottage Facilities include:
• Beautiful 1 acre garden with additional 4 acres of woodlands to explore
• Exclusive use of 2 private beaches along 600 ft of natural shoreline on lake Windermere
• 2 double bedrooms and 1 single bedroom ("Trundle" bed)
• Upstairs bathroom with combined bath and shower - additional toilet downstairs
• Towels, fresh linen,toiletries, kitchenware and complimentary coffee are all included
• Lounge has 42” HD TV (includes Freesat, Netflix and i-player) a DVD/BluRay player with a fantastic selection of DVD's and plenty of family board games. Some children's toys available as well
• Super fast fibre broadband and Wi-Fi throughout the cottage
• Heating works off storage heaters, wood burners and electric heaters
• Espresso coffee maker
• Fridge/Small freezer
• Currently no dish washer
• Mobile reception works only with Vodafone but other mobile providers should work by the lake front
• Bring your own dinghy, kayak or canoe for use on lake from the private beach
• Enjoy endless walks around the Lake District (child friendly Guide books and O/S maps available)
• Visit Beatrix Potter’s farmhouse at Hill Top
• Have a refreshing swim in lake Windermere from your own private beach
• Kids will love the Brockhole outdoor adventure centre or Go Ape in Grizedale forest
• Visit many cultural spots including Wordsworth’s Dove cottage, Ruskins House and Blackwell Arts & Craft House
• Transfer your talents to Uncle Monty's cottage at Sleddale Hall
• Or just sit and enjoy the beautiful garden surroundings
Full guest information pack available at the cottage.
Nearby towns include, Bowness, Windermere, Ambleside, Kendal, Ulverston (Laurel & Hardy museum), Grasmere (think Gingerbread) and Keswick.
There is also a camp site "Park Cliffe" (10 minute walk away) that has a small shop, cafe/restaurant/pub/and internet.