*WE ARE BOREHOLE CONNECTED, THE WATER IS TREATED AND DRINKABLE. SO NO WATER RESTRICTION IN OUR PROPERTY, HOWEVER WE ASK OUR GUESTS TO PARTICIPATE TO THE NATIONAL EFFORT BY BEING CAREFUL IN THE WATER USAGE AS CAPE TOWN STILL HAS SEVERE WATER RESTRICTION
*PLEASE NOTE THAT FROM JULY 2019 THE AGAPANTHUS WON'T BE USING THE PROPERTY'S MAIN POOL ANYMORE. WE ARE DIGGING A NEW 10M X4M HEATED SWIMMING POOL TO BE SHARED WITH THE LITTLE GUINEA FOWL COTTAGE
The Agapanthus cottage is part of a stunning and high security 2 acres property, located in the select upper Constantia, right at the foot of the densely forested eastern slopes of Table Mountain. The property is opposite to the Cecelia forest, less than 2km away from the world famous Kirstenbosch garden (only 2mn to get to the entrance on Rhodes drive side). Nature lovers will enjoy the kilometers of unspoiled hiking trails directly from your front door.
Alternatively visit 6 leading wine estates all within a 10 minutes drive from the property: Beau Constantia, Constantia Glen, Groot Constantia, Eagle Nest, Klein Constantia, Buitenverwachting.
For gourmet food lovers, 4 of South Africa's best rated gourmet restaurants are within a 5 minutes drive: The Greenhouse at the Cellars Hohenort, La Colombe, Chef Warehouse at Beau Constantia and the Foxcroft.
Newly refurbished and elegantly appointed, The Agapanthus cottage comprises:
- 2 bedrooms (sleeps 5 max 4 adults): 1 with a king size bed and the 2nd one with an extra length queen bed. An additional child bed can be arranged on request. Air conditioning and heater in both rooms
- 2 en-suite bathrooms (1 with bath and double shower and the 2nd one with double shower). Underfloor heating and heated towel rail in both bathrooms
- an open plan room with a dining area and a living room with french designer Roche Bobois leather sofa and glass coffee table, a flat screen TV with full satellite DSTV bouquet, a DVD player + a selection of DVDs, a sound system with a selection of CDs, a bookcase.
- a terrace with beautiful garden view
- a fully equipped kitchen and back kitchen with Nespresso coffee machine and filter coffee maker.
For more relaxing and luxurious holidays we offer:
- a daily housekeeping service with the exception of week-ends & public holidays. The rooms are serviced with quality cotton linen and towels are provided (including pool towels).
- baby cots, changing table, baby baths and high chair (available on request)
- basic ingredients in the kitchen: salt, pepper, assorted teas, sugar, filtered coffee, milk
- initial grocery and nespresso capsules stock-up service on request, guest pay till receipt
- baby sitting can be arranged, prices on application
The location of the property is also perfect for the exploration of Cape Town and its surrounding areas: only 10mn to Hout bay and its beaches, 20 minutes to the vibrant V&A Waterfront, Camps Bay, 30mn to Boulders beach and its penguins and 50 minutes to Cape point/Cape of Good Hope, Stellenbosch, Franschoek or Paarl