This characteristic apartment is located in the heart of Venice, close to the popular Piazza San Marco and the main touristic sites. Suitable for 4 people, it comprises a comfortable living room with kitchenette and dining area, two double bedrooms and two bathrooms. The flat is decorated in pure Venetian classic style, with period features and tromp d’oeil on the walls but it offers modern comforts. The location is excellent with many convenient stores, bakeries and “Bacari” (traditional venetian restaurants) nearby. In this lively area you can also find many markets and antique shops.
- Apartment861 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay1 - 4 nights
Two bedrooms and two bathrooms
- english, spanish, italian
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 16, 2018
Forms of Payment
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Cute apartment in a quiet section of Venice
Cute 2 bedroom apartment in a quiet yet central area of Venice. More than enough space & privacy.
Great location and nice space!
Over all it was a great place to stay and we would love to do it again.
The San Marco district is the oldest and the most famous of Venice. The center for excellence in the district is Piazza San Marco. Known as "the drawing room of the world", it has been the site of political events and the most important religious center for the Venetian Republic and the Venetian life for almost a millennium. Piazza San Marco is to be considered as the biggest museum of the lagoon city: it is precisely here that starts the city of Venice, with the Basilica and the Ducal Palace. The San Marco district is named after the basilica erected to contain the remains of San Marco, brought from Alexandria, Egypt by two Venetian merchants, in the year 828. Since then, San Marco became the patron saint of the city, taking the place of San Teodoro first patron saint of Venice. Next to the sacred building stands The Doge's Palace that, along with the Basilica, is the symbol of Venice. Until the fall of the Venetian Republic in 1797 it was the residence of the Doge, a public building and the public administration Justice place.
Monumental attractions in the area of Piazza San Marco:
- El Paron de Casa: so Venetians affectionately call the Campanile of San Marco.
- The Clock Tower: recently restored, holds the Two Moors designated to beat the hours.
- The Procuratie New and Old Procuratie that laterally delimit the square hosting the historic cafes like the Caffè Florian and Caffè Quadri as well as elegant shops and jewelers.
- The two splendid columns of San Marco square with the most important symbols of Venetian history: the statue of St. Theodore and the winged lion.
- The Bridge of Sighs: hence the prisoners passed through going from the courts to the prisons, knowing that they would probably never see the light of day.
NOT TO BE MISSED:
- Museum Corerr which offers an exciting journey to discover the art and history of Venice.
- The Marciana National Library that contains about 750,000 volumes.
- The Marciana Library, beautiful Renaissance building begun by J. Sansovino and finished by Scamozzi.
- Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo, well known for the tower climb round the spiral staircase.
- Church of San Salvador treasure of history and art between faith and devotion.
- The Grand Canal lined spendidi palaces, it is also one of the most fascinating to enjoy a wonderful view over the lagoon and the island of San Giorgio.
- The Teatro La Fenice: one of the most famous opera theaters in the world.
FINAL CLEANING AND LINEN This amount depends on the destination and the number of guests, it must be paid in cash at the arrival: 1-2 persons = 90 Euro 3-4 persons = 125 Euro 5-7 persons = 150 Euro 8+ persons = 190 Euro SECURITY DEPOSIT 200 Euro to be paid at the arrival - this amount will be returned at the end of the stay, after verification of no damages. CHECK IN/OUT Check in time is between 1.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m from Monday through Saturday. In case of check in on Sundays, Bank Holidays or from 6pm to 10pm, additional 30 Euro will be charged on your bill. Check in after from 10pm till midnight is charged 50 euros Check out time: 10.00 am. CANCELLATION POLICY The guest can cancel free of charge until 14 days before arrival. The guest will be charged 30% of the total price if they cancel in the 14 days before arrival. If the guest doesn’t show up they will be charged the total price.
Damage deposit: EUR200.00