WELCOME TO SLEEPY SANTIAGO mountain retreat...
Set in 1.5 acre on the quiet northern hill side of Castelo de Vide. Surrounded by olive trees with sweeping view of distant mountains. A perfect location for walkers, artists and those that just need to unwind and relax!
CHECK OUT MY FACE BOOK PAGE FOR UP TO DATE REVIEWS FROM OUR GUESTS - sleepysantiagopt
I am proud to have achieved 5 star reviews from my lovely guest since I opened in June 2017. I have enjoyed meeting every person and find have found everyone so interesting and has been a pleasure to host them and open the doors to my home!
I will look forward to welcoming you to my very special Studio under the magic of the castle:)
WHAT'S SO GREAT ABOUT SLEEPY SANTIAGO?
It's private.. NO SHARING WITH OTHER PEOPLE!
Well it is only 7 minute walk into the town center’s eclectic restaurants and terrace cafes.
The private boutique style studio is light and spacious, with one bedroom and king size bed, shower room and open lounge- kitchenette with all the modern facilities including Wi-Fi , air conditioning and wood burning stove.
You can hop on a coach from Lisbon airport or hire a car which will take you around 2 ½ hours to get here.
Sleepy Santiago is nestled in between olive trees, grape vines and fig trees with sweeping view of the distant mountains. An ideal retreat to relax, unwind and explore this outstanding and breathtaking natural park of Alentejo in Portugal.
This peaceful haven is set in the heart of Vivenda Santiago’s 1.5 acre Quinta on the quiet northern hill side of Castelo de Vide and is directly under the ancient 12th Century Castle, with stunning view of Serra Estrella Mountains.
Only a 7 minute walk through tiny cobbled streets to the town center’s eclectic restaurants and terrace cafes, this historic town will capture your heart.
Sleepy Santiago has been designed with care and attention to detail for your ultimate comfort and relaxation, Set in it has own perfect environment, away from the main house, it has complete privacy with no disturbances.
The three large north and east facing patio doors look out on to olive trees and panoramic mountain views.
Sleepy Santiago Studio is situated on a fairly steep slope with an uneven cobbled surface, this may make it difficult for wheel chairs and some disabilities, however car access to the front door can make access possible. There is a small step up of 10cm into the Studio and outside is a flat patio area to relax. There are no steps inside the property, Wheelchair access would not be possible in the bathroom.
Sleepy Santiago’s airy, light and spacious boutique style accommodation has a sublimely comfortable king size bed with beautiful soft linen and duvet. Freshen up under the rain-shower with all the little amenities on hand! The open lounge kitchenette has all the facilities from a dishwasher to a Krups coffee machine to make your stay as comfortable as home!
Sleepy Santiago is pretty hi-tech too, with full Wi-Fi connection, TV,DVD/Blu-ray, CD/MP3 player with vinyl turntable, radio and USB/SD encoding.
The sofa will comfortably adapt into a double bed for two extra guests.
Cook up delicious dishes with the Quinta’s own organic seasonal vegetables, herbs and fruit courtesy of the host.
Your safety is important to me and every precaution has been taken. The Studio complies with the Fire and Safety regulations; Fire extinguisher, Fire blanket, Smoke detector, Carbon monoxide detector, First Aid box and Fire Exit Strategy.
In the cooler months kick off your boots and warm your toes next to the cosy wood burner with a good book and mug of hot cocoa and in the warmer months cool off in the plunge pool then take a siesta in the hammock under the cool shade of an olive tree and dream away! Come the evening relax on the decking with a cool glass of Alentejo wine, cook up a BBQ and star gaze!
And when you want to venture out there is plenty to do & see.
MY COMMITMENT AS YOUR HOST IS:-
• Straightforward communication from the time of booking, to post checkout, via email, mobile, texting and (Advertising Company).
• Make guests feel at home from the moment they arrive - this goes beyond just a comfortable living environment - but also sharing local activities, hiking routes, the best restaurants/bars/entertainment, transportation advice, and more.
• Be a resource 24/7 for questions, needs, or advice - I understand that this is a private studio setting, there is a bit more autonomy necessary; rest assured, I'm here for you.
• Provide an impeccably clean environment; cleanliness is key - a thorough clean is completed before you check in to ensure cleanliness perfection.
• Provide an eco-environment using biological products – supplying eco-products for your convenience to help maintain the organic land and the natural conditions required to maintain the Septic Tank.
• Provide convenient utilities - whether it’s the high-speed WiFi, the need to steam-iron a shirt, or simply need an extra blanket. If there is something not in the studio that you require I will do my upmost to source it for you.
• Sometimes things tend to have a mind of their own and break down! In all cases I will do all I can to rectify the situation or find a replacement to your satisfaction.
• Create lasting, positive, and memorable experiences for all my guests - this is a top priority, and I guarantee you'll be very happy with your choice of booking Sleepy Santiago.
ABOUT THIS BEAUTIFUL AREA AND THINGS TO DO!
The historic Spa Town of Castelo de Vide is set in the heart of Parque Natural da Serra São Mamede in Alentejo, 19km from the Spanish border and 210km from Lisbon airport; 570 meters above sea level with panoramic views of the Spanish Mountains, Serra da Malcata, the northern Mountains of Serra Estrela, the fortress of Marvão and the small chaple of Erida de Nossa Senhora da Penha perched on the mountain ridge across from Castelo de Vide… a treasure trove of gems to name a few!
To the side of Sleepy Santiago there is a Roman cobbled road that will take you directly into the castle walls, from here you can take in the magnificent views from various advantage points. Walk around the castle ruin and visit it’s museum.
Meander through the flower lined cobbled streets of the historic Jewish Quarter, just down from the castle walls and take in all mystical whitewashed villas, typical gothic style structures and sculpted symbols above the doors. Visit the Synagogue then head for famous Jewish meeting area of ‘Fonta de Vila’ and dip your toe into the cool crystal clear mineral water!
Then head for the town centre and visit the impressive church, Santa Maria da Devesa set in the central square. Sample the local traditional food and drink and enjoy a stroll through the tall tree lined Parque João José da Luz. It’s an easy town to walk around so you can’t get lost! You will find the locals extremely friendly and approachable.
A Hikers paradise… ancient paths running though rugged granite terrain with old cork oak and olive trees, huge granite boulders and eroded features, sparkling streams and rivers! Hiking has to be the main activity around these parts with excellent guided routes, clearly signed posts provide a wealth of stunning walks for all capabilities from one hour walks to all day hiking!
Artists if you are looking for inspiration to nurture your passion and creativity, then this could be the setting for you.
Colours and textures of the landscape expand as far the eye can see, the huge expanse of azure blue sky, crimson sun sets, burnt ochre summer landscapes and winter olive green and grey hues is a canvas delight!. Quaint eclectic white washed houses with colourful hydrangeas sprouting from the path ways all of which is an artist’s paradise!
The area is rich with magnificent heritage that our ancestors have left us going back to Prehistory IV-III millennia BC megalithic graves, Roman bridges, aqueducts and roads. The once flourishing Roman town of Ammaia, founded in the 1st century AD, now an impressive and well preserved ruin, to name one of many Roman settlements most of which can be seen on the hiking routes.
Other activities include Castelo de Vide’s Olympic swimming pool and gym facilities, cycling, hand gliding, bird watching, lakes and water activities, wine tasting, horse riding, historical sights and festivals throughout the year.
And for those lazy hot summer days take a picnic and book and have a cooling dip at the local river beach..Piscina Fluvial da Portagem or Piscina Natural do Monte Carvalho in Portalegre.
I look forward to welcoming you to my magical corner of the world!
• Smoking is not permitted within the Studio. Guests who wish to smoke are asked to do so only on the patio, where an ash tray is provided.
• Pets are not allowed other than Assistance Dogs.
• NO BLEACH OR CAUSTIC PRODUCTS are to be used in or outside the Studio. I have provided eco-environment products for your convenience to help maintain the organic land and the natural conditions required to maintain the Septic Tank.
• Please be aware that there are four friendly cats roaming around the Quinta.
• Please take care of Sleepy Santiago as if it were your home.
• Other than that please enjoy yourselves