Extremely quiet place away from any roads or traffic for you to enjoy the silence of the country side.
- Large heated swimming pool (12x6m) with tables, long chairs and umbrellas around it as well as upside on the balcony on the first floor. The pool is protected around for children safety.
- Playground for children (swinger, tobbogan and sand yard).
- 3 High chairs and 3 small beds for babies.
- Bikes for children and adults
- Horse riding and Golf (outside at special prices).
- Take away meals (portuguese food) delievered home, at fair prices.
- House cleaning (6 eur/h).
- Possibility to pick-up Vegetables and fruits from farm's biologic greenyard at free cost.
- Fire place.
- Central cooling/heating (air conditioning).
- Walks inside a 130 ha private property (crossed by a river, with a lake and covered by huge forests).
- Private tennis court for your own use
We stayed for two weeks in this lovely house. In the first week there were 12 of us and in the second week the house was full. Three families with grown up 'children'. There was plenty of space. The three master en suite bedrooms which open out onto the pool area are gorgeous and the 5 other bedrooms (4 of which share two bathrooms, the other of which is on two levels in a separate part of the house with its own bathroom downstairs) are simpler but more than adequate for children, teenagers or young adults. The upstairs living and kitchen area is huge and bright and the terrace looks out over countryside and nothing else; not another building in sight. Great place to watch the sunset from. The only tiny niggle that we had was the size of the barbecue and oven. Cooking for 16 people was a bit of a challenge. However, the owner heard our feedback graciously and hopefully that will change for next year.
The setting is idyllic in the middle of acres of farmland where you can walk, run or ramble for hours without meeting another soul. The house is about 1.5 km from the main road and from there it is a short drive to two really good supermarkets and the fish market at Sesimbra is awesome and not expensive by British standards.
The house is about 20 minutes from several huge sandy beaches. The sea is sometimes rough and quite cold but if you like waves then you will love this bit of coast. The 'lagoon' beach' has an expanse of safe shallow water for families with small children. Guilherme, our host, was welcoming and incredibly helpful. We have already booked to return next year. We have fallen in love with Portugal and this is the best holiday house we have ever stayed in.
'Quinta da Lagoa' is a rural house situated inside a property which is exploited by the owners as an agricultural business. Lisbon is at 30 Km distance.
The house was rebuilt 8 years ago and is now fully equipped with all you need to spend a holiday. Inside the house you have: on the ground floor a fire room, eight double bedrooms with private bathroom; on the first floor you have 250 M2 loft that includes an office, a children's corner, a living and a dinning room, a kitchen and a huge balcony with a spectacular view to the countryside.
As outside activities you have: a private tennis court for your own use, 4 bikes and a swimming pool. Five minutes away you have horse riding facilities (not included in the price).You can see and participate the farming and cattle activities and have free access to our orchard and vegetable garden. In the vicinity there are 4 golf courses and several beaches. You can also visit Azeitão village with its famous wineries where you can taste local wines.
Please note that this is a weekly rental and it from Saturday to Saturday.