About the property
- House1528 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay5 nights
Village home full of charm and quality. Meursault and Burgundy at your feet.
Following extensive renovation, a spacious, extremely comfortable, 3 bedroom family home has been created from a former disused winemakers home.
Care has been taken to preserve or restore many of the traditional features, such as exposed oak beams, flag stone floors, stone walls and fireplaces. While retaining a traditional French ambiance, modern materials have been fused with these traditional features to achieve contemporary comfort and functionality.
The home has been lovingly furnished with many authentic French antiques installed throughout most of the rooms.
An added major feature is a south facing roof top terrace overlooking some of Meursault’s celebrated vineyards.
La Jolie Jumelle-sud, is conveniently located, a few minutes walk to Meursault’s central village square. Here you will find an excellent choice of cafes, restaurants, boulangeries, (naturally!) an outstanding butcher, an epicerie, a supermarket, and a plethora of wine tastings to suit everyone’s palate.
La Jolie Jumelle-sud is ideal for two or three couples travelling together, or for family holidays.
The owners, James and Kerry from Melbourne, also own the neighbouring 3 bedroom/2.5 bathroom property, La Jolie Jumelle-nord, which is available for holiday rentals. Together, the two homes can accommodate up to 12 people.
Features of La Jolie Jumelle-sud include:
• Ground floor lounge with large sofa, comfortable armchairs, flat screen TV receiving UK and French channels, and Bluetooth speaker
• Free wifi.
• A fully equipped kitchen with induction hob, multi-function oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and Nespresso coffee machine
• Adjoining the kitchen is a dining area with seating for 8.
• From the lounge, glass doors open directly onto a paved terrace, ideal for relaxing and outdoor dining, with b-b-q provided.
• Bedroom #1 is on the first floor with a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom, containing a shower, washbasin and WC.
• Bedroom # 2, also on the first floor similarly contains a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
• Bedroom # 3, is on the second floor with a king size bed and spacious en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, wash basins and WC. An adjoining terrace provides stunning views over some of Meursault’s vineyards.
• Gas fireplace in the lounge.
• Guest bathroom on the ground floor.
• Hair dryers are supplied.
• Washer, dryer and ironing facilities are located on the ground floor.
• Free car parking is available on a nearby side street.
• A `starter pack` of basics which typically includes: milk, sugar, tea, coffee, bottled water, salt & pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
• Essentials provided include hand soap, toilet rolls, kitchen paper, foil, cling film, bin bags, matches, paper napkins.
• All bed linen, towels, and cleaning products are supplied.
• Cot and high chair available on request.
• For stays of two weeks or more, we include a mid-stay clean and change of linen.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- english, french
- Calendar last updated:
- Mar 16, 2018
About Su Bishop
La Jolie Jumelle-sud is owned by Melbourne based vineyard owners, James and Kerry, long time Francophiles and lovers of Burgundy wine. We make the point to visit Meursault each year to relax, meet up with family and friends and of course, to taste some wine! Our two properties are managed by Su and David Bishop owners of Location Burgundy, specialists in the management of holiday home rentals in Puligny- Montrachet, Meursault, Cissey, Pommard and Beaune. Su and David have lived year round, in nearby Pommard for more than 15 years and have incomparable knowledge of all the attractions, services and facilities in Beaune and the surrounding wine villages.
Su Bishop purchased this House in 2015
Why Su Bishop chose Meursault
We love France and have been visiting every year for many years. We owned an apartment in Lyon for over 10 years, and after various excursions to the Burgundy vineyards, this region of France very much became our second home. When our daughter, an artist and illustrator, came to study in Lyon, we were evicted, so we needed to find an alternative place to satisfy our French cravings. Vineyard views, a large garden and a thriving village were all on our location wish list. When we found Les Jolies Jumelles in Meursault, in desperate need of renovation, it fired our imagination to create a twin property that can serve as our family home with ample space for visiting friends. Les Jolies Jumelles can also act as two fully independent properties, both with a garden and great vineyard views.
What makes this House unique
La Jolie Jumelle-sud retains many of its original 18th century features, such as exposed oak beams, flag stone floors, stone walls and fireplaces. These have been matched with more modern materials to create contemporary comfort while retaining a traditional French ambiance. Many genuine French antiques are spread throughout the home. In addition, a major features is the roof top terrace overlooking some of Meursault’s celebrated vineyards. La Jolie Jumelle-sud is conveniently located. After a short walk to the central Meursault village square you will find an excellent choice of cafes, restaurants, boulangeries, (naturally!) an outstanding butcher, a supermarket, an epicerie, and of course many opportunities for wine tastings.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.