The Judge's House has a 4 star gold rating from Visit England. You will find an elegant, spacious, well equipped and comfortable house offering high quality accommodation - it is excellent value for money.
The house is in a great location - a few minutes walk away from fun activities for the children - the blue flag beach, an award-winning play area in Pannett Park, the mini-fairground and scary Dracula experience, the indoor swimming pool and the fossils on the seashore and in Whitby museum.
For the grown ups, a short stroll takes you to the harbour and historic east side with its quaint cobbled streets, where the 199 steps take you up to Whitby Abbey and the most fantastic cliff top views.
For all the family, the North York Moors steam train is a great day out. Hire cycles from the end of the road and enjoy an easy ride along the coast to Robin Hoods Bay and beyond.
On the ground floor there is:-
- a large bay-windowed lounge with sofas and arm chairs that seat eight adults comfortably around a large wooden Victorian-style fireplace with coal effect gas fire (fire-guard provided) and a large TV (with freeview) and DVD.
- a dining room with a large square oak table seating 8 and a gorgeous Victorian side board.
- a new, fully equipped kitchen with granite worktops, a built in gas hob, electric fan oven, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and drying area.
Generous supplies of crockery, cutlery, glasses, pans, kitchen implements and equipment provided.
- a small conservatory with seating that overlooks the garden
- a neat, sunny sheltered walled garden with seating and well planted with shrubs including roses, honeysuckle, hebes and viburnum, Weber barbeque
- a downstairs cloakroom with feature seaside wallpaper.
On the first floor you will find:-
- a large and elegant master double bedroom with antique furniture and a built-in wardrobe.
- a comfortable double en suite (wc, sink and shower) bedroom with brass bed head and built in storage cupboards.
- spacious family bathroom with a bath (with shower attachment), sink, wc and a separate shower.
Going up the stairs, past the dramatic feature wall, the second floor has three spacious bedrooms:
- a twin with two 3ft single beds or a super king double bed in large room with built in wardrobe and antique furnishings
- two light and well-proportioned single rooms.
- a fully equipped shower room with wc.
High quality facilities throughout: all the single beds are 3’ wide, comfortable for adults or children, and all the showers are 900mm radius (larger than average). All bedroom curtains are of blackout quality so early morning light will not disturb your sleep.
Bed linen, towels (hand and bath), a choice of pillows (feather and hypoallergenic), a hairdryer in every bedroom and good wifi connection are all provided free of charge. Beach towels and picnic knapsacks (with integral cool bags) are provided.
Children are well catered for with a travel cot (bring your own cot linen) and a high chair provided. A range of games are available and there is an oak chest in the twin bedroom which has a wide range of dressing up costumes including a fairy princess, mini pirate, witch and Count Dracula!
The house has full gas central heating and a pressurised hot water system that delivers good (and uninterrupted) shower/tap pressure throughout the house. There is no extra charge for heating or hot water.
The house is in a cul de sac with residents-only parking on a first come basis. Loading and unloading in front of the house is usually easy to do. For parking, scratch cards are provided for one car on the street for residents-only (first some basis). In addition, there is a large long stay car park within four minutes walk. Two parking permits for this car park is provided as part of the house rental from 1 March to 31 October (it is free November to February). These parking permits represent a saving of over £100 in car park charges for our week guests. The very convenient location of this property very close to the centre of Whitby means that guests do not need to either have (or use) a car during their stay.
Bikes can be stored in the walled back garden.
Pets are not allowed in the property - sorry, but this does mean it is suitable for allergy sufferers.
Bring buckets and spades for a classic British seaside holiday, with plenty of other activities and attractions available in easy walking distance.