Following extensive renovation, a spacious, extremely comfortable, 3 bedroom family home has been created from a former disused winemakers home.
Care has been taken to preserve or restore many of the traditional features, such as exposed oak beams, flag stone floors, stone walls and fireplaces. While retaining a traditional French ambiance, modern materials have been fused with these traditional features to achieve contemporary comfort and functionality.
The home has been lovingly furnished with many authentic French antiques installed throughout most of the rooms.
An added major feature is a south facing roof top terrace overlooking some of Meursault’s celebrated vineyards.
La Jolie Jumelle-sud, is conveniently located, a few minutes walk to Meursault’s central village square. Here you will find an excellent choice of cafes, restaurants, boulangeries, (naturally!) an outstanding butcher, an epicerie, a supermarket, and a plethora of wine tastings to suit everyone’s palate.
La Jolie Jumelle-sud is ideal for two or three couples travelling together, or for family holidays.
The owners, James and Kerry from Melbourne, also own the neighbouring 3 bedroom/2.5 bathroom property, La Jolie Jumelle-nord, which is available for holiday rentals. Together, the two homes can accommodate up to 12 people.
Features of La Jolie Jumelle-sud include:
• Ground floor lounge with large sofa, comfortable armchairs, flat screen TV receiving UK and French channels, and Bluetooth speaker
• Free wifi.
• A fully equipped kitchen with induction hob, multi-function oven, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave and Nespresso coffee machine
• Adjoining the kitchen is a dining area with seating for 8.
• From the lounge, glass doors open directly onto a paved terrace, ideal for relaxing and outdoor dining, with b-b-q provided.
• Bedroom #1 is on the first floor with a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom, containing a shower, washbasin and WC.
• Bedroom # 2, also on the first floor similarly contains a king size bed and an en-suite bathroom with shower, basin and WC.
• Bedroom # 3, is on the second floor with a king size bed and spacious en-suite bathroom with bath, shower, wash basins and WC. An adjoining terrace provides stunning views over some of Meursault’s vineyards.
• Gas fireplace in the lounge.
• Guest bathroom on the ground floor.
• Hair dryers are supplied.
• Washer, dryer and ironing facilities are located on the ground floor.
• Free car parking is available on a nearby side street.
• A `starter pack` of basics which typically includes: milk, sugar, tea, coffee, bottled water, salt & pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
• Essentials provided include hand soap, toilet rolls, kitchen paper, foil, cling film, bin bags, matches, paper napkins.
• All bed linen, towels, and cleaning products are supplied.
• Cot and high chair available on request.
• For stays of two weeks or more, we include a mid-stay clean and change of linen.